Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We were forecast dry yesterday and today, and we had drizzle  both days.

Posted

Started of this morning dark,  with heavy rain, a fresh NE wind  and 6.5c  Broke up about 2 hours ago and is now sunny with a  fresh NE wind and currently13.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Reached 21c today and felt hot in the shortish spells of sunshine.

Almost sunburnt... Catch my Drift, I should have headed your warnings!!!!

Quite a difference to NorthernLights above. Due to the wind direction, the beach wasn't that cold (19c). Normally it's Baltic in comparison to home.

People were in shorts etc and swimsuits... It's warmish but rather then than me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Reached 21c today and felt hot in the shortish spells of sunshine.Almost sunburnt... Catch my Drift, I should have headed your warnings!!!!Quite a difference to NorthernLights above. Due to the wind direction, the beach wasn't that cold (19c). Normally it's Baltic in comparison to home.People were in shorts etc and swimsuits... It's warmish but rather then than me

Quite a difference to even Glasgow! Down here today: bit over 16'C max, currently 14'C and light rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Currently 11.2c after a pretty pathetic high of 15.7c and a chilly NE wind. I believe the ECM has us practically tropical in its outlook? Problem is they think is faulty!

Posted

What a crap day for a change, rained on and off all day, but didn't dampen the Red Arrows over Stirling earlier

Posted Image.

Been not too bad a summer so far, but we may need to change our climatic comfort setting, as back to Hong Kong in 2 weeks, and family coming with as maybe moving there soon. 

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

What a crap day for a change, rained on and off all day, but didn't dampen the Red Arrows over Stirling earlier

Posted Image.

Been not too bad a summer so far, but we may need to change our climatic comfort setting, as back to Hong Kong in 2 weeks, and family coming with as maybe moving there soon. 

Blimey Cheggers, you don't do things by half do you? :laugh:

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

After a cool cloudy morning, the afternoon improved and was fairly sunny. As a result temperatures again climbed just above 21c

With tomorrow looking decent (>20c looks possible)

Then apart from the first few days of the month being average or a little below. The last 22 or so have been 2-3c above average (maxes), much drier than average (ground is hard) and with more sunshine than normal.

No July 2013 but June 2014 will go down as a very decent month, that many would have taken in the 2007-2012 period :)

Posted

After a cool cloudy morning, the afternoon improved and was fairly sunny. As a result temperatures again climbed just above 21cWith tomorrow looking decent (>20c looks possible)Then apart from the first few days of the month being average or a little below. The last 22 or so have been 2-3c above average (maxes), much drier than average (ground is hard) and with more sunshine than normal.No July 2013 but June 2014 will go down as a very decent month, that many would have taken in the 2007-2012 period :)

The opposite here, another crap day, not sure of max but was 14C at 4.30pm. Been out all day and felt cold in the wind and occ. showers. Probably even colder than yesterday, I've known many a milder January day!

Grounds trying hard to dry out completely but the vast majority of the year has been muddy. We here need to lose the cold wind off the sea.

Yet another poor summer so far.

Posted

Not a bad day spent at Auchengarrich, topped around 18C with no wind at all.

I know Blitzen, but when an opportunity like this comes along, hard to refuse, thus why the family this time to test the waters, which incidentally are 29c in the South China sea.  :good:

• Like 2

Posted

Cracking start to the day here. Little puffy clouds just developing a bit now but glorious

Edited by NUT
  • Like 1

Posted

Same as above. Great start. Still fairly cool at 16c but it's warming up quickly and the sun is feeling very strong already. Should make the low twenties again. Didn't record the maxes for the whole month on paper but average max must have been between 20.5-21c so pretty good. Half a degree below July 2013

Posted

Clouded over now but still nice enough. Barely a breath of wind

Posted

The drizzle has given way to bright skies and warm sunshine, just under 18'C at the moment having been around 15'C all day - lovely summer's evening.

Posted

Reached 20.5c. Sunny start to the day. Cloud did develop during the day stopping temperatures really rising. Great evening for playing Golf like I was. Currently 18c

Posted

Deja-vu of yesterday. It's a sunny start but puffy clouds are developing a bit now

Posted

Instead of clouding over like yesterday, the sun has shone most of the afternoon for long spells. It's starting to cloud over now so we have reached our maximum.

That is 25.3c

Great for lounging about in but very warm to do outside things as I have been doing. A bit uncomfortably warm today

Posted

Touch over 21'C in the garden, wall to wall sunshine and occasionally gusty wind - great day for the washing!

Posted

Nice and warm here as well. Where is that storm heading? Looks like it's heading towards the central belt to me.

Posted

Cloud hasn't spoilt the day as I expected it to. Super afternoon

Posted

Lovely day here in NE Fife too. Sea breeze kept temperatures to 17c but very pleasant in the bright sunshine.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

well the last couple of days have been decent after it cooling off for a while got the polmont station just down the road back online and it got to 22.2c yesterday and with unbroken sunshine today it topped out at 25.7c hopefully it will last another few days so I can keep getting on with my garden as I'm hoping by the end of this summer I will have a maintenance free garden the bark chippings get delivered tomorrow so spent most of today getting the front garden weed free ready to start getting it laid out and hopefully the rest of the summer will play ball and come autumn all I will have to do garden wise is cut the grass happy days lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

tonight the CPC 500mb charts are showing an interesting set up more so once we get to the 8-14 day range and if we were to see a similar pattern set up at sea level then we could see winds from an easterly direction and dominantly dry up here.

below is the CPC 500mb 6-10 day and 8-14 day

post-18233-0-13270200-1404255207_thumb.gpost-18233-0-64647300-1404255207_thumb.g

now if we look at the 8-10 day range from both the ECM and GFS below is the 0z run and the 12z runs and we can see clearly the CPC are siding with the GFS over the ECM which has went a totally different direction through the day.

post-18233-0-87063900-1404255193_thumb.gpost-18233-0-58960800-1404255206_thumb.g

the GFS then goes on to its 11 day at both 500mb and 700mb looking promising

post-18233-0-90043900-1404255249_thumb.gpost-18233-0-27785100-1404255250_thumb.g

now none of the models go in this direction yet on the set up we see but we have time for that to change if we were to see something like this and if we do really manage it in the 7 and 8 day range the GFS has some pretty good temps building over eastern Europe and western Russia also Scandinavia which we could possibly tap in to.

post-18233-0-46327400-1404255261_thumb.ppost-18233-0-85781400-1404255280_thumb.p

although as we all know it could go a totally different way but just one to watch.

Posted

Cloudy and windy. There goes the good start to the week

Posted

Another excellent drying day: 20'C, very blustery winds and occasional sunny spells.