Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Dyce would appear to be running +1c above average thus far: http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~brugge/CURR.html 

Well I must just be getting softer as I get older then! Been some decent sunny spells so far today, but also lots of cloud about. I was out at lunch and it didn't feel too bad, but max of only 10.9C so far so can't be considered warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well I must just be getting softer as I get older then! Been some decent sunny spells so far today, but also lots of cloud about. I was out at lunch and it didn't feel too bad, but max of only 10.9C so far so can't be considered warm.

You're not the only one. The last couple of days have made me think it's October already, then I saw the leaves on ash trees just unfurling rather than scattering, yellow, in the wind. It's a bit milder today but the warmth we had on Tuesday has knocked my thermometer right off course.

• Like 1

Posted

Another chilly day with maxima held at 10 degrees under persistant cloud cover and a stiff chilly NE breeze, hardly late springlike. The outlook is very uninspiring for late May - this can be the best time of year weatherwise in the NW quarter of the country.

Posted

You're not the only one. The last couple of days have made me think it's October already, then I saw the leaves on ash trees just unfurling rather than scattering, yellow, in the wind. It's a bit milder today but the warmth we had on Tuesday has knocked my thermometer right off course.

I definitely crave the sun, and warmth, more as I get older. I always find this time of year tough - much of Europe and North America is already regularly into >20c temps while typically we're still struggling away in the low to mid teens. Don't get me wrong, I love living in Scotland but our relatively cool, grey summers are not part of the attraction!

Dry here today but mostly cloudy, 12c in a light easterly breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Agreed, I'd like it just a bit warmer overall. Average max in July is 19.5 (Metoffice) so if you factor in 1/3 will be wet days with low temps then the majority of the month will breach 20/21c here which is pretty good

Posted

Really feels pretty chilly out there today. Not like monday was that's for sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Helluva wet start to the Sunday, tipping it down here as bands track in from the East. Yuck !

We have a solitary strike on radar too...

post-7292-0-34606200-1401005446_thumb.pn

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1

Posted

Helluva wet start to the Sunday, tipping it down here as bands track in from the East. Yuck !

We have a solitary strike on radar too...

Same here this morning feel very lucky to have got spring barley sprayed for weeds and trace elements Cu and Mn yesterday.Contract sprayer arrived yesterday morning to spray ourselves and a neighbour .I elected to go second and had a wonderfully sunny almost calm afternoon to have our crop done. First class conditions and with a self propelled sprayer capable of 50 acres to the fill and 24m booms a weather beater..

Feel bad about saying to him that it would be dry on Sunday as he has thousands of acres to do but as he is going east today the radar shows it drying up there first and last night we almost missed the rain on it.Currently misty and 8.0c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Torrential rain here and thunder somewhere, I can feel it in my head.

Posted

Some very dark skies here and calm before the storm, should be fun and games when this front rotates round.

post-7292-0-01017100-1401016818_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-65446000-1401016824_thumb.pn

Nice example of the contrast here, torrential cell incoming...

post-7292-0-22171500-1401017184_thumb.jppost-7292-0-33666600-1401017195_thumb.jp

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 2

Posted

Spectacular cloudburst here - awesome, Nice hit of Thunder too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Sky is darkening to the south and east here. Can see the tops of the front and they look really impressive. Looking good to me! :yahoo:  :clapping:  :bomb:

Posted

Against the odds it's turned into a pleasant day here. Earlier cloud has broken up to offer good sunny spells and warm enough in the garden to sit out and read. All the shower activity has missed us to the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A grey. misty morning full of light/rain drizzle has turned into an afternoon of....grey, mist and light rain/drizzle. Current temperature is 11.1C. A day for staying in rather than getting on with the 101 things that need done outside.

Luckily yesterday was dry and a bit warmer for the local kids football tournament but we only saw the very occasional burst of sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Cell to the South of Glasgow has developed quite well. Only time will tell whether it produces the good stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Monsoon!

Aye, been trying to install the wee ones new swing /  climbing frame thing. Holes needing dug...concrete put in said holes etc...large bits of timber to bolt together.

Bloody hell. One minute the sun's burning my neck, the next minute 'ka-boom' and I'm thinking an arc might be a better thing to use the wood for.

Posted

A bit of fun.Took advantage of a dry spell this afternoon to spread fertiliser on the turnip ground.Contractor turnerd up in his latest diversification Tractor hire for weddings .Understand the bride was a bit put out as there were more photos taken of the tractor than there were of her!!!!! Obviously a farming wedding!post-2744-0-61078500-1401050287_thumb.jp

Currently 8c misty and drizzle falling.

• Like 4

Posted

Just about to get pummled with another dose of rain

Posted

Very thundery with high humidity and very black clouds forming all around. Feels more like late June out there.  Currentlly 18c