Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

The FIFA World Cup - Brazil 2014

thinking about it, FIFA immediately banning him pending an appeal could have legal implications ie, are FIFA allowed by international law (whatever that might be) to keep a ban in place whilst an appeal is being processed?....food for thought

there is the other side of the coin, where his ban might possibly be extended if his appeal is turned down?

I just don't know how they can have the cheek to even question the verdict. There have been cases where the ban gets extended after appeal. I think it should be extended purely for their reaction and "fingers in ears" approach to the whole situation. It's pathetic.

Edited by Nick L

Germany mean business! Mark Lawrenson! :laugh:

Edited by lassie23

Wonder whether Uruguay have considered Liverpool in all of this?

Uruguay appealing could have further detrimental affects on Liverpool, who haven't been involved and done anything towards this latest saga?

Silly punishing Liverpool, he should be banned from playing any international games for life, 2 years whatever. This will have a big effect on Liverpool, who are innocent in this instance. If he did it again in a ELP game, then its different, but this is a World Cup matter.

I think hes an amazing player, but I think he has a screw loose.

Edited by Kain
  • Like 1

I do think that it does unfairly hit Liverpool, but just banning him from international games would send out the wrong message. I don't think there's a perfect solution here.

I do think that it does unfairly hit Liverpool, but just banning him from international games would send out the wrong message. I don't think there's a perfect solution here.

There probbably isn't

I can see us selling him on now though, I vaguely remember last time, the Liverpool brass gave him his last warning.

And I see that the media are once again dragging West Brom's name through the dirt. First of all, some Daily Mail clown blamed us for England's failing (because of Hodgson and Dan Ashworth, DM said the FA is "pregnant with West Brom") and now they are referring to Diego Lugano as a West Brom defender after his shocking comments - we released him at the end of the season. I know the media don't like us, but jeez, get your facts right.

Edited by Nick L

You should know what the Daily Fail is like Nick, anything to sell a paper, or slag someone off who aint flavour of the month!

• Like 1

Wonder whether Uruguay have considered Liverpool in all of this?

Uruguay appealing could have further detrimental affects on Liverpool, who haven't been involved and done anything towards this latest saga?

Uruguay don't care.... Who's Liverpool! All they care about is about Uruguay.

Read a transcript of Lugano's exchange with BBC sports news reporter Ben Smith at Uruguay's news conference below.

Posted Image

BBC: "Can you comment on the incident with Luis Suarez? Can you comment on what the world saw yesterday?"

Diego Lugano: "What incident? I don't know what incident you're talking about. I don't know what incident you're talking about. Are you talking about the Premier League or the national team? Have you got something against Luis?"

BBC: "Chiellini? Are you saying nothing happened?"

Lugano: "No. The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation but nothing important."

BBC: "Why is Fifa investigating Suarez then?"

Lugano: "I don't know. As far as I know."

BBC: "Are British media to blame?"

Lugano: "No. Everybody knows the British media have an issue with Suarez. It must sell newspapers in England. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Yesterday Uruguay played against Italy and Saturday it will play Colombia. I don't know what a British journalist is doing talking about Suarez. It must be popular with the British media. I don't see another explanation.

"But we're happy with yesterday's win. You don't look that happy with Uruguay's victory but, well, now comes the hardest part which is facing what I believe is the best team so far in the tournament. Colombia has scored a lot of goals and won easily."

Just show the arrogance of them.... Can't wait to see there next press conference... wouldn't surprize me if they refuse to speak to anybody that speaks English.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Germany scores all down to that stupid foul by Bradley. :angry:

Edited by pip22

Two players are down. god dammit. USA lost.

What's with all the added letter "e" in the German names on the BBC coverage? Mueller, Oezil, Scheurlle?

Edited by March Blizzard

USA are going through at least and Portugal and Ghana are knocked out!!

USA is way better than England now. :)

Edited by pip22

BREAKING NEWS:

Luis Suarez, banned for 4 months but can still play in the Champions League again before Man United.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS:Luis Suarez, banned for 4 months but can still play in the Champions League again before Man United.

he could get a 3 year ban and he'll still play in the champions league before Man Utd  :wink:

• Like 1

Liverpool won't sell for a deflated price. I would put big money on that.They kept him last season against his will and with a ban to start the season still. They may (and hopefully) consider selling him, but for his market value or very close too.

Football sold its soul many years ago - if Liverpool decide to offload him one of the big clubs in Europe will come in for him.Meanwhile BBC news, just now, showed a couple of interviews with Liverpool fans outside Anfield, and surprise surprise the Liverpool victim mentality kicks in. Predictable.

What a world cup it's been so far!.....Who would of thought at this stage the likes of Spain, England, Italy and Portugal would be out the world cup. Come on Netherlands Posted Image

Football sold its soul many years ago - if Liverpool decide to offload him one of the big clubs in Europe will come in for him.Meanwhile BBC news, just now, showed a couple of interviews with Liverpool fans outside Anfield, and surprise surprise the Liverpool victim mentality kicks in. Predictable.

Surprising as I saw a couple on ITV and they chewed him out big style.

• Like 1

Gordon Strachan, just now on ITV, on the panel before this eve's games "Football has no morals....."

Hats off to you, sir. Tell it as it is.

• Like 1

Gordon Strachan, just now on ITV, on the panel before this eve's games "Football has no morals....."Hats off to you, sir. Tell it as it is.

Really? if Liverpool offered Suarez to utd + 50 million quid, and a gum shield they would still say telephone box off :laugh:

Edited by ajpoolshark
no swearing thankyou

BREAKING NEWS:Luis Suarez, banned for 4 months but can still play in the Champions League again before Man United.

No where near enough, a Torquay player received a 10 match ban in March for his first offence of biting. This little runt will only miss 9 premiership games for Liverpool.

A one year ban with enforced councilling should have been the punishment as clearly Suarez has a mental issue which will not go away unless treated.

Edited by HighPressure
  • Like 1

Now, there in England, what you support? Maybe your ex-colonies? What about Greece? You support us?

Edited by Konstantinos

Is it true that Suarez isn't even allowed to train while he's banned?

What's with all the added letter "e" in the German names on the BBC coverage? Mueller, Oezil, Scheurlle?

I noticed it with Bayern MuEnchen. I wonder if its an umlaut thing? The e seems to have appeared after a letter which should have one?