Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Might want to change your name to Hurricaneforce 12 next week is that storm comes off!

LOL. if we survive it!!

Posted

That's looks nasty for next Thursday. Am I right in saying that a cold north westerly/northerly would follow that?

Yes, there would be colder air on North West flank of any low passing to the North, however, given the long sea track, low level snow is unlikely to feature much.

• Like 1

Posted

There's plenty to be excited about. Think people are just a wee bit reluctant given the let downs we have had in the past. Until there is actual snow flying past my lamppost then I'll get excited which could be tomorrow at some stage.

• Like 2

Posted

Tuesday looks more promising at the moment but I'd say all of us will see a covering before the of the week :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hey Guys. New to the forum here. Based just down the road from Pomeroysnow in Loughmacrory.

Looks like we're in for some hefty snow showers all day and night tomorrow. According to the BBC forecast we are due heavy snowfall from Monday evening right through Tuesday. Hope it comes to fruition.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Mildest day today that ive recorded since Halloween. Max temp 14.0c.

A rotten mild wet windy miserable day. Dont feel too good today either,have a bit of a bug atm,the rotten weather not helping my mood.

• Like 2

Posted

Really blowing a gale here tonight. The storm for next week has all but gone from this evenings ECM. Didn't expect that.

Posted

welcome sperrin. good to see another tyrone poster on here! your location should deffo see some lying snow in the next few days. think saturday nite could be good with temps of -1c and snow showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Cheers lads. Pomeroy,I am actually an Omagh blow in, So wouldn't have crossed swords with you on the football field in the Lough! Out of interest, what asl height would Loughmacrory be situated? From your 600ft level I would guess 100-150 metres?

• Like 1

Posted

Cheers lads. Pomeroy,I am actually an Omagh blow in, So wouldn't have crossed swords with you on the football field in the Lough! Out of interest, what asl height would Loughmacrory be situated? From your 600ft level I would guess 100-150 metres?

Welcome Sperrin.

You'll get your exact ASL by looking at google maps for your location!

• Like 1

Posted

i reckon loughmacrory is just as high if not higher than pomeroy. worth checking!

• Like 1

Posted

loughmacrory chapel sits at 571ft asl, to the northeast is loughmacrory hill at 911ft asl.

• Like 1