Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Got to garden a bit today with dutch hoe as weeds here are taking over as well,lovely sunny start to the day but later this afternoon  it clouded over and it got very humid again so will get the fan out to sleep again as this old farmhouse is just the complete opposite in summer were it seems to retain the daytime heat especially upstairs. 

A little bit of this woud help  to ease the heat rash https://twitter.com/hashtag/lapland?src=hash Midsummer?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Chances of Snow for the Highlands showing this morning for the 25th.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

19.4c here at the moment but, as you can see by the pic, already starting to cloud up. This may or may not pull the temps back a bit here later. Maybe another case of west being best?

post-1989-0-28105800-1402991760_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

clear skies and sun beating down this morning the polmont weather station already at 20.7c hopefully it can keep building through this afternoon and at least breach 26c hopefully more.

make that 21.5c that's a 0.8c rise in just 23 mins lets see how high we go.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

21.4c here now and cloud starting to clear. Ya never know!

Posted

21.4c here now and cloud starting to clear. Ya never know!

from looks of it cloud is moving down from the north hopefully the highlands will do the job for us and break it up keeping the sun shining it does look like its fragmenting as it moves south

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/satellite_UK_and_Ireland

Posted

Clouded over here after a sunny start. See what later on brings if anything exciting shower wise

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

21.8'C here, largely sunny with towering cumulus and a slight wind. 

Posted

23c on the weather station along in polmont and its clouded over a bit which has slowed down the rate of climb with temps a little bit but its still on the move up.

netweather 10 day forecast for me has the little lightning sign for me for 13:00 to 16:00 and 16:00 to 19:00 with 60% chance of storms so hopefully will see a little something later in the day.

Posted

23c on the weather station along in polmont and its clouded over a bit which has slowed down the rate of climb with temps a little bit but its still on the move up.

netweather 10 day forecast for me has the little lightning sign for me for 13:00 to 16:00 and 16:00 to 19:00 with 60% chance of storms so hopefully will see a little something later in the day.

The clouds here certainly seem to be growing in stature as they move south, could be interesting for yourselves later on! 

Edit: Temperature is at just under 24'C and humid as well so perfect conditions for storm growing 

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 1

Posted

Up to 23.4c here now. so you may be right guys. A storm or two would be quite welcome! :)

• Like 1

Posted

The clouds here certainly seem to be growing in stature as they move south, could be interesting for yourselves later on! 

Edit: Temperature is at just under 24'C and humid as well so perfect conditions for storm growing 

good to hear because that's the direction its coming from its just a shame your watching that knowing theres little chance of getting anything up there hopefully one day we will get a day where the whole of Scotland goes bang in a big way.

Up to 23.4c here now. so you may be right guys. A storm or two would be quite welcome! :)

yeah a storm would be nice 23.7c here and the sun has just come out again was out doing the garden as it had clouded over then the minute the sun came out things just turned instantly into a sweat fest so think i'll leave it to a little later when the sun isn't quite as strong.

Posted

good to hear because that's the direction its coming from its just a shame your watching that knowing theres little chance of getting anything up there hopefully one day we will get a day where the whole of Scotland goes bang in a big way.

Little chance today, but we've already had a storm this year so I'm happy enough - in saying that, don't want any of this as can happen due to the topography of the area! 

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Little chance today, but we've already had a storm this year so I'm happy enough - in saying that, don't want any of this as can happen due to the topography of the area! 

Posted Image

the only thing I have had all year is one crack of thunder don't even know if there was any lightning with it didn't see anything but if theres thunder there must have been some lightning. so I am hoping something can hit later even if its only an average thunder and lightning shower that we would usually see rolling around.

Posted

few things I spotted on twitter

the heat in Europe on the way out and what a difference a couple of weeks makes

post-18233-0-75902300-1403008636_thumb.ppost-18233-0-07064700-1403008638_thumb.p

hopefully this will swap again and we can get the heat building after the cool down

this from matt hugo on twitter showing the convective threat area for this afternoon and evening

Matthew Hugo â€@MattHugo81 1h

Convective threat this afternoon, especially S Uplands and down into parts of the far N of Eng...Local thunder poss. pic.twitter.com/vCo3wP8shg

post-18233-0-40095900-1403008635_thumb.p

and northernrab shown a nice pic of a little spin up inverness way this is something out of Nebraska yesterday with twin tornados

post-18233-0-92163000-1403008638_thumb.p

which then went on to both gang up and rip a town to pieces

post-18233-0-33539800-1403008639_thumb.j

Posted

which then went on to both gang up and rip a town to pieces

I've seen three in my life up here, but fortunately nothing as fierce as that - in saying that, one I saw just off the A9 in 2008 looked like it was coming straight for the road, not a nice feeling. 

Touch under 25'C now so the hottest day of the year so far. 

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 1

Posted

I've seen three in my life up here, but fortunately nothing as fierce as that - in saying that, one I saw just off the A9 in 2008 looked like it was coming straight for the road, not a nice feeling. 

Touch under 25'C now so the hottest day of the year so far. 

I've only ever seen one little spin up a few years ago think it was 2009 when I stayed in Kirkcaldy.

yeah I wouldn't like to see one coming for me it would be a follow through situation luckily though we don't really have to deal with all that much dangerous stuff when it comes to weather compared to other parts of the world.

25.3c on the polmont station which is hotter than yesterday as it only reached 24.8c so hottest day here as well the stirling one is only sat at 24c which is weird you would think with a northerly flow stirling would be pretty sheltered but it could just be cloud amounts or I even wonder if in a northerly flow stirling might get some colder air falling off the hills and just pegging things back a little we will see how they both max out later though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

Met Office just published an advisory for heavy thundery showers from 3pm for Central and Southern Scotland.

• Like 1

Posted

couple more things from matt hugo on twitter

Matthew Hugo â€@MattHugo81 8m

EC seasonal model updated today, similar from previous; weak signal for higher pressure through rest of the summer/temps slightly above avg

and good to see I am not the only one with one eye on winter already

Matthew Hugo â€@MattHugo81 8m

For Oct/Nov/Dec as a whole it signals higher pressure over Scandinavia. That would get all 'cold fans' off to a good start if it verifies.

of course October through December is a long way off and will probably change but its good to have some encouragement and some reasonable news at this point

EDIT: high for today so far now 26.3c

showers now starting to fire on radar around Dundee and east fife.

Posted

Yeah, we reached 25.2c max. Cloud coming in now though. First time we couldn't take the dogs out this year as we thought it was a bit too hot. They have just slept around for most of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Its been pretty cloudy here with breaks to let the sun through. Very warm and humid. The clouds are now starting to build and look interesting. Poor old dogs too warm and doesn't know what to do with himself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

25.5C and still climbing! Hottest day of the year by a few degrees!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Currently at 25c after a peak of 25.7c at 3:30. I'd put today in the 'very warm' category just about

Posted

Maxed out at 25.4'C here as too much cloud rolled in with a wind picking up "ruining" what could have been a truly hot afternoon - still absolutely lovely, humid and got lots of work done in the garden. The GFS has changed its tune somewhat this afternoon in lessening the influence of the feature moving down from Scandinavia while maintaining stronger heights over Scotland so a good development! 

Posted

Downpour inbound I think! Let's hope it turns electrical! It might just pass to the east bit looks nice