Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Both the national and regional forecasts last night showed rain all day for me in Darlington but since mid morning its turned into light showers

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The heavier rain out in the north sea seems to heading north westward towards North East England. Although not shown on the radar we did recently have a more heavy spell of rain recently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Yep, just what I'm seeing PIT, and it's brightened up here to the extent that the sun's almost showing through. Unless the front currently across NE England changes orientation and starts falling SW towards us ?

Posted

Looks like some heavier rain coming in off the North Sea shortly.  I don't think it will bother this area too much but looks like East and West Yorkshire will be in the firing line.

Miserable day with constant drizzle.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

horrible day just what you need with 3 kids around your ankles because its too wet to play out  :wallbash:

looking at the radar like others have said the drizzle is due to become heavy rain here

Posted

Awful, awful day. Apart from some breaks in the evening when it was getting low, I don't think I've seen the sun at all since that excellent day on the 19th when it was sunny and warm with an evening thunderstorm. For the time of year such an extended paucity of sunshine is nothing short of horrendous.

Boy are we being made to pay for having a few nice days.

Posted

Rained all day, persistent nagging stuff after torrential bursts around 6-0am. What I find odd is that the rain radars suggest it should be dry here when it is still steady rain.

Posted

Despite the forecasts I haven't seen any rain for the last few days and yesterday was mainly sunny and warm with temps around 17/18c. I'm well placed here as the Cumbrian fells and Pennines generally keep us sheltered from weather coming in from the east with the hills absorbing most of the moisture, bit of a pain in winter when it's snowing out east and we don't get anything coming this far west. More overcast today so expecting some showers but not as much as some models/forecasts would have you believe - we'll see.

Liam.  I was going to post something similar myself.  I was interested to see how much of the wet stuff made it over here from the other side of the Pennines. Answer - nothing on Tuesday, and very little yesterday, or at least nothing like the forecast.  As for today, we had a bit of a shower this morning but its been dry since.  Like you say, as in winter, the precipitation just breaks up over the hills - it may be nice for some to note that it's not only the snow that doesn't make it here from the east.    

• Like 1

Posted

You are welcome to some of my rain. :yahoo: Only been raining for 74 hours and to think the NW forecast for my area today says 0mm precipitation!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A very sunny and pleasant end to the day here after being overcast for the last couple, looking forward to some sun over the next few days :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

I think this last week really has been truly awful in my honest opinion, it's been horribly uneventful. But I'm hoping the weather will really improve for the weekend. 

Posted

Another lacklustre day - not very inspiring, though it did brighten a little just before sunset. Tomorrow should bring more general brightness and hopefully a bit of sunshine. Weekend not looking too bad - Saturday should be a dry fine day, though not especially warm, Sunday may stay dry depends on timing of the cold front.

May 2014 will go down for me as not too bad, we've had far better mind and it has never got particularly warm apart from an odd day here and there. May is my favourite month but it hasn't quite had that specialness it can deliver on occasion.

Posted

Extensive amounts of cloud rolled in from the east overnight, Grrrr yesterday evening ended so promising.... Was looking forward to a bit of sunshine so I hope the sun manages to burn through it! 

post-9615-0-04396700-1401438050_thumb.pn   :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Not seen the sun since tuesday evening here.

Posted

Took it's time to break through but eventually the sun put in an appearance this afternoon and it turned out pretty decent, warm as well up to 17c in light winds. 

Posted

More sunshine than cloud this morning, looks like it's going to be good day. 13.6c already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

currently blue skies here current temp 15.2c a lot of cloud out to the east though hopefully it will stay away 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

currently blue skies here current temp 15.2c a lot of cloud out to the east though hopefully it will stay away 

The Cloud appears to be moving in a north westerly direction so it has missed us, already much more sunshine than the met office are forecasting

Baring in mind the below was issued at 9am the temperature is already 3c higher than they are forecasting between 9am and 10am

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Just mown the lawns it's glorious now with wall to wall sunshine, currently 17c. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Clouds struggling to break up and in fact they are getting even more grey in colour, no rain, but not seen one bit of the sun so far today 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Another lovely, sunny day here and I actually been sunbathing today!! 8)