Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Could be an interesting night. Looking at radar there appears to be very heavy organised bands of showers heading our way. we've got a fresh covering here at the min and looks to be no respite. Doesn't feel overly cold outside but the slushy snow has froze over on the car in last hour. The roads will be serious in the morning!

Well after watching newsline weather Iave a little faith in much snow at all this weekend. Have no idea why met office have weather warnings for snow out. ! Looks like the showers are completely few and very far between if at all. Maybe met know something we don't

• Like 3

Posted

unreal snow shower here now. starting to lay too. was rain/sleet an hour ago. could be an interesting night! serious wind during shower too.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

woke to my mobile being battered by the wind with a blizzard for good measure . Sun back out and a return to green fields already :)

Posted

Major downgrade re Monday night.

Pretty uninspired by the weather this week. It's been a load of crap to be honest and no real snow to talk about. In saying that, some areas have done really well. Sparky with regards to Monday I'm still hopeful. It's only one run but if the downgrade still there tomorrow morning then i'll believe it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Hi folks,just had my winter fix today up Wicklow mountains 500m asl with my daughter.some pictures attached

post-17445-0-17842300-1422703527_thumb.j

post-17445-0-92466600-1422703549_thumb.j

post-17445-0-28619000-1422703616_thumb.j

post-17445-0-71225600-1422703670_thumb.j

• Like 8

Posted

Have to agree ronan. It's been utterly rubbish apart from maybe weds. Can't see much snow at all this week in this supposed arctic outbreak. As for the met office warnings for this weekend they are pretty of the mark by the looks of it. I see today's has been removed. Unless it's been updated, but I don't see snow amounting to much at all this week. Mainly dry and cold. Crap for winter really. U can be sure when it eventually gets mild again there will be a tonne of precipitation. Just the climate we live in I'm afraid. Very hard to get proper snow of late

• Like 3

Posted

Snow warning lifted for today. I haven't bothered checking Mon night I see it has been downgraded. I expected lying snow for a couple of days out of this but it has been utterly useless. Missed out on the snow earlier this week bar a Slushy hail/snow dusting. Rant over

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah just crap to be honest. Majority of winter been downgrade after downgrade nearer the time. We should all move to america I think. Ha ha. Don't expect nothing from mon night now. Looks like east of England going to get majority of snow. Very poor indeed.

• Like 1

Posted

Just to add met eireann forecast a few days ago indicated not much snow and mainly dry over the weekend for Much of ireland. They have been spot on! Hopefully they are right ref mon but I Think they will have to change that soon.

Posted

your spit on ronan. Met office updated warnings including today again! I just can't see snow from this but they are the experts! Have to wait and see I guess. They say showers will form so prob a now casting situation. I think I need a drink before footie

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah. They modified tomorrow's warning. It kicks in at 3pm. They also issued one for Tuesday. I won't hold my breath

On a side note I just saw our mate Bara Best tweeted the met office asking did they remove today's warning ha.

• Like 2

Posted

Met Eireann give snow showers for Ulster tonight but no warning as of yet. In their regional fc they mention snow showers will become more isolated from tomorrow afternoon which is when the met office snow warning kicks in. You couldn't make it up ha

• Like 2

Posted

Met Eireann Have now issued a snow warning for Donegal this evening. They don't include NI in their warnings so I imagine the NW of NI would be included in it. 1-3cm

And the met office have reinstated their snow warning for today. I can't keep up

Edited by -Bomber-