Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Wow. BBC weather put me only 13C on Thursday. Its definitely feels like Winter outside. You should expect these temperatures back in Jan-Mar early this year. We had 2 storms already.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Temperature dropped to just below 5c last night and will probably go lower tonight.

Maybe a bit of grass frost and even a touch on the windscreens for those like me who are out soon enough in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Been crappy rain in the evenings especislly, least the wind has died down now, sunny and coldish today...hoping it will pick up in 3 weeks time on holiday on the east coast!

Temperature dropped to just below 5c last night and will probably go lower tonight.Maybe a bit of grass frost and even a touch on the windscreens for those like me who are out soon enough in the morning.

didn't see any frost on car this morning as I was lazy and didn't get up till 7.30 am will be interesting tomorrow at my usual 6.30 am !.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Currently 4.6c and can't see it dropping any lower so frost on the car is unlikely.

Hopefully another decent day to come in this extended autum.

Posted

3.4C at about 4am, but lifted slightly as wind picked up at dawn.Didn't see any frost but I expect there would have been some white in the valley floor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever we get.

Not windy, not very warm, generally not raining, not a lot of sun. Not much else to say.

Posted

is sleaford in the north or is it the midlands ?........

Hi Mokidugway, a good question, and one I asked myself when I was motivated to take an interest after an absence of a few years.
I had to trawl through the thread on closing down regional discussions to find the answer. Expected to find that Lincolnshire was in the region containing Midlands or East Anglia, but no, we're specifically lumped in the rest of Northern England. 
Our weather is as different to most of Northern England, and particularly to your location, as it's possible to get in the British Isles. Probably get half your rainfall and half as much again sunshine.
Of course, I could be a rebel and post in one of the above mentioned regions, but my time for insubordination was long ago.

Hi Mokidugway, a good question, and one I asked myself when I was motivated to take an interest after an absence of a few years.I had to trawl through the thread on closing down regional discussions to find the answer. Expected to find that Lincolnshire was in the region containing Midlands or East Anglia, but no, we're specifically lumped in the rest of Northern England. Our weather is as different to most of Northern England, and particularly to your location, as it's possible to get in the British Isles. Probably get half your rainfall and half as much again sunshine.Of course, I could be a rebel and post in one of the above mentioned regions, but my time for insubordination was long ago.

I see since your in our region can I have some of your storms please :).....

Posted

Wish we could, we do a good storm, and you can see it coming and going for a long time.

But I seriously doubt that you've ever had any weather that passed this way first, things just don't cross the Pennines on a South Easterly. Now there's a challenge for somone to tell me I'm wrong  :nonono:

Posted

What a rotten day.

If this is the best that August can offer then role on September where hopefully things will improve.

Posted

Heavy dew early this morning and the southern half of the sky duck egg blue and the rest cloudy. Soon all cloud covered, a few spots of rain and generally more like early October than August. 

Posted

Very heavy rain here at this minute unexpected to be honest ain't half coming down I tell thee ;)

Posted

Not been a bad days weather really.

Not exactly summer like and the current 14c is nothing to write home about but could have been worse.

I just hope that the BH weekend delivers some decent usable weather.

Posted

Radar showing a distinctive line of showers crossing the more southern parts of the North West, especially south of the Ribble and down towards the midlands.

It looks like a classic Cheshire Gap set up and, although we are on the northern edge of it, we have already had sunshine and showers and it's raining at the moment.

What many of us would give for this in Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

I did the Ice Bucket challenge yesterday.

You would think in August, that this would have provided light relief from a scorching Summer day ...