Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase Live Video Streaming

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Is the GPS updating correctly as it seems to be frozen for me. (On chrome on Mac)

Hi

we seem to have a slight technical issue with the gps data not getting to the website, this will be fixed later. we are currently north west of Lampass TX

Posted

Are you streaming today? If the radar is correct there seems to be a severe warned storm near you?

Posted

Are you streaming today? If the radar is correct there seems to be a severe warned storm near you?

Streaming now!

• 10 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

We usually have a single car with the streaming camera, as we all travel in convoy having one on each would only show the same view and burn through bandwidth.

The camera is mounted inside the windscreen and we try to make sure that it's catching what we are seeing, occasionally the sound is on, but as chasing can be quite an adrenaline rush the language might be a bit 'loud' for sensitive ears, so we don't always have audio on.

Of course a streaming camera has limitations, the main one being available bandwidth, we visit some pretty remote places, so the signal can drop out, and the 'Golden Hour' for storms in the USA is around 6pm local time, which means things typically really get going in the late evening UK time.  Which results in some people catching up with the events over breakfast.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

This year's streaming setup seems to be holding up pretty well in the difficult mobile zone that is the panhandle :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Kansas,Missouri,USA from Gloucester UK Viking country
  • Location: Kansas,Missouri,USA from Gloucester UK Viking country

This year's streaming setup seems to be holding up pretty well in the difficult mobile zone that is the panhandle :D

well Paul,,,,ive  been  sitting  here  in S/W ..most of the time i watched....worried  i go to UK  next week.....but   been  averagebeing   honrst

some timed  irs  been hrs unbroken...which i enjoy

Paul.......sometimes...honest

Edited by pat lightning timmer

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

We've made some updates to the GPS / Radar / Warnings map on the streamng page, so hopefully the radar and watch boxes update a bit more speedily. Also, if you haven't seen it, there is a video player below with all the video highlights from the tours so far - some cracking videos in there already..

• Like 1

Posted

Another upgrade on the stream page today - we've added the option to jump into street view to where the team are, just to get a better feel for where they're streaming from!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=chaselive;sess=

(Just drag the yellow man to their position to switch it on). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Does the yellow man know where the bunkers are if it goes tornado warned in the vicinity??

Posted

Some of the best streaming ever for Netweather yesterday.

Streamed the first funnel really well then the big tornado and rope out hand held streaming out of the car, if you got a chance to see it - it was a sight to behold

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Streamed the first funnel really well then the big tornado and rope out hand held streaming out of the car, if you got a chance to see it - it was a sight to behold

Agreed, was awesome...paid for it today as have been a little tired.

At one point you guys were away off to the right (as I was viewing) and I thought I could see a tornado way off in the distance...I was tilting my screen back and forth to work out if it was a distortion of the light - then I saw you race back over, pointing that way jubilantly (so am guessing it was!). Just in the 90 odd minutes I was watching there were (at least) three tornadoes I saw...was absolutely fantastic to watch...just a shame there can't be any sound :cray:

Edited by Harry

Posted

totally agree Paul!

is there a different camera as the resolution is really good! putting some of the TVN boys to shame!

great picture, great positioning! GREAT TEAM!¬

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Same camera, but I tweaked the laptop a bit to cope with a bit better frame rate, and the internet has behaved itself a lot better this year.  I think the cunning plan of using our own kit rather than renting might have helped.

• 10 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Kelley williamson on a cell near Guthrie

https://tvnweather.com/live/chasers/847783620

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

its kelley williamson again  

https://tvnweather.com/live/chasers/847783620

south of Fort Worth with footage of some serious rainfall amounts and flooding in the Waco area.

Hopefully storms later

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

Working fine on my iphone

will test iPad and laptop

EDIT - iPad and laptop looking good !

Edited by Chris Sargent
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

Video is crystal, do you have the sound on as not hearing anything.

Posted

Forgot to mention the system this year is quite smart in that you can pause the live feed, and also rewind a couple of hours if there's something you want to see again. It also auto records, so we'll be able to pull highlights down and edit them. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Forgot to mention the system this year is quite smart in that you can pause the live feed, and also rewind a couple of hours if there's something you want to see again. 

That is excellent, can't believe it's that time of the year again:) Just watched the feed and it's working perfectly; I even used the rewind function. Here's to another fab season! Good luck everyone.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted

Streaming feed is looking good, so far minimal drops (I know it's area specific). Good to see the Netweather team back on the chase, go boys go..

• Like 1