Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

Morning, all! :) (oh look, it was morning when I started trying to wrestle my internet glitches into submission!)

Bit of news - I'll only be in here til the end of November, and then I'm moving. Yep, fleeing the country (not connected with next Thursday, honest guv!) to go and live with my other half in Shropshire… so I'll have to take my knitting and woollie jumpers to the Midlands thread, where there won't be kilts…!

Gonnae be strange. Been following the weather for almost a year there in preparation - seems the winters are a bit frostier there than Suburban Sth Embra, and the summers are a bit warmer and sunnier. O/H reckons on a bit more snow than Embra ( our Big Freeze excepted!) - most years a few flurries, every 2-3 years quite a few inches lying, and plenty of places within a short drive with reliable snaw! Oops, I mean snow. 

Returning to the land of my birth, but not a country I know well. I'll drop in and send you envious postcards when you get the January from Heaven in 2015! :)

And, of course, if someone can organise for November to be seriously cold and snawy here for me as a farewell present, that'd be grand! 

Edited by BleakMidwinter
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the Northern Lights will make a show here because of street lights but you never know.

Actually, the mist/fog hasn't really cleared all day and its thickening a little now so chances are slim.

Edited by Ross Andrew Hemphill

Same here. Damn haar rolled in to kirkcaldy just after 5pm n noo its caught up in glenrothes havent seen the northern lights ever so one is not amused lol.

Bmw gud luk in your move. Hav family in the midlands who wer visitng tmr n i can confirm many a snawy winter doon that way xx

Sunny and warm today, great weather.

Yes west was best again, 21c at Glasgow Airport. A few spells of hazy sun over here but only 16c in the easterly breeze with the haar never far away.

Dunno if it's me but although it's been really quite sunny it's not really been clear blue skies. Seems the sky is either misty or quite dirty. Need something to clear the air

Evening all, long time no speak. What great weather we have had over this summer in general, although far cry for 36C and 98% Humidity we had in Hong Kong in July, but can't complain.

Today was grey and damp with out actually raining, and even with 18C temp there was a definite chill. Anyway off for a wee dram or three as we settle doon for a long night.

Edited by Cheggers

Should be some much cleaner air spreading down behind a weak cold front as we go through Saturday which will put an end to this dank,drizzly,claggy,manky,weather which seems to have gone on for ever!

Good bl00dy riddance to it.

last post in here folks I just don't like the way this place has been or is going and don't wish to be a part anymore if you wish to chat or that you can follow me on [email protected] on facebook hope you all have a great winter with several feet of snow but unless it is epic I cant see me being a part of it so bye for now and for the future we will just have to wait and see#