Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

I have taken the wording from their website!!! It's on the status yellow warning. Their 'bland' forecast was made for the day, and as the day is throwing everything at us, it covered that! 

They also have access to more charts than the public do, therefor more knowledge.

Sorry if I rant on, but Met Eireann are a thoroughly professional forecasting organisation, one of the finest around, and I feel they deserve a little bit more respect than some of the comments made earlier. 

PS, I have absolutely have no affiliation in any capacity to Met. Just a huge respect.

• Like 1

Posted

The amber warning a bit over the top, just drove from Belfast to north coast past antrim, ballymena, Ballymoney no where any more than a few centimetres. Possibly a bit more overnight but I can't see any major disruption.

• Like 1

Don't often post but have to agree with Rochey here. Much more often than not Met Eireann get it right. Their presenters can be quirky to say the least but the info they present is usually spot on. Over the years I have come to regard their forecasting as highly as the MetO. I often don't like what they are saying but it usually happens....!

• Like 3

Posted

Seen a few pics there of Letterkenny and seems to be a couple of Inches of lying snow. I feel most of us will wake up to a covering but nowhere near the 5-10cms forecast. I may be proved wrong though.

Edited by ronan
  • Like 1

Posted

Covering of mostly hail has remained on the grass since this morning and has gradually increased in depth throughout the evening. It has snowed but always at the end of showers for a couple of minutes at most. Slushy deposits on pavements. The showers are too fast moving to have any real impact and are hail 80% of the time.

I expected this evening to deliver more but trend has continued. Unless it changes I won't be expecting much come morning. Not far from the Tyrone border in Donegal btw

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

roaring fire , and at most 1cm of wet snow melting away ..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Nothing here... yet. More showers on the radar, but at 2.0C, I'm not too hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Seems those milder 850hPa temps ended up covering most of the country last night.

MtTkPmH.png

• Like 1

Posted

I would say I have 5cm here. amber warning probably notwarranted.

CCan't complain though.

Woke up to something similar here MS, place looks lovely. Was expecting a bit more though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Wow we got pasted overnight(at least 12cm) wasn't expecting that at all as the showers appeared to be heading north and south of us. Will stick up some pics when it get brighter.

• Like 1

Posted

we got pasted here all nite. 3 or 4 inches and its chuckin it down now. heaviest shower ive seen in years. whiteout.

• Like 2