Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

How many points will the British Eurovision entry will get this year?

Weather-history

British Eurovision entry  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many points do you think the British Eurovision entry will get?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Yes, well it seemed to be full of foreigners & even gays, so no surprise really.

Er......why should the presence of gay people be a contributing factor to how abysmal it was/is? Do explain that blatantly homophobic remark.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I just voted. My guess was correct. :wink:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

United Kingdom had 40 points!! So close to my prediction!!

Posted

Er......why should the presence of gay people be a contributing factor to how abysmal it was/is? Do explain that blatantly homophobic remark.

I think that was sarcasm directed at the person to whom he was replying.

• Like 1

This year Eurovison have provided more info available on the Jury/ Televote split, and from this, I have worked out the following.

Jury  West

1 Austria

2 Sweden

3 The Netherlands

10 United Kingdom      

Jury  East

1 The Netherlands

2 Sweden

3 Hungary

24 United Kingdom

Televote  West

1 Austria

2 Sweden

3 Poland

14 United Kingdom      

Televote East

1 Austria

2 Russia

3 Armenia

22= United Kingdom

Overall West

1 Austria

2 The Netherlands

3 Sweden

12= United Kingdom      

Overall East

1= Austria

1= Armenia

3= Sweden

3= Netherlands

25 United Kingdom

Overall

1 Austria

2 The Netherlands

3 Sweden

17 United Kingdom

Edited by J10

Posted
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)

Love to see Gillette come on the scene after him, for a new advert... Gillette the best a man or her can get :rofl:  Rename; Gillette con/Fusion ProGlide razor :rofl:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Eurovision 2014: Voting controversy after UK public revealed to have voted Donatan & Cleo first – but jury placed them last.

Eurovision is a farce,and a fix it seems.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/eurovision-2014-voting-controversy-after-uk-jury-revealed-to-place-conchita-first--but-british-public-voted-for-donatan--cleo-9351644.html

Posted

Eurovision 2014: Voting controversy after UK public revealed to have voted Donatan & Cleo first – but jury placed them last.

Eurovision is a farce,and a fix it seems.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/eurovision-2014-voting-controversy-after-uk-jury-revealed-to-place-conchita-first--but-british-public-voted-for-donatan--cleo-9351644.html

Why? It was a pretty awful song. Entertaining & you can see why people voted for it - probably 4 reasons I reckon, but it wasn't good. In addition, we have been giving quite a lot of votes to Poland in recent years, probably because of the large number of Poles here who vote for their home country. In the same way, we always get votes from Spain due to ex-pat Brits voting & Germany always used to give 12 to Turkey, when there were very large numbers of Turkish "gastarbeiter" there. Also the vote by the juries was from the dress rehearsal the day before the contest proper, so there is no connection between the jury vote & the public vote. Is there anywhere you won't see a conspiracy Snowy? lol

Posted

It's unfortunate that homophobia has come into this ( I am talking about the general public 'debate' surrounding Conchita ). It proves to me there is quite a bit of confusion in some quarters about someones gender identification and sexual orientation. I understand they are completely different things. Perhaps the gay 'lobby' is partly responsible for blurring the lines?

Most same sex attracted guys don't identify as woman, nor cross dress. The stereotype may not assist social acceptance, witness what we have heard from Putin and other confused people.

Edited by Styx

Posted

It's unfortunate that homophobia has come into this ( I am talking about the general public 'debate' surrounding Conchita ).

I'm only ever a casual observer of that pile of junk 'contest' so have only seen fleeting pics of Conchiglie. Could someone tell me if it's a bird looking a little like a guy, or the other way round? I may be confused, but the person in question appears to be even more so.

Posted

It's unfortunate that homophobia has come into this ( I am talking about the general public 'debate' surrounding Conchita ). It proves to me there is quite a bit of confusion in some quarters about someones gender identification and sexual orientation. I understand they are completely different things. Perhaps the gay 'lobby' is partly responsible for blurring the lines?

Most same sex attracted guys don't identify as woman, nor cross dress. The stereotype may not assist social acceptance, witness what we have heard from Putin and other confused people.

Sorry Styx, I was probably responsible in this thread. It was a jokey reply to a poster who has form in that area. If you can bear to read the whole thread & know the characters involved, it will be clearer. I would never knock the wonderful gayfest that is Eurovision. The songs yes, the voting yes but the actual contest never. It's been great these last couple of years seeing the hosts, Sweden last year & Denmark this, playing up so strongly to the largely gay audience at the front of the stage.

Edited by davehsug
    • Like 1

Posted

I would never knock the wonderful gayfest that is Eurovision.

Is that what it's been reduced to, these days? Will 'straights' soon be prohibited? You can keep it, whatever your persuasion.

Posted

Is that what it's been reduced to, these days? Will 'straights' soon be prohibited? You can keep it, whatever your persuasion.

"Reduced to"? You clearly have a problem with gay people. Sadly for you, Eurovision has been a big event in the gay calendar for over 40 years. It's nothing new, it's just being acknowledged. Hate to break it to you, but (for reasons which escape me I admit), Miss World, Miss Universe & other beauty pageants are also very popular with many gays too! I suppose it's the whole "kitsch" quality they have. You won't be able to leave the house soon. Who knows when you might come across something that might offend you.

Posted

^ Same. I just thought it was the way continental Europe rolled, the way it put on a show. It is telecast on Australian television and I think it rated 15th top show of the day this year. There is a push to have an Asia-Pacific contest, but poor Australia would never have a chance of winning the thing...imagine the voting bloc. The only time I have watched it was in 2008 at a small  Eurovision party here ( I don't think there were any openly gay guys there ). I say that with no judgement just to make it clear. Watched it a few times when I was living in England and Wales though. Loved it for the novelty factor:  the display of excitement from the roll calls is what makes it special in my view.  .  

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry Styx, I was probably responsible in this thread. It was a jokey reply to a poster who has form in that area. If you can bear to read the whole thread & know the characters involved, it will be clearer. I would never knock the wonderful gayfest that is Eurovision. The songs yes, the voting yes but the actual contest never. It's been great these last couple of years seeing the hosts, Sweden last year & Denmark this, playing up so strongly to the largely gay audience at the front of the stage.

No need to apologise at all!  I was just making some social commentary about subject, rather than honing in on anyone on here. 

Posted

"Reduced to"? You clearly have a problem with gay people.

OK sorry, I'll rephrase. I didn't know it'd been 'hijacked' by gay people and adopted as theirs. I suppose you gotta be in the club to see that. Put me off even more, has that...