Regional threads - changes for summer?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

I think the idea of having -

1) Scotland as one regional thread

2) Wales as one regional thread

3) Ireland as one regional thread

However with England it would have to be divided into two sectors as England covers a much more vast area then the other 3 i have just stated.

Just a suggestion on how it could be split.

4) England Regional thread

a) Sub Regional regions (shown below, several ideas on regional split)

b) West Country, South West, South East, Home Counties, and East Anglia

c) West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire, North East, North west.

The image shows just an idea of how the regions could be seperated.

Posted Image

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think the idea of having -

1) Scotland as one regional thread

2) Wales as one regional thread

3) Ireland as one regional thread

However with England is would have to be divided into to sectors as England covers a much more vast area then the other 3 i have just stated.

Just a suggestion on how it could be split.

4) England Regional thread

a) Sub Regional regions (shown below, several ideas on regional split)

b) West Country, South West, South East, Home Counties, and East Anglia

c) West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire, North East, North west.

The image shows just an idea of how the regions can be seperated.

Posted Image

One of the issues there is that the Wales thread has been pretty much deserted recently. I don't think there's an ideal solution here unfortunately!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Yeh :) , was an idea as to possible divide the regions, but like you said there seems to be no solutions at present

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

One of the issues there is that the Wales thread has been pretty much deserted recently. I don't think there's an ideal solution here unfortunately!

a 10 megaton device dropped on Pen-y-Fan?.....would solve a lot of problems

just joking my welsh friends......in the past, we've amalgamated smaller regions in the summer months.....so how about Scotland, Northern England, Wales & the Midlands, Southern England, and a Rest of the World region?..this split might take into account balancing the proportion of members per region?....just a thought

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

a 10 megaton device dropped on Pen-y-Fan?.....would solve a lot of problems

just joking my welsh friends......in the past, we've amalgamated smaller regions in the summer months.....so how about Scotland, Northern England, Wales & the Midlands, Southern England, and a Rest of the World region?..this split might take into account balancing the proportion of members per region?....just a thought

Probably the best idea, I do see both sides of the coin, being from the south east which generally holds the most active region on here, it would be a shame to lose that thread for several months as there is definitely a community spirit which I for one like. I think the compromise will keep most happy and give people from nearby regions the chance to interact with other people who were previously in other regional threads.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Not sure posts should be deleted but a note left in its place at the very least to explain why.

• Like 2

Posted

Not sure posts should be deleted but a note left in its place at the very least to explain why.

This isnt the right topic for that tbh - but for what it's worth we pm people whenver possible when posts are removed to explain the reason why. We did try leaving notes on them a while back, but they often lead to responses within the thread which kind of defeats the purpose if we're trying to keep things on topic. 

• Like 3

Posted

Ok, so getting back to options here. 

Clearly removing the regionals entirely is off the table now..

So it's a case of whether we can merge regions to help out the quieter regions etc, and how best to do that if so. Sound fair?

• Like 3

Posted

Ok, so getting back to options here.  Clearly removing the regionals entirely is off the table now.. So it's a case of whether we can merge regions to help out the quieter regions etc, and how best to do that if so. Sound fair?

Happy with that. It sort of reminds me of when the Big Brother house starts as two and then merges to one, everyone getting to know each other and interact in a new way:)

Posted

Ok, so getting back to options here. Clearly removing the regionals entirely is off the table now..So it's a case of whether we can merge regions to help out the quieter regions etc, and how best to do that if so. Sound fair?

I'm thinking three regions: IrelandScotland and some of the more northern regions of England(up for debate which you include and which you don't)Then the last region compromising from the cut off point of the last thread downwards, including Wales (as it appears that is rather a dead thread!!).Just a suggestion, but ultimately it's up to you guys :) Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Ok, so getting back to options here. 

Clearly removing the regionals entirely is off the table now..

So it's a case of whether we can merge regions to help out the quieter regions etc, and how best to do that if so. Sound fair?

The best way is probably larger regional when its quieter then reopen the current ones for busier times like winter

Maybe you could place some ideas into a poll for everyone to vote on for say a week? bigger regional's for quieter times is probably the way forward its just how to implement it best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The best way is probably larger regional when its quieter then reopen the current ones for busier times like winter

Maybe you could place some ideas into a poll for everyone to vote on for say a week? bigger regional's for quieter times is probably the way forward its just how to implement it best

again, we need to stress, that the closure or amalgamation of the regional threads is only for the 'off peak' time of the year, they all will reopen in the winter, this has been done before, and it's worked

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'll go with the majority, but a vote on how the regions could be divided up might be a good idea.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I don't mind merged regions, I think Cyclonic (map) had the right idea. We all have a look in to each other's R' threads from time to time,

especially when the incoming weather is on it's way through that region.

So regarding Wales, beings most of our weather here in the Midlands is from the west, merge Wales with the Midlands and northern England IMO.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Phew / thank God you have nothing better to do ! 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

That sounds a good idea Dancer.. Certainly makes sense from a weather perspective.

• Like 1

Posted

That sounds a good idea Dancer.. Certainly makes sense from a weather perspective.

Don't worry i'll still be posting to myself half of the time..lol!! :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

How about something like:

Scotland, the far North of England.

Rest of Northern England (to include Lincs and Yorks)

Wales and The Midlands 

Southern England + East Anglia

Ireland

Obviously larger regions across the board, so less relevance in some discussions but an opportunity to mix it up a bit more, particularly in merging some of the quieter regions in with others + we can still open the smaller regions as and when weather events are due + once we're back into winter.

• Like 7

Posted

Yep, I would be happy with that to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Wales and The Midlands 

Ireland

Obviously larger regions across the board, so less relevance in some discussions but an opportunity to mix it up a bit more, particularly in merging some of the quieter regions in with others + we can still open the smaller regions as and when weather events are due + once we're back into winter.

Good one Paul, What about  Wales and the South West of England :cc_confused:

• Like 3

Posted

It's worth a trial period, Anybody know any Welsh....'Mae hi'n bwrw glaw' Means, 'it's raining' :friends: Why not ! :good:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I will point out we were the busiest thread already :)

Wales and The Midlands 

Ireland

I know there was fuss previously in relation to the Walsh thread.

My suggestion is for Wales, SW England and the Midlands, Wales has a lot in common with the weather in SW England. 

With Central Southern England and SE England tied in with East Anglia.

• Like 2