Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Similar here, was 17c at 9am but has only risen a further degree to 18c. Perfectly pleasant though in a westerly breeze - may see 20c this afternoon.

Outlook is decent though coastal Eastern Scotland may see rather more in the way of cloud and cooler weather at times due to onshore breezes. West looks best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Yet another day with a high of over 20'C, largely cloudy today though with occasional spells of warm sunshine. Looking forward the set up is looking promising! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Cracking day today, just a few splashes this morning, feels round about 20c, warmer in direct sun. Hope this holds for the weekend, cycling and climbing in Attadale and Skye on saturday through till Monday.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Surprisingly warm start to the day, 17.3c currently with sunshine. Feeling warm. These next 10 days or so (prediction is for high pressure nearby) should help dry out the ground after a very wet few days.Do the Met Office under do temperatures for your locations? I realise there has been a thread created for this elsewhere. Just the forecast was for 18c so only 0.7 to go and it's not 11 o'clock... Should make 20 againEDIT: dark clouds have popped up so maybe showers will hit... Pegging the temperature back, we'll see...

I think the temps the met office put out and what goes into the telly forecasts is just the minimum temp they expect it may get to that day as from what I remember all my life it always seems to get a little hotter than what is put out in the forecast more especially on sunnier days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Agreed BUS.

To my west cloudy say 18c

Here it's patchy sunshine 21c and where I've been this afternoon is the east of Dumfries which was far warmer due to tatal sunshine. I'd estimate 22-23c. Slight breeze stopping it climbing further. Perfect summer weather.

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted

Much better day with just one heavy shower at lunctime but sunny all afternoon .Ground drying up

Posted

Still 20c at 9:30pm... Not bad

Posted

Agreed BUS.To my west cloudy say 18cHere it's patchy sunshine 21c and where I've been this afternoon is the east of Dumfries which was far warmer due to tatal sunshine. I'd estimate 22-23c. Slight breeze stopping it climbing further. Perfect summer weather.

I don't know what my temp was today as don't have a weather station but I have 2 that I check online one is for stirling which got to 19.3c today and the other one is for polmont which is roughly the same distance in the opposite direction probably a little closer and that got to 21.5c today some of that might be due to where they are placed but if not that's a decent temp variation for a relatively close distance.

might be the variation like that which causes them to go with the lower number in the forecast as nobody in summer is ever disappointed if its hotter than forecast but if it was constantly 2 or 3 degrees lower than forecast people would be going mental at getting told it was gonna be 21c and it turned out to be 18c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well that was a decent day - warm, only one light shower, & enough wind to keep the wee flying fcks down most of the day. They're at the back door just now though :help:

Posted

Fair point. Yes, it depends on your own micro-climate I suppose. My house is sheltered from almost all sides, so cooler at night in winter, warmer in summer during the day.

Also, I have a hill so in the winter, less sunlight after about 2pm therefore colder.

They do have to be cautious. However, it is frequently underplayed, whether that be winter cold or summer heat

Posted

I am wondering about the extent of cloud cover in the coming week with the high being to the west, chances for substantial parts of our east coast to be fairly cloudy, still useable days but it seems that west may be best. Just looking at the model thread and they are jigging he high about a bit until later on its slap bang over us. Interesting times coming up I think.

• Like 1

Posted

Fairly cloudy here in Alloa this morning, but the air still smells nice and fresh and its a good useable day.

Posted

If you do live near the east coast next week may not be that great tbh.

Better in the west, NW highlands should do well for example.

Currently 18.6c but nowhere near as sunny as yesterday and as a result feeling cooler but it's still decent nonetheless

Posted

heres how all the models see things on Tuesday afternoon

ECM

post-18233-0-78756300-1402575246_thumb.g

GEM

post-18233-0-13676900-1402575364_thumb.ppost-18233-0-67247900-1402575364_thumb.p

GFS

post-18233-0-17162700-1402575365_thumb.ppost-18233-0-86951000-1402575387_thumb.ppost-18233-0-38118700-1402575388_thumb.ppost-18233-0-87122300-1402575388_thumb.p

UKMO

post-18233-0-29830900-1402575392_thumb.gpost-18233-0-78300500-1402575391_thumb.g

NAVGEM

post-18233-0-81261800-1402575389_thumb.ppost-18233-0-31545100-1402575390_thumb.ppost-18233-0-81821700-1402575390_thumb.ppost-18233-0-26887900-1402575391_thumb.p

JMA

post-18233-0-36201100-1402575389_thumb.g

all have high pressure over head or close to by the west of us.

the GFS 500mb for day 11 also has high pressure over us so models want it to stick around

post-18233-0-82368100-1402575468_thumb.g

also the CPC 6-10 day 500mb forecast goes for high just off to our west which reading the discussion is in agreement with the ECM

post-18233-0-97696600-1402575467_thumb.g

then the CPC 8-14 day 500mb forecast has the high moved more over top of us which agrees with the GFS 500mb chart but from reading the discussion it is based on a share of the GFS and ECM so must be good agreement coming from the models out to these days

post-18233-0-45195300-1402575468_thumb.g

interesting times ahead with high pressure looking to take charge will just need to see if it does come off like this and if it does how long will it last.

hopefully the rest of summer then we can get the BBQ's out and of course  :drunk:

• Like 4

Posted

that's a good thing to see for a change hopefully we will be able to get some highest daily maxima north of the border for a change

post-18233-0-30628400-1402603482_thumb.p

hopefully the CFS 18z is on to something for next month as well although it will change next run its still a good thought

post-18233-0-72878300-1402608840_thumb.p

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Bit over 18'C here today, cloudy and dry - the first day in quite some time that we're unlikely to go above 20'C. The outlook is comforting though, some potentially very good early summer weather to come - combined with the longest days of the year and being on holiday - it's safe to say I'll be in the garden most evenings accompanied by some alcohol!  :drinks:

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 1

Posted

20.5c here today, forecast was for light rain and 18c whereas it's been dry all day if rather cloudy. Another day over 20c...

Forecast for next 4 days:

Is 20, 20, 20, 21 so pretty good :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

So much for the rain today. Only on for about 20mins when I was in school, other than that its been cloudy but warm and humid! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Was a bit rainy this morning and early afternoon but nothing too heavy. Sun came out around 4pm but getting cloudy again now.  Managed 19.6c so certainly wasn't cold.

Posted

well apart from a heavy shower around 3 its been a not too bad day wish it wasn't quite as warm and humid had to rip out hedges today and was sweating the nads aff quite a bit, hot weathers good when you don't have to do anything lol.

my netweather 10 day forecast is showing an overnight minimum for going into sat 21st at 0.8c surely its not going to get that cold that far into june.

don't know what exact temp I got to but the 2 weather stations locally I look at the stirling one was maximum 20.6c and the polmont one was 19.6c which is opposite to which was higher or lower the other day so it must be regional variation more than where they are placed.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Very humid here yesterday also .Got eaten  alive by midges going round cattle next to a wood. Also made it to 20c with thick mist and drizzle. Most uncomfortable day

Currently very foggy, 15c and drizzle. Always preferred cold weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

post-1989-0-96776900-1402735310_thumb.jpStatus quo here again really. Only difference at the moment is that it isn't raining. 14.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Overcast but quite bright here, 17C :)

Posted

The Met Office forecast suggested it would clear here this afternoon but it's stayed disappointingly cloudy.16c in a light easterly breeze.