Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

The FIFA World Cup - Brazil 2014

Luis Suarez hopes to play against Germany later on in the tournament, because he'd like to try a shoulder of Lahm.

• Like 3

Luis Suarez hopes to play against Germany later on in the tournament, because he'd like to try a shoulder of Lahm.

Sailing even Klose to the wind. Schürrle he'll get Müllered if he tries it again.

• Like 1

Japan just scores at the last second of first half. 1-1 for both sides. Quite a good match.

Edited by pip22

Suarez - class footie player. But no class as a human being.

I hope he departs the Premier League in the close season. Low life.

• Like 3

Come on Greece! Hold it together now! All this talk of chops and legs of lamb is making me hungry!

Very disappointed to see Italy going home along with England. Both have been bitten by Suarez.

post-1766-0-90632800-1403646262_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Gutted tonight, I thought Bony had done enough to get Ivory Coast through to be honest he would have done, barring their weak defence.

Edited by J10

Well done Greece! :yahoo: Greece have got further than England! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by lassie23

Well done Greece! :yahoo: Greece have got further than England! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Which only reinforces my earlier point I made this morning.

We shall only improve when we get a different manager, have players who play with pride and passion, less interest in money, fast cars and page 3 models!

• Like 1

Which only reinforces my earlier point I made this morning.

We shall only improve when we get a different manager, have players who play with pride and passion, less interest in money, fast cars and page 3 models!

Agree with all the above! Roy thinks he is managing Fulham and when you have ££££££££ in the bank, getting knocked out of a world cup is nothing to get upset about. Do they really care about the fans who have spent thousands to support them?

Who one expected Greece into 16 without Spain, Italy, England and many other European team-countries?

Edited by Konstantinos

My sweepstake teams Costa Rica and Colombia both won their groups, pretty pleased with that :D

Balls of adamantium from Samaras, though it wasn't far away from being saved.

Such are the margins.

England today showed their weaknesses, 3 or 4 bad errors at the back which you cannot do at any level let alone at the WC, Costa Rica are not a good side so we got away with them. Our midfield is actuallt very good and has improved under Roy, but at the business end we have been one of the poorest sides in Brazil a that is why we are coming home. World class forwards don't miss chance after chance or take the wrong options.

I know some of our payers are young but they play in the big boys league and its simply lack of quality. For me England coming bottom of the group failing to win a game not only in the WC but also 2 freindlies is just not good enougn for so called top players.

Wigan athletic would have progressed in our group.

Edited by HighPressure

Time for us to get rid of Suarez, enough is enough.

He has a great season, well behaved, and now hes done this.

Love the guy, but hes a basket case, He shouldn't be playing football with these issues.

Another dramatic day in the World Cup.

The final group d games weren't great. Despite playing a younger side, I think England should disappointed to finish the World Cup with a 0-0 draw against a decent but not great team like Costa Rica. There's some decent material for England to work with but I think there's a culmination if factors that work against them. After what was the poorest I've seen England in a tournament, they will plummet in the world rankings. I believe more English players should play abroad. Costa Rica finishing top is a fantastic achievement and as much as I like seeing the big teams in the knockout rounds, it's always great to see a side like them do well. They are just about to release a movie about italia 90 where they beat Sweden to reach the knockout stages but much of the content of the film focuses on their win against scotland. After what they've done so far and the possibility of a quarter final then I'd imagine another film is due.

I was kind of happy to see Uruguay go through and play in a interesting last 16 game against Colombia but I had a bitter feeling about the Suarez incident. Italy are in a similar position to England where they have players who are past their best - Pirlo and Buffon finishing their international careers today - and some younger players as well.

Going into the World Cup, I was hoping for japan to go through from group c as they are decent team to watch. Greece are a team I admire whilst Ivory Coast have some good players, they aren't a great team, and their golden generation has failed to deliver and is past their best. In the first two games I wasn't too impressed by the Ivory Coast. I thought Greece were unlucky in their opening game and earned a point in their second match after a red card and sine injuries. Today, I expected Ivory Coast to finally qualify for the last 16 but I wouldn't have been surprised if Greece had gone through. The Ivory Coast aren't a great side and have chocked in previous competitions. Greece are very good defensively and although they aren't the most creative and potent going forward, they always stand a chance of a scoring a goal or two to win a game. I remember euro 2012 when nobody gave them a chance after their first couple of games and on the final group game they qualified and knocked out Russia. I though Ivory Coast were very poor tonight and despite a couple of injuries, Greece grew into the game and deservedly took the lead. I was delighted to see greece win the game with samaras' penalty in the last minute. In the past, he got huge criticism for missing a season defining penalty against rangers so I wasn't expecting him to put it away. Greece v Costa Rica will be fascinating last 16 encounter between two underdogs.

Colombia have been pretty impressive despite not being the greatest defensively. They are really good going foward and I think james Rodriguez has been the best player of the World Cup so far. It was a nice touch to see their goalkeeper become the oldest ever World Cup goalkeeper at 43. Uruguay v Colombia will be a fascinating match and I fancy Colombia to go through.

• Like 1

Regarding the England squad i often wonder why the FA don't show initiative. Instead of bringing individuals who each play different formations in different teams ect.. why not target 20 young teenagers who look talented themselves (rather than the clubs). You then send the strikers to learn flair in South America and play a certain way, you send your defenders to Italy to learn to play a certain way and your midfielders to Spain ect.. and then you play more friendly's. That way, you as a country have a bigger say in how the players play for their teams and you can create a squad which gels well. 

Regarding the England squad i often wonder why the FA don't show initiative. Instead of bringing individuals who each play different formations in different teams ect.. why not target 20 young teenagers who look talented themselves (rather than the clubs). You then send the strikers to learn flair in South America and play a certain way, you send your defenders to Italy to learn to play a certain way and your midfielders to Spain ect.. and then you play more friendly's. That way, you as a country have a bigger say in how the players play for their teams and you can create a squad which gels well. 

Because it is not the army..players are individuals you cant tell them where to play or for who or in what country.

Suarez is facing a ban of up-to 24 games if found guilty of biting for a 3rd time FIFA's disciplinary code sets a maximum ban of 24 matches or two years

Suarez faces a lengthy ban! so in his spare time he may fancy him self in a blockbuster

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

I really feel that everyone is making too much of a meal over this.

• Like 3