Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Same here. Damn haar rolled in to kirkcaldy just after 5pm n noo its caught up in glenrothes havent seen the northern lights ever so one is not amused lol.

Bmw gud luk in your move. Hav family in the midlands who wer visitng tmr n i can confirm many a snawy winter doon that way xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

The big flit starts with a BMW...

I know… I can't quite believe the timing of it - but everything else is right, so come the end of November off I jolly well, er, go, as they don't quite say in Bluestone-42 :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Sunny and warm today, great weather.

Edited by Ross Andrew Hemphill

Posted

Sunny and warm today, great weather.

Yes west was best again, 21c at Glasgow Airport. A few spells of hazy sun over here but only 16c in the easterly breeze with the haar never far away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Yes west was best again, 21c at Glasgow Airport. A few spells of hazy sun over here but only 16c in the easterly breeze with the haar never far away.

Damn haar always spoils the party.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Damn haar always spoils the party.

Yeah, all day haar round the firth here, extending quite a way inland.  We escaped to the Cairngorms where it was warm and sunny :air_kiss:

Posted

Dunno if it's me but although it's been really quite sunny it's not really been clear blue skies. Seems the sky is either misty or quite dirty. Need something to clear the air

Posted

Pah. Drizzle and murk. Where's my summer gone?

Same here. Dark, dreich and drizzly. 14c.

Posted

Cloudy but warm here today, not the best of feelings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Another day of much gorgeousness up here! Can't remember the last time we had rain. More please! :D

Posted

Great weather for finishing off harvest field work but dry dull and humid today.Was clear at 6.00am with a temperature of 6c. Another cycle has started with the first cows calving. post-2744-0-93076900-1410964124_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Well a dull and rather warm start to Referendum day her in Dunfermline and Alloa. Good luck to Scotland whatever the outcome and may clear skys and sunshine light our path to the future!

• Like 2

Posted

Dreich here in NE Fife, as it has been for the last few days. Leuchars readings tell the story: http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGQL.html

We should ban easterlies, regardless of the outcome of today's vote!

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all, long time no speak. What great weather we have had over this summer in general, although far cry for 36C and 98% Humidity we had in Hong Kong in July, but can't complain.

Today was grey and damp with out actually raining, and even with 18C temp there was a definite chill. Anyway off for a wee dram or three as we settle doon for a long night.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Should be some much cleaner air spreading down behind a weak cold front as we go through Saturday which will put an end to this dank,drizzly,claggy,manky,weather which seems to have gone on for ever!

Good bl00dy riddance to it.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

last post in here folks I just don't like the way this place has been or is going and don't wish to be a part anymore if you wish to chat or that you can follow me on markwallace15@hotmail.com on facebook hope you all have a great winter with several feet of snow but unless it is epic I cant see me being a part of it so bye for now and for the future we will just have to wait and see#

Posted

Should be some much cleaner air spreading down behind a weak cold front as we go through Saturday which will put an end to this dank,drizzly,claggy,manky,weather which seems to have gone on for ever!

Good bl00dy riddance to it.

Agreed! It's been a miserable week of weather here in NE Fife with less than one hour of sunshine since last Sunday and only 47 hours for September as a whole.

Sorry to hear you're not going to be posting BUS.

Posted

Much fresher today with superb visibility and the odd light shower.A maximum of 16c with a moderate NW wind.Much better for working outside. Had a bit of fun taking in a cow that got stuck calving yesterday .Eventually had to get vet for a ceasarian, result a huge bull calf!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Noticed the weather station said it was a mere 6.5C this morning at 7am. Certainly feeling 'fresh', and yesterday it was still only around 12C at midday under grey skies. Brightened up later in the afternoon though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Edit: Totally wrong thread.

While I'm in this one though....decent enough looking day outside and didn't feel as chilly to start with as yesterday. Broken cloud, dry and some sun, but stuck in the office so can't vouch for how warm or cold.

A new toy arrived today, a Wireless IP Camera (FI9821W). Aim is to stick it up in my garage, looking out the window above the rear door onto the back garden (will also probably cover part of the street if pointed the right direction). Then I can log into it at work to see what the weather is like at home when I'm stuck at work or elsewhere as quite frequently if it's snowing in Kemnay it's raining at my work in Dyce. Tell me I'm not really, really sad and geeky for wanting to do that!

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1