Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

The FIFA World Cup - Brazil 2014

Ref favouring Germany here.

Loving the German sweeper with the gloves!

It has to be said that both Keepers have been very good.

As a "neutral" I don't think I've wanted one team to beat another so much! How brilliant would it be if the Germans were dumped out of the World Cup...by Algeria?!

• Like 1

This world cup continues to intrigue! Could the unthinkable happen? Still a possibility!

OK Maybe not now. DO'H!

Edited by NUT

That Algerian manager is a grumpy one alright. :D

Edited by pip22

Gutted!! :(

A struggle for Germany to say the least

2 1! Class goal too...what a game this is.

My game of the tournament so far. Riveting stuff! So gutted for Algeria, they deserved that goal so badly. Argh, why did Ozil have to score?!Was half expecting the Germans to bring on Erwin Rommel! Edited by March Blizzard

Fantastic game one of the best I have seen, Algeria gave everything they had, maybe England could take a look at that!

But why oh why don't the refs add on the corect time, just 8secs after a stoppage for a goal???

I'm guessing Algeria could beat England at least. Last time Germany played England, they were hammered by the Germans in South Africa.

Edited by pip22

Indeed. When I perhaps meant scrappy...it was the fact that both teams fought tooth and nail. Gave all to the bitter end. You could sense the determination, no doubt some brows being wiped in the German dressing room tonight!

Nice arm folding by the Algerian manager at the end! Wanted Algeria to win!

That was a superb game of football. Algeria were excellent and incredibly unlucky. Germany were shocking in the first half, lacking a half-decent defence. They improved in the second half and they were far more balanced when Lahm moved to rb. If he plays in that position from now on then i would expect Germany's shape to be a lot better in the quarter-final against France.

Very very hard to say with any certainty who I think will win this tournament. All of the 'favourites' have been very hit and miss so far. I just have a feeling however that Holland may be the dark horses in this competition....Van Gaal has his tactics working beautifully with every game I watch....perhaps not the strongest team but he knows how to exploit his opponent's weaknesses.

Aah Jaws has finally admitted to having a chomp a chomp. Took him long enough though.

Very very hard to say with any certainty who I think will win this tournament. All of the 'favourites' have been very hit and miss so far. I just have a feeling however that Holland may be the dark horses in this competition....Van Gaal has his tactics working beautifully with every game I watch....perhaps not the strongest team but he knows how to exploit his opponent's weaknesses.

Holland got a bit lucky against Mexico, they were so close to going out of the tournament.

Quickly going back to Robben, how is he not a cheat? He theatrically leaps through the air during any small sign of contact, if that's the only way he can get his side to win a game, then it's a disgrace. Mexico deserved to have won that game, I feel for them. A shame for Algeria too.

• Like 1

Quickly going back to Robben, how is he not a cheat? He theatrically leaps through the air during any small sign of contact, if that's the only way he can get his side to win a game, then it's a disgrace. Mexico deserved to have won that game, I feel for them. A shame for Algeria too.

Not sure how Mexico deserved to win for me Holland were the better team and won fair and square..if anything Robben theatrics plays against him probably cost him a stonewall penalty earlier in the match. Anyway looking for to Belgium v USA tonight..who'd have thunk it?

• Like 2

LOL @ Fair and square!

It did make me laugh how a Central American footie country complained about a player diving and cheating.

Being fair to divers, as much as I think they are wimps (look at the USA for strength and a team not full of fairies) they get kicked and elbowed all game and yet the ref will do nothing unless they go down.

post-15177-0-16804000-1404218860_thumb.jpost-15177-0-86293500-1404218865_thumb.j

Says it all really. Must dive to win game.

• Like 1

If he had gone over without diving it would still have been a penalty..not as though he blatantly cheated like some I could mention over the years...cough..Maradona..cough

Being fair to divers, as much as I think they are wimps (look at the USA for strength and a team not full of fairies) they get kicked and elbowed all game and yet the ref will do nothing unless they go down.

That's a good point, a lot of the problem lies with referees and their reluctance to award the honest ones who stay on their feet, carry on running, don't appeal etc etc when they are fouled. I would massively be in favour of retrospective action against players who dive and especially against those who claim an injury in a place there was none or very little contact. How great would it be to see players that hold their faces after an scrape on the knee receive a retrospective yellow/red card?

If he had gone over without diving it would still have been a penalty..not as though he blatantly cheated like some I could mention over the years...cough..Maradona..cough

Bit of a contradiction there.. He wouldn't have gone over without diving.