Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The sun literally has not gone in all day, considering the Met Office called for a day of sunshine and thundery showers, I think the convection just failed to get going here which suits me just fine, as I now have my tan back and have had a really enjoyable day outdoors with temperatures hovering all day around the 25C mark! Brilliant, I love May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I could hear a storm over N Wales.. it was quite violent too, judging by the gap between each rumble.. however nothing here.. in fact the sky looks quite stable with stratiform cloud developing. The altocumulus of earlier has evaporated.

Not entirely sure where the next storms will come from as the next week looks like a write off for my area.. it could be a fair few years until we get a decent storm again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Looks like the thunderstorms are coming straight for us!!

Posted Image

15 Mins ago ^^

Posted Image

Now. ^^ They over Runcorn right now I think and also alot in the Lakes.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not much here that would indicate any potential storm activity. It is warm and fairly humid but no sign of anything.

You get one in the end SP?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Things are certainly looking promising with regards to tomorrow!

CAPE values at 4pm Tuesday..

Posted Image

Precipitation from 2pm-6pm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precip accumulation by 1am Wednesday..

Posted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

I could hear a storm over N Wales.. it was quite violent too, judging by the gap between each rumble.. however nothing here.. in fact the sky looks quite stable with stratiform cloud developing. The altocumulus of earlier has evaporated.Not entirely sure where the next storms will come from as the next week looks like a write off for my area.. it could be a fair few years until we get a decent storm again.

Well Stephen?I have heard by a few members from the Wirral area hat they had a really good storm(s). Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I saw some flashes in the west of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Was a fab thunderstorm in Liverpool earlier. At 8pm it was dark and was it was banging and flashing at same time. The rain was torrential. Even made street lights go out a few times. Hopefully another one during the night tonight ☔ï¸âš¡ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Was a fab thunderstorm in Liverpool earlier. At 8pm it was dark and was it was banging and flashing at same time. The rain was torrential. Even made street lights go out a few times. Hopefully another one during the night tonight ☔ï¸âš¡ï¸

It was FAB wasn't it Miamay, I was working so could only hear the rain and the thunder it was like being tortured because I couldn't run outside and watch, friends and family where texting me to tell me how great it was and I couldn't witness it    :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Yes we got a storm in the end, a light thunderstorm mind but with some decent strikes captured.

Here's a video I took.

Originally I though the rumbles I mentioned in the post as being over Wales, were over Wales.. but it turned out they were to the south.. and moving towards here.. though I hadn't realised that at that time, as my window faces north-west and was in view of a storm that had just cleared Wales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUc-gLDgH0&list=UU8CSop5yZZ7rOTthMXL8FDQ

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Yes we got a storm in the end, a light thunderstorm mind but with some decent strikes captured.

Here's a video I took.

Originally I though the rumbles I mentioned in the post as being over Wales, were over Wales.. but it turned out they were to the south.. and moving towards here.. though I hadn't realised that at that time, as my window faces north-west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUc-gLDgH0&list=UU8CSop5yZZ7rOTthMXL8FDQ

Thanks for that video SP its about the only glimpse I have seen of the storm. Hoping for some more of the same tonight and tomorrow to make up for it

Posted

Back to our Spring default of 10C and low cloud/sea fog today.

That should keep thunder away.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

So much for thunder. Instead of being 20C and breaking down in 9 hours of thunder (according to GFS) it's currently 13C and cloudy (albeit with 94% humidity).

Posted

Looks promising later.. Could be the second storm in as many days. The sun is breaking through here now so well see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Warnings issued by the met office for North East and North West England Yorkshire and the Humber

Issued at - 20 May 2014, 10:36

Valid from - 20 May 2014, 16:00
Valid to - 20 May 2014, 23:00
Thundery downpours are expected to develop this afternoon, lasting into the evening. The public should be aware of the risk of spray on roads and local surface water flooding.
Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

Warnings.. If anything its sunnier now than it was earlier.

Posted

Warnings issued by the met office for North East and North West England Yorkshire and the Humber  Issued at - 20 May 2014, 10:36Valid from - 20 May 2014, 16:00Valid to - 20 May 2014, 23:00Thundery downpours are expected to develop this afternoon, lasting into the evening. The public should be aware of the risk of spray on roads and local surface water flooding.

Baffling. Why were there no warnings when parts of Wales was getting hit yesterday?

Posted

I saw high clouds approaching from the south. It looks as though its coming here and it looks organized. Fingers crossed for the night of rumble.

Posted

Ellesmere Port & The Wirral doing well again I see :)

Posted

Their does look to be a piddly line of showers moving north from Nottingham but we'll be lucky to get an hours rain from that even if it gets here intact. It's possible the durinal minimum and warm air ahead will spark convection though but i could see a dry night for most of us in Yorkshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Lucky merseyside again! I hope the cell heading for my area can liven up a bit, it's not looking great atm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Baffling. Why were there no warnings when parts of Wales was getting hit yesterday?

Agree I have no idea what there thinking is, maybe because no warning was placed yesterday when quite clearly one should of been one has been put in place today as a precaution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Agree I have no idea what there thinking is, maybe because no warning was placed yesterday when quite clearly one should of been one has been put in place today as a precaution

I'm pretty sure this warning was first issued yesterday afternoon whilst those thunderstorms in Wales were still occurring

Looking nice for us tomorrow once any early cloud shifts could hit 20c again

Posted

I'm pretty sure this warning was first issued yesterday afternoon whilst those thunderstorms in Wales were still occurring

Looking nice for us tomorrow once any early cloud shifts could hit 20c again

I can put up with 20C, it's this horrid humidity that's killing me.

I can't wait for Thursday. A little early in the season (i like early season heat since it's normally free of humidity) but from July i switch around completely to supporting a 2011 repeat (though August 2010 was divine).

• Like 1