Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

My thoughts for the coming week are that it will be fairly wet, and while at first, pretty unpleasant, it may turn out to be more comfortable later, despite rainfall. 

As the real plume looks set to miss most of our regional area, we won't get the steaming, humid weather, but I feel we are on for some genuine British summery weather, that's temperatures in the high teens, and enough humidity to keep it comfortable enough for a t-shirt. Hopefully along the way we can pick a few thunderstorms up too, although these look like being reserved for the east and southeast. 

So a typical British summer outlook on the way - excellent if you ask me, given what the models were showing a few days ago.

Hopefully there won't be any last minute changes or corrections eastward to scupper the entire prospect for our region, but looking decent certainly around the weekend.

At this time of year for me a really nice day is a temperature of 19-21C with a dewpoint of 12-14C, and sunshine, broken by the odd late afternoon shower.

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted

Sudden heavy rain...........  As always it hammers it down when I decide to go to the shop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Dry here at the moment, lots of scattered cloud but the sun is breaking through occasionally, currently 14.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Another dull day here with a few spots of rain

Posted

Another dull day here with a few spots of rain

Arr 'ey was just building myself up to go out and cut the lawn, popped my head out no rain here yet...............must dash

• Like 1

Posted

The fastest lawn mowerer in the North West.....................rain just starting here, currently 15.2c, overcast and clouds getting darker. At least my grass is short now and wont need doing for a while in anticipation of the worst hailstorms, tornadoes and monsoons that are predicted in the next few days :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

Been shopping, stocked up on emergency supplies, couldn't get a snow shovel anywhere :unknw: ................do you think I should at least put tape on my windows in case they get blown in

• Like 1

Been shopping, stocked up on emergency supplies, couldn't get a snow shovel anywhere :unknw: ................do you think I should at least put tape on my windows in case they get blown in

no I don't think that will help , an ef5 (got one booked for Saturday ) will destroy steel and concrete reinforced structures, so a bottle of gin and a bible would be your best bet !!!.....
  • Like 1

Posted

What time do you have this f5 booked for? might need to put my washing out on Saturday it would be good drying weather.

Currently 14c here, breezy overcast and dry

• Like 1

Posted

Only grapefruit sized, :nonono: tsk. This Armageddon weather is likely to cause toys out of prams and dummy's all over the place if it doesn't happen, a lot of posting going on............. will it, wont it, not by your house but it will by my house, there will be tears before bedtime I tell you

Posted

Chilli but bright and sunny start here this morning, currently 8.9c. According to my local BBC weather there is only a risk of thunder storms here tomorrow but very wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Thunderstorms in the general northern England area are unlikely tomorrow, as there is not enough energy forecast for our area. The main energy will be further south. There will however, be lots of rainfall! It'll be humid at first, becoming fresher and cooler thereafter.. typical summery spell.

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I think you're right SP1986. Lunchtime forecast by Helen Willetts today had me shaking my head. Sounded like the world was coming to an end. If a twister didn't get you the giant hail would if that didn't get noahs ark as the rain would.

Posted

Thunderstorms in the general northern England area are unlikely tomorrow, as there is not enough energy forecast for our area. The main energy will be further south. There will however, be lots of rainfall! It'll be humid at first, becoming fresher and cooler thereafter.. typical summery spell.

HmmmI recall you saying something similiar a fortnight last Monday only to get a storm.

Posted

Big splodgy rain drops here but only short lived, temp 20.5c, humidity 35% and the pressure has dropped to 1015hpa from 1018hpa this afternoon. Not going to expect any drama but if it does happen I will act surprised

• Like 1

Big splodgy rain drops here but only short lived, temp 20.5c, humidity 35% and the pressure has dropped to 1015hpa from 1018hpa this afternoon. Not going to expect any drama but if it does happen I will act surprised

don't forget to get your washing in before end of days commences :) !!!.........

Posted

All washed, dried and brought in, I am one step ahead of the weather, I hope you still have the f5 on order plus accessories, not that I am expecting anything :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The hail for your part of the world has just been upgraded to beach ball sized!

• Like 2

Posted

The hail for your part of the world has just been upgraded to beach ball sized

That sounds like a headline from the Daily Muckspreader

• Like 1