Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

It absolutely lashed it down in Wakefield last night at about 1.30am - it was that heavy it woke me up. It lasted for a good 20/30 mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Been a wet morning here so far but the clouds are clearing now, hopefully a bit of sun for a while this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Lovely sunny morning here but the clouds have increased steadily, just got wet walking Meg ( should have checked the radar before I went out!) The rain passed quickly, now dry and mainly overcast, currently 21.1c, 28% humidity, pressure 1018hpa

• Like 1

Posted

Thunderstorm here now!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Yeah Jan got soaked in that one. Now is thundering again with torrential rain and hail !! Seemed to come from the Wirral way. Brightening up a bit now. My garden is flooded !! âš¡ï¸â˜”ï¸â„ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just had another very heavy shower with a couple of rumbles of thunder.

Fourth day in a row with thunder, must be something of a record around here.

Then as it cleared we had the most amazing double rainbow, just a shame I was driving and not able to stop and take a photo.

• Like 2

Posted

Yeah Jan got soaked in that one. Now is thundering again with torrential rain and hail !! Seemed to come from the Wirral way. Brightening up a bit now. My garden is flooded !! âš¡ï¸â˜”ï¸â„ï¸

Hi Miamay, I was driving in that one at 3.50pm on my way to work. I had been watching the clouds come from over the Mersey River way, it was terrific, driving in it was not so terrific, Dunnings Bridge Road was flooded and traffic was crawling. All the kids coming out from the schools where soaked. The lightening was fantastic but couldn't hear the thunder because of the rain

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Hi Jan looks like we may have another one again. Heavy rain and its gone quite dark !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Round two here now and this time with more in the way of thunder and some lightening thrown in.

• Like 3

Posted

Lashing it down here had an odd rumble of thunder

Its wss weird last night didn't seem to gey dark.

Posted

Was catching some sun this afternoon with an ice lolly and a glass of coke then then bang it lashed it down...good old British weather

Posted

Was catching some sun this afternoon with an ice lolly and a glass of coke then then bang it lashed it down...good old British weather

Heavy showers, sun and warmth, my grandad used to call it good growing weather and looking at our lawns, it's true.
  • Like 1

Posted

From around 4.30 last night for almost an hr and a half we had constant heavy rain and hail, cg and cc lightning and associated thunder.  Roads around Preston were flooded, and there was a repeat, albeit not as severe around 7/7.30.  Can't remember the last time we had a storm like that here, there was still hail lying on the ground after the second storm passed through until well after 8/8.30.  

All in all a great light show and one of the best i've seen pass directly overhead.

Posted

A much drier morning than the last two but a disappointingly cloudy one so far, cloud seems to breaking up more so hopefully some sunshine to be had for the afternoon. Looking very settled for the foreseeable future as high pressure dominates with some warm temps on offer.... Here comes Summer!! :D  

Posted

Beautiful sunny summers day here, currently 21.5c a few scattered clouds and light winds, makes you feel good :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A beautiful sunny morning here in south cheshire

hardly a cloud in the sky this just has to be the best kind of weather, apart from snow of course.

Out for an hour in the sun now

c.s

Posted

Been a lovely day in West Cumbria with variable amounts of cloud but mainly sunny with a max temp of 17.5c this afternoon. the only fly in the ointment is that weather front to the N&W - hopefully it'll fizzle out and not produce much rain, the odd shower looking most likely going by the NMM-6 model. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A lovely summers evening in south cheshire temperature reached 23c this afternoon tomorrow looks like it will be cooler with more cloud cover

c.s

Posted

Although it's difficult to predict we could have a pretty decent afternoon tomorrow, the morning looks cloudier but it's modelled to break up after lunchtime according to the NMM, as I said cloud amounts are difficult to forecast so we really won't know until tomorrow! If the cloud breaks as predicted then temps will respond well. 

post-9615-0-98857000-1402593492_thumb.pn

Posted

Cloudy and mild start to the day, 15.4c with overcast skies. Bring back the sunshine! :)