• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From earlier. This is about as good as I got due to it being daytime  

Another one approaching me.   https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/19845-/

As a 32 Year old, When I see storms heading for me, I'm like a child running between windows , up and downstairs, checking the radars. Grabbing the camera, running again up an downstairs. Jumping up a

Posted Images

MCS can be used to describe a multicell system (ie many cells absorbed into 1 system). However, sometimes the organisation of these systems can arrange into something stronger known as a mesoscale convective system  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoscale_convective_system  The one in France is shaping up quite nicely.

thanks for that totally understand now

Not sure about that Darren. Too often I have read convective experts saying the clag and reminants from overnight storms or MCS had restricted storm development the next day if they hang around.

Was about to say the same...remnants of MCS are rarely a good thing

This is true. It's been a good start to the year with regards to convection for some, but not for everyone. I'll be straight-up honest and say that I'm not happy somewhere else is getting a great thunderstorm - I'm jealous and bitter, lol. If I can't get a thunderstorm, nowhere else can either.

ha fair enough guys, I would have loved some thunder today but I felt that parts that normally miss out did really well today, great day for severe weather :-)

a bit of a lull for folks in the south now, at least according to the various sferic detection apps......not many strikes being detected, lets hope this lull is just a brief one

• Like 3

Occasional flashes coming from south now !! And a possible mcs to top it off !.....

NO NO NO NO MORE FOR YOU.lol. Enjoy it if you get another
  • Like 1

a bit of a lull for folks in the south now, at least according to the various sferic detection apps......not many strikes being detected, lets hope this lull is just a brief one

Tell the storms to stop teasing me by dying down as it gets closer to Bristol...  :laugh:

• Like 2

What an evening. Had three cells pass overhead, and a 4th cell just passed slightly out to sea. Wondering if there will be any more. I wonder if that MCS could hit me in the early morning?

Not sure about that Darren. Too often I have read convective experts saying the clag and reminants from overnight storms or MCS had restricted storm development the next day if they hang around.

You're right there, I guess it's all or nothing then?

The MCS is fading in activity - more an area of heavy rain with stronger convective sferic elements on its northern and eastern edge. More activity behind towards Bordeaux. I suspect that as it is still early that any grunge remaining preventing home grown storms tomorrow will have passed to the north by mid morning, allowing further home grown activity for the midlands from around lunchtime. 

Geckozilla it may end up being!

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 1

The MCS is fading in activity - more an area of heavy rain with stronger convective sferic elements on its northern and eastern edge. More activity behind towards Bordeaux. I suspect that as it is still early that any grunge remaining preventing home grown storms tomorrow will have passed to the north by mid morning, allowing further home grown activity for the midlands from around lunchtime. 

Geckozilla it may end up being!

Then so be it! Lets hope it moves through quick and clears in time for tomorrows home-growners! :D