Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Potent heavy thunderstorm here - with heavy rain and lightning bolts- looks homegrown. The classic darkening skies to the south and the air of an impending storm feeling not normally felt so early in the season. The last few summers have been devoid in the main of thunderstorm activity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Cloud finally arriving with a decent radar.

Posted

Potent heavy thunderstorm here - with heavy rain and lightning bolts- looks homegrown. The classic darkening skies to the south and the air of an impending storm feeling not normally felt so early in the season. The last few summers have been devoid in the main of thunderstorm activity.

Yes quite a large thunderstorm has just crossed the Lakes. constant thunder and lightening in all directions, torrential rain with a rate of 68mm / hr which put down 10mm in 10 minutes and a total of 15.5mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

It was FAB wasn't it Miamay, I was working so could only hear the rain and the thunder it was like being tortured because I couldn't run outside and watch, friends and family where texting me to tell me how great it was and I couldn't witness it    :wallbash:

Hi Jan I was in work too but saw some of it. Warm and muggy here. Potential for more downpours tonight maybe ??

Posted

Not a lot of rain here, infact, the sun has peeked through a couple of times already and it is drying up.

A nothing day here.The rain this morning was feeble, it was cool, largely cloudy with a little bit of rain at times but it was largely dry. Even the band of showers coming up from the south died out before they got here.

Posted

Hello everyone hows all of you?

Rain this morning but still feels quite warm.

Just come back from Turkey and it was 35c over there approx 28c in the shade. It was nice to come back to some nice weather too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Noticeably colder this morning with a stiff NE'ly and 8c. Dry atm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Just had our only thundery shower from the recent days' activity. 2/3 strikes and thunder and a 5 minute monumental deluge, lovely stuff.

Posted

Preety cold feeling day for late May. Gusty cold NE breeze and maxima held at 10 degrees under overcast skies - many a milder day in November. Very uninspiring at what tends to be one of the best times of year weatherwise here.

Posted

Well quite cool out this morning...so the months are ticking by quite quickly we will be back at Winter in no time at this rate just hoping that its better than last but for now im just looking forward to some decent days of sun :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Yup cool some heavy rain today but no dry maybe some more showers on the way though. Missed the lightning and thunder once again though. 

Posted

Sunny but chilly out of the sun meant to rain this afternoon :(

Posted

Looks like a boring day coming up weather wise. The forecast heavy rain looking much further south and weaker than suggested. So looks like a drab day with light rain or drizzle at times. At least I'm not looking at bright warm sunshine while I wait for an engineer I suppose.

Posted

Rain a bit more than light - again - just a few miles south of you Pit in Mansfield. We have certainly copped it a lot over the past week. Whether it blows in from the north, south,east or west, Mansfield gets the rain!

Posted

Big miss on the forecast today for here. No heavy rain which actually managed a little sun instead albeit briefly. One of those forecasts that belongs in the oh dear category.

Posted

Well the rains arrived 24hrs late. Justed wait until I went out to read the thermometers and measure the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Yes, yesterday's forecast was pretty hopeless, and today's is looking bust already. Unless something dramatic happens it looks as if the worst has already pushed through westwards. No sign on the radar just now of the persistent heavy rain which was supposed to be affecting Eastern England all day today, just heavy showers.

Posted

Yes, yesterday's forecast was pretty hopeless, and today's is looking bust already. Unless something dramatic happens it looks as if the worst has already pushed through westwards. No sign on the radar just now of the persistent heavy rain which was supposed to be affecting Eastern England all day today, just heavy showers.

Maybe some more in the North sea that may push in later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Despite the forecasts I haven't seen any rain for the last few days and yesterday was mainly sunny and warm with temps around 17/18c. I'm well placed here as the Cumbrian fells and Pennines generally keep us sheltered from weather coming in from the east with the hills absorbing most of the moisture, bit of a pain in winter when it's snowing out east and we don't get anything coming this far west. More overcast today so expecting some showers but not as much as some models/forecasts would have you believe - we'll see.