Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Still feels warm here too although an looking forward to my full night also tonight.. Sadly there is no way I can stay awake for the game. Last night I did feel slightly "odd" almost ill .. Couldn't work it out last night. And on reflection I seem to get that way when ever there has been a decent storm coming. ..

Do storms make you ill Polar Bear, is that what you're saying? Or was it the humidity? I wonder if the game will be replayed tomorrow at some time! Clear blue skies here, 16.1c, already cooler than last night. It was 19.2c gone midnight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

very warm here, dry but 18oC still, cooler will be on tonight I suspect, just hope the natives here are not staying up for the football that is on at silly o'clock, I will not be that is for sure.

Posted

The dogs were a bit twitchy, and I was wondering what was going on. It was their pasta and pilchards night (for the fish oils), so they're fed. and the patio doors are open. They come in to me to suggest that I go and see Mrs stun (akip on the sofa) urgently. She grunts when prodded. If they could have pointed at the sky, I think they would have done. I check the radar. Nothing. 

20 hours ago there was a light shower here with a rumble of thunder in the distance. 

Golden Retrievers. Not the sharpest tool in the box.

Posted

Still warm here. Last night was humid as hell! It should be some 8 degrees cooler tonight! :)

No, last night was just right for our evening BBQ for my sons birthday :) But the older he gets the older I feel!

Today was a bit naff weather wise here, back to average weather again; a bit of blue sky, cloudy, passing drizzle for 5 mins etc

• Like 1

Posted

No, last night was just right for our evening BBQ for my sons birthday :) But the older he gets the older I feel!

Today was a bit naff weather wise here, back to average weather again; a bit of blue sky, cloudy, passing drizzle for 5 mins etc

Happy Birthday to your son! Great warm night for a barbie, agreed :) ! Did you manage to finish before the showers turned up, or did you miss them altogether? 14.6c tonight, with a cool breeze!

• Like 2

Posted

Well let's  hope we don't have any more warm nights, I looked through my window and there were two men in my garden using it as an escape route from something! It was only the other day when I mentioned being worried about my tree being close to my bedroom window, making it accessibly! Be careful everyone, don't leave large windows open at night! Police and a dog unit came and made sure they were gone! 14.1c tonight and cloudy!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Do storms make you ill Polar Bear, is that what you're saying? Or was it the humidity? I wonder if the game will be replayed tomorrow at some time! Clear blue skies here, 16.1c, already cooler than last night. It was 19.2c gone midnight!

Hello Lassie.. I think you are right it is probably the humidity levels. But a certain level. Felt sick n wobbly! Despite about 2 pints of water. Has happened a few times now thinking about and each time a good old storm followed. Reason I sat that is once was in France and on holiday, and another time working in brighton.. It may just be coincidence and I never think at that time ooh it is humid and a decent storm coming! Nice and cool this morn and there has been a distinct breeze. Abit cloudy though which is dissapointing for a Sunday! ;)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well let's  hope we don't have any more warm nights, I looked through my window and there were two men in my garden using it as an escape route from something! It was only the other day when I mentioned being worried about my tree being close to my bedroom window, making it accessibly! Be careful everyone, don't leave large windows open at night! Police and a dog unit came and made sure they were gone! 14.1c tonight and cloudy!

Oh how frightening.. Maybe get some of that special paint to put on the tree which makes it sticky and slippery? also ok for the tree. You are right and good point about leaving windows open.. Bedroom windows over porches too give perfect features to clamber up into the house. Think about where the windows are! :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning campers

Another mild night here, not cool/cold that is for sure, still dry but cloudy and dull, 15.1oC out in the shed.

Posted

Its cold and grey here got to get the jumper out this morning what a change

Blimey, must be because your location is closer to the east coast than here, it is not scorchio I will admit here, but not cold either, in fact it just passed 16oC in the shed.

Posted

Happy Birthday to your son! Great warm night for a barbie, agreed :) ! Did you manage to finish before the showers turned up, or did you miss them altogether? 14.6c tonight, with a cool breeze!

No showers here, which meant I had to water the garden yesterday and whilst doing it the skies opened up for drizzle. Hubby said I looked a right numpty watering in the rain. But I'm at an age where I don't care.

That's always worrying. We back onto an very small open park and have that happen. 

A few years ago I was woken by the helicopter overhead, got up to see what was happening and heard a noise and voices down the side of the building. Several police running down the side with dogs, straight into my garden and behind the compost bins they found the person they were looking for.

All I could think of was don't tread on the butternut squashes!

Your window reminder made me look around and I went to sleep with 3 top ones open in the living room, a small one in the hall, 2 larger ones in the kitchen, small one in the bathroom and small one in our bedroom. Hardly saying please try and get into our home! 

• Like 1

Posted

Used to have a problem with "uninvited" people in the back garden here, now the gang meeting area near by is being built on that seems to no longer be the issue.

Posted

And I keeps all doors locked, even when I am in as well as windows, only when I am in the room are they open, I have the cooler unit for the bedroom instead of big windows open (all have locks on them and the key kept safe so when I do have the tiny window open at night no one could reach in and open one of the bigger ones).

Feeling slightly fresher out than late but not cold by any standard.

• Like 1

Posted

normal day here on the homestead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Normal 'after the storm' murk and drizzle. Started as I hung my washing out.

Posted

Oh how frightening.. Maybe get some of that special paint to put on the tree which makes it sticky and slippery? also ok for the tree. You are right and good point about leaving windows open.. Bedroom windows over porches too give perfect features to clamber up into the house. Think about where the windows are! :)

Thanks for the advice Polar Bear, never knew you could get paint like that! :)  Large bedroom windows over porches should be shut as it is easy to get to them, agree with you there! I have got a large fan, hopefully it won't just blow warm air at me during hot/humid spells! Won't be leaving the large window open for a while! It was a bit of a shock to see two strangers jumping into my garden, it was only 12.45am, I am usually in the garden at that time trying to get the cat indoors!

No showers here, which meant I had to water the garden yesterday and whilst doing it the skies opened up for drizzle. Hubby said I looked a right numpty watering in the rain. But I'm at an age where I don't care.

That's always worrying. We back onto an very small open park and have that happen. 

A few years ago I was woken by the helicopter overhead, got up to see what was happening and heard a noise and voices down the side of the building. Several police running down the side with dogs, straight into my garden and behind the compost bins they found the person they were looking for.

All I could think of was don't tread on the butternut squashes!

Your window reminder made me look around and I went to sleep with 3 top ones open in the living room, a small one in the hall, 2 larger ones in the kitchen, small one in the bathroom and small one in our bedroom. Hardly saying please try and get into our home! 

Hi tadpole! If it stayed as only drizzle, then that's not enough for the garden and you were right to water! If you live next to an open space, that's even worse isn't it! Inconsiderate so and so's, they tread on anything, trying to get away, just missed my plants! They both saw me but still came into my garden right up to the windows, to get to the lowest part of the fence, to get away, which was a bit frightening! I can't believe someone was hiding behind your compost bins! Were the butternut squashes okay? :) Wow that was a lot of windows you left open! Small ones high up are okay, the downstairs ones are a bit risky! :) 

Weatherwise, had some drizzle this morning, but much fresher outside today! 18.6c at the moment, was 27c a couple of days ago!

• Like 2

Posted

dull but mild and calm here, which is fine by me as it is calm and dry.

Posted

Hi tadpole! If it stayed as only drizzle, then that's not enough for the garden and you were right to water! If you live next to an open space, that's even worse isn't it! Inconsiderate so and so's, they tread on anything, trying to get away, just missed my plants! They both saw me but still came into my garden right up to the windows, to get to the lowest part of the fence, to get away, which was a bit frightening! I can't believe someone was hiding behind your compost bins! Were the butternut squashes okay? :) Wow that was a lot of windows you left open! Small ones high up are okay, the downstairs ones are a bit risky! :)

Weatherwise, had some drizzle this morning, but much fresher outside today! 18.6c at the moment, was 27c a couple of days ago!

Yep the BNS were fine  :) Bit much them coming so close to you goes to show they do it regularly.

I've been a good tadpole and gone round closing the windows tonight.

Weather wise it's been a bit of a washout today back to boring gray skies and neither hot nor cold so I cleaned the car and even that didn't bring any rain :unknw:  it usually does.

Oh well, the warm sunny days were nice while they lasted. I just hope last week wasn't summer.

Is JP away? I miss his weather updates

• Like 1

Posted

Yep the BNS were fine  :) Bit much them coming so close to you goes to show they do it regularly.

I've been a good tadpole and gone round closing the windows tonight.

Weather wise it's been a bit of a washout today back to boring gray skies and neither hot nor cold so I cleaned the car and even that didn't bring any rain :unknw:  it usually does.

Oh well, the warm sunny days were nice while they lasted. I just hope last week wasn't summer.

Is JP away? I miss his weather updates

Yes, they were not frightened, they must do this regularly that's for sure! Only took the Police 15minutes to arrive! :whistling: Good that you have closed your windows, it is actually pretty cool tonight! :) If that individual stepped on your BNS, I'd hate to think what would've happened to him! :laugh: 13.5c tonight, partly cloudy!

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all

Another cloudy one here, but dry, calm and mild(ish)

Posted

Lack of exciting weather during the Zombie Apocalypse ! The survivers are watching the world cup! 17.5c here, breezy, cool overcast!

• Like 2

Posted

Just been out to the local shop and it is just about t-shirt weather here, if the sun came out it would be very nice, at least it remains dry for now.

Posted

Light rain here now, nothing much, had to wait until I started to wash the outside of the windows though.