Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

im quite excited about this winter as im moving house soon. il be further north, further out in the country and higher up. my new house is 120mts asl. so i should deffo do a little better than usual esp in those marginal setups. it will be at least 0.5c colder where im going which could make all the difference!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just moved (likely temporarily) to Cashel, so a slightly better snow potential than where I have been. Hopefully the Atlantic cold pool can regather itself for winter.

Just thinking back to the stormy winter of 2013/2014, and all the heavy cold rain/sleet that fell then. How much could have been snow if the Atlantic had been a few degrees cooler?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A very mild night ,current temp 14.0c. Was raining a bit earlier on seems to have cleared now.

Posted

Happy all hallows eve. Another very mild one,thats 3 out of 5 yrs. 2011, 2014 and now 2015,halloween has lost that autumnal feeling lately. Overcast here until early afternoon,now it is mostly clear and sunny. Current temp 15.5c ,got up to 15.9 a while ago. Last night low 13.7c.

There is a decent chance of some fog tonight which should make it feel more seaonal if it happens.

post-6445-0-90604900-1446301190_thumb.jp

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted

It was 17 degrees today, beautifully unseasonal! Plenty for the fire brigades to do tonight with no rain!!!

Posted

A lovely halloween night it must be said,it was perfect for the trick or treaters. Temp now a more normal for the time of year for the time of night 8.8c under clear skies with some mist about.

Posted

Yup, didn't feel like November at all during the daylight hours, but feels very much like winter now with a thick fog around. Beautiful day!

Posted

Started off dull and foggy this morning,clear skies by the afternoon,max temp 14.5c.

Temp fell back quickley to 9.3c this evening before the inevitable mist and fog returned though more just mist really atm ,temp currently 10.6c.

Yes gfs showing a pattern change to much colder weather around mid month which is leading to some excitment. Although way too far out i would not be surprised if we did get some type of cold snap or spell later this month. Not unknown for very mild weather to be followed by very cold weather so who knows.

• Like 1

Posted

Does the Irish Met produce seasonal forecasts? I cannot seem to find one.

I don't think they do, but I wouldn't be certain.

• Like 1

Posted

Miserable day so far overcast with rain,temp 13.1c.

As much as I like autumn I have to admit that nov can be a bit of a depressing month ,often mild and dull. Really hope there will be a change in the second half of this month.

• Like 1

Posted

Does the Irish Met produce seasonal forecasts? I cannot seem to find one.

I'm told they stick to the old regime that they will only forecast up to 10 days in advance... But my source is not that good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I really need to increase the height of my weather station it's far too sheltered in its current position I only got a highest gust today of 22 mph. It's round the back of my house and it's good temp and rain but very sheltered from wind. Aw it'll be grand as long as it snows soon lol.

Posted

We might not have a single dry day this week. Making up for the nice start to the month I guess.

Kinda strange that we're this far into Autumn, yet my coldest max was set back in mid September!

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted

15.4C at 10pm nearing mid November here... 17C at Oak Park and Phoenix Park according to Met Eireann. Ridiculous really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I know I was looki g at the temp at 7 as I was leaving for work and I couldn't belive it I though it was wrong.

Posted

Overnight minimum here of 14.3C. That would be a warm night in July, never mind November!