Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Muggy-Shmuggy! GIve me cloudless skies this time of year, warm days, and cool nights!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Minimum of 13.6C overnight, mildest of the year so far, and currently blue skies and 19.6C, despite a strong breeze. Tis going to be a warm one.

Posted

Topped out at 22.0C, still 20.6C but dropping steadily. Very warm feeling, and a bit strange given the gusty wind out there.

Hay fever has been awful too, I usually get it a little each summer but recent days, especially yesterday, was the worst it's ever been for me.

Posted

Stunning day today. Just stunning. 20.2 degrees so far, feels a lot more...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Perfect summers day today here. Starting off coolish, last nights low of 7.1c and then warming up to a pleasent max of 21.5c.

Posted

A pretty good summer so far, not particularly warm going by the mean temperature, but feeling warm at time due to all the sunshine.

In contrast, it's currently cloudy and misty/drizzly at the moment, after a low overnight of 10.1C.

Posted

Over 1.5mm rain fell last night! That's badly needed and at least it fell when we were all in bed. Some nice weather to look forward to also. Decent summer so far!

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

NI weather suggesting high risk of thunderstorms for Eastern NI later, however I am dubious. High convective inhibition suggests anything will be isolated and may just be a heavy shower at most.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I came on here to see if anyone was reporting from Kerry.  Looks wet there this evening....not an unusual occurrence by any means, but a little heavier and unusual to get the moisure from that direction maybe?

Hoping the Kingdom wins well on sunday!  Ciarraí Abú

Posted

Very heavy rain here for the last 10 mins or so, chance of some storms this evening too. Otherwise another warm and quite sunny day.

Posted

Is that 0.6C or 6C Pom?

Got 15.6C max and 8.5C min yesterday, while the max and min so far today are 17.3C and 7.2C, so 3-4C below average.

Posted

It's been an awful Summer so far bar a few days and the prolonged outlook remains appalling with low after Atlantic low pushing in on a Southerly jet.

Anyone off on holiday in Ireland over the next few weeks is going to be depressed.

Northern Ireland hasn't experienced a summer this year, unpredictable and unseasonably temperatures have been lower than the average.

Derry had only five days in the whole year where temperatures reached over 20C.

Sad that when people think of global warming they think of heatwaves and droughts, its the opposite for N. Ireland this year, sadly.

Edited by Guest

Posted

Made the mistake of going to Delahunt park for a picnic today. Weather said light showers but has rained all afternoon.

Dreadful Summer.

Posted

I'd say it's been a pretty good summer here, apart from the last 10 days. June was very sunny and dry with daytime temps around average, and the start of this month was quite good. If things change soon and we get a decent August I'd rate this as a nice summer.

However, I'd expect some very cool minima in August if we get some high pressure, given the very cool SSTs around.

Posted

Could there be some flooding tonight? Torrential rain here already and the weather radar looks bad.

The Met Eireann page mentioned flooding earlier. Quite nice here most of the day though, just light rain and a bit breezy in the last 2 hours.

Posted

Hows it going folks. Just in for the usual flying visit. Dreadful summer so far, hopefully picks up by months end as we are off for a weeks camping. I built a decking out my back to use over the summer. Haven't got as far as lighting the BBQ yet so hopefully things heat up soon. In the next 10 days there is a bit of a high building but will draw winds in from the north which is a bit doom and gloom. We can always live in hope and count on the usual September Indian summer when the kids are back at school.

• Like 1

Posted

Could there be some flooding tonight? Torrential rain here already and the weather radar looks bad.

Spent 10 days (2nd to 12th) in a caravan up your neck of the woods overlooking Carlingford lough, and bar about 2 days, the weather was brilliant. The kids even got sunburned a couple of days.... She still won't let me forget it!!!

Our vantage point did seem to show us in a sun trap of sorts, as all around us appeared to be in a shroud of dark dark cloud with high tops!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Enjoy the drier days today and tomorrow, Sunday looks very Autumnal. Heavy rain and strong winds.

No real sign of any warm settled spell at all.