Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Any chance of a storm in Darlington as im bloody sick of this heat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Been raining here since about 7oclock and heavy at times and the temperature has dropped back quite a bit and is now down to 18c.

Glad I opted for the curry rather than BBQ,

• Like 1

Posted

Very unusual behaving tough - it has barely deposited more than a few spits of rain so far here- indeed I have looked at the radar and there has been a larger central part of the Lakes which has missed the rain so far - to see the trough pep up as it hits the Pennines and also to see it deposit rain over Lancashire but not here - is very unusual.

Can anyone explain why it has just produced a veil of cloud over the central lakes area? I can't..

Posted

Absolutely threw it down here about 7oclock yesterday very humid before air cleared now though quite a breeze this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Wet morning in darlington, quite heavy bursts of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just starting to brightened here and not a bad forecast for this afternoon.

Even found 3 cans of beer I didn't know I had so hopefully sorted for later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I'm looking forward to the hot spell later next week. Hopefully it be a clear, hot, Summer's day on Thursday. :)

Its so sad that the world cup have to end tonight!! :cray:

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

3day Heatwave then thunder by Saturday good old British weather u gotta love it definitely changeable and keeps u on your toes ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Its deserted in here............is everyone on their holidays?

I am looking forward to our storm potential for the next few days unfortunately I will be working and wont have access to Netweather to see if and where the storms are developing, but I will be out and about on the road so will have to rely on my finely honed senses to detect any impending storms.

Current temp 15.2c , a beautiful morning, dry with hazy sunshine.

Hot and humid forecast, just the right weather for the flying ants to take off :unsure2: .... must keep my windows closed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This far west on the coast, things aren't looking as great (based on the GFS), getting comparatively cool over the weekend with heavy (not thundery) rain, and with temperatures in the teens on Saturday, (if the GFS is not pulling a stunt) A little disappointed to escape the heat and sunshine if this turns out to be the case, so will have to make the most of today. Next week is far from nailed and could easily change so I'm not going to be too elated from an IMBY point of view yet.

I'd certainly feel a lot better if I was inland.

Edited by SP1986

This far west on the coast, things aren't looking as great (based on the GFS), getting comparatively cool over the weekend with heavy (not thundery) rain, and with temperatures in the teens on Saturday. A little disappointed to escape the heat and sunshine, so will have to make the most of today. Next week is far from nailed and could easily change so I'm not going to be too elated from an IMBY point of view.I'd certainly feel a lot better if I was inland.

Don't forget making the most of tomorrow, will be warmer than today.

Would take the surface temperatures with caution as they are dependent on showers which at the moment could be anywhere across the NW, and possible low-level circulation bringing in the dreaded 'Irish Sea air'. The 850mb temps are only a couple of degrees higher inland, and a bit of luck will make a difference across the region one way or another.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Yep GFS is not so good with rainfall and temperatures, in fact it shows 20C here tomorrow maximum.. Seems a

Little unlikely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

gone a bit cloudy here after a lovely start current temp is 20.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Hi Jan !!! Havent been on for ages. Its a beautiful sunny day in Liverpool. Slight breeze and have spotted the dreaded flying ants !!!!! . Are we due to get any thunderstorms over the weekend ??

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Spending the weekend camping at (and playing at) a festival in the Ribble valley this weekend with 2 smallish kids and my partner. Just wondering how bad this storm system is going to be there? It looks to me like it will be fairly wet from mid morning to late afternoon on Sat with rain at 30mm per hour for a short time (is this about right?) but i guess if its dry either side it might not make too much difference? Thoughts please?? Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Hi Jan !!! Havent been on for ages. Its a beautiful sunny day in Liverpool. Slight breeze and have spotted the dreaded flying ants !!!!! . Are we due to get any thunderstorms over the weekend ??

Hi Miamay, yes it's a  gorrrjuss day here, my car and weather sensor showing 28/29c imby. Back from Shrewsbury at the mo, been down on the farm playing hay baling. I am hoping for thunderstorms I guess we'll have to wait and see. Ants have been very busy today, seen a lot of the flying ones but they where only crawling, maybe tomorrow they will swarm eeek!!

• Like 1

Posted

From and IMBY point of view, and well all around coastal Northern England (esp. to the west), convective possibilities look very low to dead. Saturday is my worry, not because of whether it will or not deliver thunderstorms, but more a case of how unpleasant it could become, with stable air and heavy persistent rain, perhaps causing flooding, and possibly also, feeling rather cool as a result. The models are going for rather cool temperature of 17C now under the heavy rain at midday, signalling an encroachment of much cooler, fresher air into the western parts. 

This may drag sea air in, meaning it may feel a little chilly on the coast - amazing, considering the warmth the general airmass is generating.. but this has happened before. 

It's looking a little above average by day and by night though past that.

Inland could see some very interesting weather though, and hopefully, those away from the coast will more than make up for the lack of activity there - I have my fingers crossed for you guys inland!

Today was warm, tomorrow may be a little cooler on the coast, but hot elsewhere - and yes, those dreaded flying ants were definitely out in force today!

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its been a lovely evening. Its humid again. Hopefully i will get some sleep tonight before my alarm at 6am. Havent slept for 2 nights as it has been so warm.