Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

A stunning clear, and very chilly day, with beautiful blue unblemished skies! It says 5.9 deg on the weather station… But it feels a lot less.

Posted

It certainly could, but accumulations will be small enough. I'm north Dublin and we had a nice dusting this morning.

Posted

great snowcover there pom. can just see slieve gallion peeking through in the distance of the last pic! the hilly areas to the south of monaghan town have a similar altitude at you but have lost half their snowcover.

• Like 1

Posted

Ulster again looks favourite for snow. Further south the frontal gradient will dissipate, meaning precipitation will fizzle out later in the evening. With that little low pressure centre forming to the south, it will probably mean an easterly marine layer along the east coast, so a real battle of physics at play to decide what Dublin gets. Very little, I would say.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Ulster again looks favourite for snow. Further south the frontal gradient will dissipate, meaning precipitation will fizzle out later in the evening. With that little low pressure centre forming to the south, it will probably mean an easterly marine layer along the east coast, so a real battle of physics at play to decide what Dublin gets. Very little, I would say.

I'm not too optimistic for Dublin, the irish sea will probably exert its influence and give us rain or sleet tomorrow night, but fingers crossed

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A dry bright day here but with some cloud about at times ,max temp 4.8c.

Currently clear,the temp has yo - yoed a bit the last few hrs due to some cloud cover at times,hope it stays clear now,current temp -0.5c.

As for tomorrow nights precip im sure i will probably end up disappionted but i live in hope.

Posted

-4.9 °C at Mullingar this morning. -4.7 at Casement and -4.6 at Thomastown. No sign of the -11 °C in the synops at least.

The 00Z Hirlam has slightly increased the coverage of snow by midnight tonight but this is as far east as it takes it before it fizzles out and becomes more confined to NE Ulster. By morning it's rain all the way.

post-18939-0-71310200-1421649932_thumb.p

Edited by Su Campu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

equally the second coldest night of the winter here, -5.1c at 06:00hrs. recorded -5.1c on the 28th december 2014. severe hard frost out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Severe frost here this morning,lowest min was -4.2c ,my coldest night ive recorded so far this winter and coldest jan night since jan 2011.

Current temp -3.3c.

MetO have weather warning for NI for snow and ice for tonight and into tomorrow.

Yes, but it was last updated yesterday. Don't be surprised to see it removed later (maybe stay in place for the west of NI as the BBC forecast this morning was showing rain for eastern parts).

• Like 1