Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Watchout glossop! Halloween and birthday on same day... Night on the tiles this evening and a curry too...

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny and 18c here already too... Nmm prediction 19-21c up here...as its already 18c and if there is any strength in the sun... 22c + possible....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Hello peeps

Not posted for a long time. '09-10 or 10-11 revisted this winter?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Hopefully the last of the stupidly mild days and something more seasonal as we get into November.

Yes it's saved on the heating bills but not a lot else to inspire with mild and wall to wall cloud at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Decent day's weather on the cards.

Footy playing away from home so it looks like a good chance for me and the camera to get out for a lengthy walk.

Posted

Sunny morning clear skies chillier than yesterday.

wet and windy incoming later.

Time to do some of those jobs that you never get round to doing done.

putting a bulb in landing light.

changing smoke alarm batteries.

re silicone bath etc.

borefest.

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 1

Sunny morning clear skies chillier than yesterday.

wet and windy incoming later.

Time to do some of those jobs that you never get round to doing done.

putting a bulb in landing light.

changing smoke alarm batteries.

re silicone bath etc.

borefest.

you're lucky ,been dragged to town by wife !!!!!!......
  • Like 1

Posted

After a decent morning it has certainly gone backwards, weather wise.

Now cloudy and windy and I can hear the first signs of rain on the conservatory roof.

Can't complain though it's only going as forecast although possibly a bit early than expected.

• Like 1

Posted

you're lucky ,been dragged to town by wife !!!!!!......

oh the joys £££££ on things she doesn't need.

im currently in the middle of making shepherd pie and avin a glass of wine or nine.

• Like 4

Posted

im currently in the middle of making shepherd pie and avin a glass of wine or nine.

Oh the joys of wine at this time of day.

I've got a bottle of red with my name on it for later but unfortunately i need the car more than a drink for the next couple of hours.

Enjoy it though.

• Like 1

Posted

I think this has been one of the most boring and tedious years, meteorological speaking, that I can remember, up there with 2002 around here

There has been a lack of variety, hardly any thunder, snow, frost, sleet, fog, outstanding warmth etc.

It has been basically mild, cloudy, sunny, dry, wet or a combination of. Tedious!

The only outstanding feature of last winter was the lack of wintriness. Rainfall was nothing special in this area despite it being in the record books, nationally. There were a couple of gales but they were nothing compared to say the ones of 1989-90, Christmas Eve 1997, Boxing Day 1998 or that January 2007 one, to name a few.

Spring had some useful weather but it was monotonous if you like variety, no excitement. Summer was decent except August but missed out largely on thunderstorms. No notable heatwaves. September was decent, October largely forgettable.

Hoping November and December will break this monotony and here's to a better 2015.

• Like 3

Posted

I think this has been one of the most boring and tedious years, meteorological speaking, that I can remember, up there with 2002 around here

There has been a lack of variety, hardly any thunder, snow, frost, sleet, fog, outstanding warmth etc.

It has been basically mild, cloudy, sunny, dry, wet or a combination of. Tedious!

The only outstanding feature of last winter was the lack of wintriness. Rainfall was nothing special in this area despite it being in the record books, nationally. There were a couple of gales but they were nothing compared to say the ones of 1989-90, Christmas Eve 1997, Boxing Day 1998 or that January 2007 one, to name a few.

Spring had some useful weather but it was monotonous if you like variety, no excitement. Summer was decent except August but missed out largely on thunderstorms. No notable heatwaves. September was decent, October largely forgettable.

Hoping November and December will break this monotony and here's to a better 2015.

Agreed.

Hopefully our usual position of being just on the edge of something remotely extreme in terms of weather will change in the next couple of months and we will will be right in the thick of it (literally speaking in snow)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

It will struggle to get into double figures for many of us on Tuesday and Wednesday, will feel much colder than of late.

Posted

It will struggle to get into double figures for many of us on Tuesday and Wednesday, will feel much colder than of late.

Only where is should be though but agree that after having temperatures above normal for what seems an age it will be a bit of a shock to the system.

Posted

My turn now,

Making a chicken and chorizo jambalaya, beer in hand and the bottle of red is open.

Other than the crap on the television I just love Saturday evenings, more so the dark winter ones.

• Like 1

Posted

Rains arrived ,fireworks postponed till Monday night,so probs takeaway tonight ......

Can hear plenty of fireworks going off here at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Half a bottle consumed will change now to lager so I can last through till x factor ....borefest not my thing but the mrs....although dont mind cheryl ;)

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 2

Posted

Just half way through a bottle of real ale, it must be a sign of getting old when your ale has to be real.

Then it's wine time.

Oh and I fully agree about Cheryl although Mel B is an improvement on last years efforts.

• Like 1