Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

The FIFA World Cup - Brazil 2014

Messi Messi the only thing he's done.

How can you stop that. Fantastic goal

Oh great, now all we'll hear about is Messi. Yawn...Good goal though.

Well If Argies meet Germany one man will mark him all the time.

Whistle referee its finished!!!

When England play crap why can't they win.

When England play crap why can't they win.

They don't have a world class player like Messi! He's done sod all for 90 minutes and then comes up with that. Feel gutted for Iran.

For Iran they need to win Bosnia or draw if Nigeria loses to Argentina match to get through to knockout stages.

Edited by pip22

Germany VS Ghana match is gonna be interesting. :)

Edited by pip22

Nigeria are pretty awful as well. Again shot be a walk over by the Argies but as today shows they aren't that good.

Oh great, now all we'll hear about is Messi. Yawn...Good goal though.

Rather hear about  Messi than Rooney!

Nigeria are pretty awful as well. Again shot be a walk over by the Argies but as today shows they aren't that good.

Nope, they'll be knocked out against decent opposition. Germany/Netherlands/France are my favourites to win it so far.

Brazil v Chile, Colombia v Italy, France v Bosnia-Herzegovina, Germany v Russia, Netherlands v Croatia, Costa Rica v Ivory Coast, Argentina v Switzerland, Belgium v USA

Brazil v Colombia, France v Germany, Netherlands v Ivory Coast, Argentina v Belgium

Brazil v Germany, Netherlands v Argentina

Brazil v Argentina final.

Brazil v Chile, Colombia v Italy, France v Bosnia-Herzegovina, Germany v Russia, Netherlands v Croatia, Costa Rica v Ivory Coast, Argentina v Switzerland, Belgium v USA

Brazil v Colombia, France v Germany, Netherlands v Ivory Coast, Argentina v Belgium

Brazil v Germany, Netherlands v Argentina

Brazil v Argentina final.

From what we've seen so far, I can only see European victories. Argentina were absolutely dreadful today, and were lucky to get the win.

From what we've seen so far, I can only see European victories. Argentina were absolutely dreadful today, and were lucky to get the win.

Never happened yet on American soil. Time the Euro sides broke the duck.

Why on earth would you lower the quality of the Premier League by reducing the number of foreigners. 

What British youngsters need to do is stop playing in the Championship and go play in the European leagues. Most Spanish and Italian youngsters would think nothing of doing so, so should Brits. You play in the best league you possibly can for the best team you can (more publicity).

I don't really understand this post? What leagues are we talking about, the Spanish, Italian or German and what makes you think our championship boys can get in there? All of the European leagues below top level are inferior to teams in the English structure of equivalent level.

The problem itself doesn't lie with foreign players in our premiership, it goes right back down to the grass roots of football not just in England but Scotland and Wales too. Despite the huge funds invested in the premiership the overwhelming majority doesn't find its way back down the line into the lower reaches of the game.

The premiership has lifted itself away from any duty towards the rest of the game in England.

A very spirited performance by Iran. I started off being a bit neutral (mostly because I thought Argentina would walk it) but was very much wanting Iran to hold on for a draw / score a winner, as the game progressed. So much for watching these games as a disinterested spectator... :doh:

In terms of who I don't want to win the tournament, here is my top four. :)  :p

1. Argentina (sick of the Malvinas rubbish)

2. Italy (I've always hated their style)

3. France (no explanation needed, but Platini will do, if one is required)

4. Portugal (the winker plays for them)

A very spirited performance by Iran. I started off being a bit neutral (mostly because I thought Argentina would walk it) but was very much wanting Iran to hold on for a draw / score a winner, as the game progressed. So much for watching these games as a disinterested spectator... :doh:

In terms of who I don't want to win the tournament, here is my top four. :)  :p

1. Argentina (sick of the Malvinas rubbish)

2. Italy (I've always hated their style)

3. France (no explanation needed, but Platini will do, if one is required)

4. Portugal (the winker plays for them)

Can't argue with any of that! I don't really have the widely held hatred towards the Germans. It's not a mutual rivalry really, they see their rivals as the Netherlands.

I'd like to stick Uruguay in there too, only because of he who must not be named.

• Like 1

They can only beat what's in front of them, no matter how they do it. Germany look good but you can imagine Brazil in the semis, and the Dutch always have looked dodgy at the back.

USA I do not want to win, they are good enough at most things, do not want them winning at football as well!

No chance of that happening just yet! They have to stop calling it soccer, then they can be allowed to win the World Cup! :laugh::p

Edited by lassie23

In order of who I want to win:

1. Colombia - drug lords, communists and the best fans in the competition. And Juan Cuadrado.2. France - love the team and the country as a whole3. Italy - another nice country

4. Argentina - Messi needs the WC to be the best ever, and also this Malvinas stuff really does anger the Little Englanders

5. Germany - really good to watch, Joachim Loew deserves something

6. Netherlands - young side

7. USA - love the support and 70s NASL

8. Uruguay - Suarez is fun

Edited by Isolated Frost
  • Like 1

In order of who I want to win:1. France - love the team and the country as a whole2. Italy - another nice country

3. Argentina - Messi needs the WC to be the best ever, and also this Malvinas stuff really does anger the Little Englanders

4. Germany - really good to watch, Joachim Loew deserves something

5. Netherlands - young side

6. USA - love the support and 70s NASL

7. Uruguay - Suarez is fun

France - I don't really have much against France to be honest come to think of it.

Italy - That's twice in as many years they've done us over now!

Argentina - All their nonsense about the Falklands is hilarious

Germany - No issues with them, would have no hard feelings if they won.

Netherlands - Another side I have nothing against, they are well overdue a World Cup win at last

USA - A good World Cup run might see the Americans embrace football a little more

Uruguay - I don't see biting others as fun but each to their own! And what happened against Ghana 4 years ago is still fresh in the memory, shameful.

• Like 1

France - I don't really have much against France to be honest come to think of it.

Italy - That's twice in as many years they've done us over now!

Argentina - All their nonsense about the Falklands is hilarious

Germany - No issues with them, would have no hard feelings if they won.

Netherlands - Another side I have nothing against, they are well overdue a World Cup win at last

USA - A good World Cup run might see the Americans embrace football a little more

Uruguay - I don't see biting others as fun but each to their own! And what happened against Ghana 4 years ago is still fresh in the memory, shameful.

With Suarez, it's the way he is so good and so controversial, and how the English media have attacked him so much (rightfully or wrongfully) and how he has shown them exactly where to go;

and with Argentina, I find the whole debacle from both sides so meaningless in the 21st century, it's madness

• Like 1