Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

I'm a little dubious regarding what the temperature is reading now. Possibly due to there being some concrete nearby and the act that my location is sheltered so not much of a breeze can be felt. It reads 28.8c. I think it's a bit high but certainly emphasises how warm today is. It really is truly sweltering and I'd almost put today in the 'hot' category.

Why go abroad when it's like this...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

27.2C here!! Warmest day of the year so far, think this will be broken in the days to come. :):clapping:

• Like 1

Posted

Some impressive temperatures being reported today, guys. I see Glasgow came in at 27c.

Lovely day in NE Fife. Temps suppressed because of the easterly breeze but 21c was very pleasant.

Haar may be a greater threat tomorrow but here's hoping for more of the same.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Some impressive temperatures being reported today, guys. I see Glasgow came in at 27c.Lovely day in NE Fife. Temps suppressed because of the easterly breeze but 21c was very pleasant.Haar may be a greater threat tomorrow but here's hoping for more of the same.

Ditto here but a little warmer. Topped 23C with a nice breeze. Felt much more pleasant than yesterday despite similar maxes.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Maxed out at 24.2'C with a breeze coming into effect over the afternoon, lovely evening here at 18.3'C currently. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

well that was a warm day today at least we can get the warmth seen as the storms just didn't happen lol

STIRLING : 26.0c

POLMONT : 27.0c

FALKIRK : 28.3c

that's how the weather stations I check saw it today.

thankfully I went to the beach at aberdour so wasn't too bad down there and a bit cooler could see the haar over in Edinburgh though it didn't look like they had all that great a day didn't look like it cleared till after 4 o'clock.

I think we need to badger the met office to put an official station in Falkirk as it always seems to be a bit hotter here than the surrounding areas.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Absolutely fantastic summers day with a maximum of 27c - which is about as hot as it gets here, not as comfortable as a pleasant 20-25c but more pleasant than anything closer to or above 30c. This looks like being possibly the best week of what has been a pretty decent but not particularly special summer

Posted

Cracking start to the day, very sunny already. Making it hard to sleep any longer than this though

Judging by what Glasgow reported and why that station at Falkirk reported according to BUS then my themometer wouldn't have been too wrong. Certainly pushing 28c if not heading for 29c - themometer said 28.9c as a peak.

Good chance somewhere could officially scrape 28, 29 or even that magical 30?...

Posted

Don't know how accurate my Pug 206 is, but the temp readout was 27c yesterday. My t-shirt tan is looking great now.

Posted

Morning all,

Haar has lifted to low cloud but I suspect today may be the worst day of the week when it comes to shifting the North Sea murk. Certainly the Met Office is far more bullish about it burning off tomorrow. If we see the sun here today that's a bonus. Still a great week to have off work!

I've very similar views to Catch re the Commonwealth Games - great worldwide exposure for my home town and the sunshine will just make it.

Be very interesting to see some of the readings today...will SW Saltire crack 30c? I don't think any official stations will quite manage that but you never know.

• Like 1

Posted

BBC weatherman seemed confident of Scotland recording its hottest day of the year so far "again" today. I'm chuffed to bits for the Commonwealth Games that the weather is going to be cracking at least for the start of it. Regardless of what people say (and ignoring the fact that I am an ardent republican) the games are a big event and it will be very good for the profile of Glasgow.

The only problem is everyone is being encouraged to take the train but the points/signals stop working at around 25c so the trains end up cancelled... like last night! Hope that doesn't spoil it. Anyway much the same weather Here, fog has lifted to low cloud and just waiting on it burning off for another "taps aff" day :) Edited by Ross B

Posted

Already is 'taps aff' today... Nah not yet, a pleasant 19.5c.

I did notice (can't remember what site) that the much talked about humidity really adds adds to it.

What I mean is Athens 50% Seville 43% Moscow 44%

Whereas, London 78% (it even has my small village to the west of Dumfries where I live outside of) at 82% humidity and a 27c prediction.

Even the met office are predicting 26c...

I'm sure there is many people with a 'farmers tan'... I'm too pale to tan properly :( a different shade of White seems to be it for me...

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Sun broken through a lot quicker today. Already a scorcher. Bazinga! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Caught  a piece on one of the Bavarian TV stations about Glasgow Games, The Ryder Cup and its expected boost for tourism in Schottland as they call it. Must say looked impressive and the weather not bad at the moment. Thankfully, no mention of politics or that Rod Stewart is performing tonight ! Good luck with the games and the weather, hope it gives the country a boost.

• Like 5

Posted

May I just point out that it's 25'C in Derry already! 

Perfect alignment of the wind has meant that a low bank of cloud has reached here - currently overcast and feeling chilly (!) at 16'C, seems to be burning away as I type though. 

Posted

Caught  a piece on one of the Bavarian TV stations about Glasgow Games, The Ryder Cup and its expected boost for tourism in Schottland as they call it. Must say looked impressive and the weather not bad at the moment. Thankfully, no mention of politics or that Rod Stewart is performing tonight ! Good luck with the games and the weather, hope it gives the country a boost.

I suspect that there will inevitably be some politics involved in the games, which are essentially a political creatures in themselves! I suspect, however, that such political moments will be in line with the what has been an almost universally mature debate thus far.

• Like 1

Posted

Haar only starting to burn off here currently 19.5c.Been weeding the gardenthis morning as it has been neglected during haymaking.All the veg are about twice their normal height.

Posted

At 11:30 the bbc weather report said that NW Wales was already at 26c!!!

Already very warm, can't see any cloud whatsoever, totally clear and sunny since first light. The minimum of 16.7c is fairly high of a clear night. The met were forecasting a 17c 'low' for Dumfries last night but I'm rural so pretty warm for me and for sleeping in.

Glad I live in an fairly old cold house at times like these. In December 2010, not so much....

Currently, 22.8c. A breeze has started which is pleasant but it's becoming very warm

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Low cloud started to break up around 11.00 and the sky is now totally clear. Not sure how accurate my phone app is but it says the temperature is 19.7.

Posted

Finally, we have some sun. I give it fifteen minutes until someone who lives locally to me posts on Facebook that it's too hot :D

Already I have seen 3 such posts, people are never happy...Just hit 25c... Plenty time for 5c more :)

Posted

Unfortunately this really stubborn bank of low cloud which has stretched well into the Great Glen is refusing to budge, some 10'C difference between Inverness and Aviemore with less than 30 miles between us, wild!

Posted

Looking at the satellite images the haar/low cloud is very close to clearing from here. Fingers crossed we see some sun this afternoon.

16c.

Posted

27.2c.... Not much to go

I do feel for you Hawesy and NR.

Posted

27.2c.... Not much to go

I do feel for you Hawesy and NR.

Yep, first day of the summer that this has happened, quite unusual for the low cloud to push this far west for so long - fortunately tomorrow's looking to be the best day of the week here with the highest temperatures expected in the central Highland area between Inverness, Drum and Lairg. 

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

My weather station tells me it's 27.9. It feels like it....a bit too hot for me, but lovely to see the sun!