Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Looking at the forecast I immagine that they'll be more to come.Tremendous storm here before it came light but nothing, apart from a bit of rain since.

The Beeb charts showed us getting it from 5am onwards. Can't believe I slept so deep. It has rained and the sky is just grey at the mo, 18.8c with 77% humidity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Latest radar shows a lot more heading north but most of the activity to be to the eastern side of the Pennines.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Raining here !!! Will do my plants the world of good !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Rain here very stable overhead, no thunder last night and no chance today. Fresh feeling outside

Posted

Was woke approximately 3.30 this morning by some flashes that lit up my room followed by a couple of crashes of thunder.

Posted

Feels a little fresher today but still warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well i missed the lot!! My partner does the nightshift with our little one and hes just said wow, what a lightening show that was in the middle kf night, about 3.30am, lightening ever 5 seconds it was, he said there was no thunder though as it was in the distance, it was 23 degrees outside and then it chucked it down raining.

I missed it all even though i was up at 2.30 am fir the loo lol

Posted

The Met O warnings sounded quite worrying yesterday for here, with an inch or more in a couple of hours around dawn - but still practically dry.That's twice recently they have predicted damaging rain and there has been nothing at all.

Posted

Looking at the forecast I immagine that they'll be more to come.

Tremendous storm here before it came light but nothing, apart from a bit of rain since.

It was quite amazing - not often I'm agreeable to being woken at 3:30am! but last night was quite spectacular.  Looking at the radar at that time, some of us were very lucky that it proved to be a direct hit for west pennine areas... (it felt like one of the thunderbolts almost landed outside the house but I can't see any signs of damage)...

Posted Image

There's a thin sliver of activity moving up south of the midlands now, worth keeping an eye on. :)

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do have to comment on how horrible the weather is today, wet, dark and cool, in the breeze it actually feels Autumnal, and I never thought I'd be saying that this weekend. Just hope it brightens up today, I'd rather at least get some sun, if the cooler airmass is going to move in tomorrow. 

For here, our best shot at storms are usually in the winter, when the sea and land temperatures are quite variable, we rarely get much good in the summer. 

Roll on December (for storm activity)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Warm humid and wet in Darlington though no thunder

Currently 19.1c with light rain though it appears to be coming to and end now only lasted around 2 hours

Humidity is 89%

Edited by Summer Sun

I can't speak for everyone, but I do have to comment on how horrible the weather is today, wet, dark and cool, in the breeze it actually feels Autumnal, and I never thought I'd be saying that this weekend. Just hope it brightens up today, I'd rather at least get some sun, if the cooler airmass is going to move in tomorrow. 

For here, our best shot at storms are usually in the winter, when the sea and land temperatures are quite variable, we rarely get much good in the summer. 

Roll on December (for storm activity)!

Not the nicest summery day certainly, but don't quite think it feels Autumnal with dew points of 18-19°C, it's almost sub-tropical, and for July in the NW the temperatures are about normal, actually not a cool day for this month at all.

• Like 1

Posted

Not the nicest summery day certainly, but don't quite think it feels Autumnal with dew points of 18-19°C, it's almost sub-tropical, and for July in the NW the temperatures are about normal, actually not a cool day for this month at all.

dewpoint here is roughly 14C, humidity 71%, dry and cloudy now, doesn't feel too humid. 

definitely a cool element to the breeze, which I suspect maybe off the sea (hence the lack of CAPE around my area this afternoon)

However it is warming up past 20C now.

Should feel more pleasant my mid-afternoon.

I actually have to say, the GFS has been very accurate with this. 

Edited by SP1986

14°C strange, the lowest in the area with Irish Sea influence are Crosby recording 18C, Woodvale Ronaldsway and Valley with 17C.

Anyway, the GFS forecast was good, certainly stressed the cloud and rain more than the Met's tale of hit and miss showers.

Posted

A more notable breeze had kicked in now, along with a rapidly falling temperature. I think the reason for the drier air is topographical, we nearly always record lower dewpoints here than elsewere locally, also we are high up on a plateau with steep hill side going down, I suspect this might also have a little to do with it.

Whichever way you look at it though, it's back down to 18.9C even with no rainfall. 

Posted

Midlands looks to be a sweet spot for the next few hours http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12 - although it's tracking north it will probably not be as potent by the time it reaches the North West localities. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Are we to expect anything else in the NW?

• Like 1

Posted

Brightening up here the sun might just about be getting his hat on

Are we to expect anything else in the NW?

well Jan its the northwest so probably no lol

Posted

Just in case Leeds is included in this thread, it has rained more or less all day here so far, and I do believe the sun is now trying to come out. Typically it does this at the end of the day.

The max temp here: 20.3C

Posted

Lightning detected as far north as Derby and Nottingham now ahead of the main cluster which is still having fun in the midlands.  If anything the main area could be heading for the Peak District - the main event may slip to my east.... but as we know one man's pain, is another one's gain.  Still very active though, no sign of weakening.  Sun's out, temps on the rise, feels clammy.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

I was out before, and there was for 10 minutes a rapid destabilizing process going on.. the cloud became very ragged, and moved away to the northwest.. behind that it is notably stable, so game over for those west of Warrington I think.

Gone much cooler now to boot.

Posted

The cluster in the midlands promptly got a march on and I suppose I was clipped a glancing blow on it's western flank with two lightning strikes and grumbles of thunder.  The main event was over the peak district though.  Might be it for now...Sunday should be a quieter and hopefully dryer day!