Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Posted

I have to say, convective wise, what a disappointment the last few days have been. Yesterday was the best day but even then most people missed out.

It looked good on the models but nothing. Today is another blank day.

Posted

I have to say, convective wise, what a disappointment the last few days have been. Yesterday was the best day but even then most people missed out.

Indeed, we had some early morning rain here, but no stratospherics kicking about so far this afternoon.  Looking at the radar nothing appears to be building either.

Posted

I can't believe how cold it feels out there, if this had been winter I would be expecting snow from that easterly, it's bitter!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I can't believe how cold it feels out there, if this had been winter I would be expecting snow from that easterly, it's bitter!!

You should know that there's not much warmth up here.It just varies from bitter through cold to a summer peak of mild.Currently 5.7c after i recorded a day max of 8.9c.Probably not the coldest 1st May but certainly not the warmest either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not really been bad lately.

Other than yesterday's 20 minute deluge with thunder and lightening for good measure and today's cold wind it's been mainly decent for a couple of weeks now.

I just hope that as we move into early summer the weather doesn't move into late autumn.

Posted

What a beautiful morning, frost on the cars first thing but the strength of the sun at this time of year means it doesn't last long.

It's just a shame that it looks like the day will go downhill with more cloud later and rain knocking about tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

The sun is trying to break through here. Looks like it will be a good day

Posted

The sun is trying to break through here. Looks like it will be a good day

You've been unlucky then really.We've had unbroken sunshine and virtually cloudless skies since dawn and without a breath of wind it's a lovely day to be outside.I just hope that it fully clears for you before the cloud from the forecast weather front arrives later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I just came back from Cumbria and I took a picture of a mountain today that is got bits of snow left. Its a bit weird to see snow in May. That is Winter for you.

post-16474-0-35405500-1399145852_thumb.j

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

I just came back from Cumbria and I took a picture of a mountain today that is got bits of snow left. Its a bit weird to see snow in May. That is Winter for you.

sometimes find patches in june high up on north faces , no good for snowballs though just ice !!....
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

So humid today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms

On 2nd of june i am off for a weeks holiday in skegness will i get that heatwave mentioned in the lincolnshire echo newspaper?

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/UK-set-Mediterranean-style-heatwave-later-month/story-21062364-detail/story.html

Posted

I've just merged together the Norhthest of England and Yorks/Lincs weather discussions to form this new thread as per the discussions here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80194-regional-threads-changes-for-summer/?p=2965003

This is region 3 on the map - there is some overlap so those close to the borders please feel free to post in the discussion which suits you best :)

post-2-0-02104100-1399377716_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yorkshire especially the east side has nothing whatsoever in common with Cumbria so no idea why that was thought a sensible region.We'll be looking out in hope of getting a little shower while they are moaning about days of torrential rain - like most summers. :closedeyes: Mind, annoying each other could be fun.

Posted

The regons aren't necessarily about the similarity in weather but they are relatively close together, and an opportunity to discuss things within a mini-community as opposed to nationally. As an example, Scotland has an incredibly varied climate, but that is also a single region :)

• Like 1