Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Can someone explain to me why we are in the Lvl 2 alert from Estofex, but people are saying theres no chance? Furthermore of we may see something is that likely to be in the evening?

You're not in the level 2, you're a bout 10-20 miles outside it ;)

For Kent, it seems the best chances will be later tonight, while for the rest of the region, there's the chance of convection kicking-off now the cloud has cleared.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

:closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/27754336 Looking dry for the rest of the week, after the possible storms/showers, this afternoon, evening, night/early hours tommorrow/whenever! Although the bbc weather for nw london, has this part staying dry throughout! No rain for a week, damn it, the garden needs it!

Posted

Good news everybody :p

The sun is out! HOT HOT

Posted

Forecasts still mentioning the storm threat - 8pm onwards

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted

Forecasts still mentioning the storm threat - 8pm onwards

Roughly in line with MetO, but they have it a bit further West before swinging out to the East.

Posted

Going black to my south! Huge anvils as well :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

scorchio again today here after a rather warm and sleepless night feeling a tad tired/drained due to the heat, 25.2oC in the shed at present with little cloud breaking the sunshine and not much of a breeze to go with it.

Posted

Rick Mayall is dead! :shok: 27.5c here still!

Very sad news only 56.

raining here for the last 20 mins or so no light show nor rumbles.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Gettng dark! 

R.I.P Rick Mayall

:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Is there anyone from Lincolnshire on Netweather?  They're currently getting a battering, yet their regional thread hasn't had a new post for over a week! :cc_confused:

Posted

Is there anyone from Lincolnshire on Netweather?  They're currently getting a battering, yet their regional thread hasn't had a new post for over a week! :cc_confused:

Perhaps they have all been struck by lightning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

My mistake - it was one of the old regional threads which has now been locked.  It appears that they're in the Midlands, Wales and SW thread.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted

im in spalding south lincolnshire nothing here but nice looking clouds developing lincoln is about 45 min drive from me and sleaford about 30min they have had good storm with localised flooding and marble size hail

• Like 1

Posted

Storms seem to be developing in the channel and heading North ,but i bet the evaporate as soon as they reach the south coast,here's hoping.

Good afternoon folks. I don't visit or post on this topic much these days but thought I would throw in a quick report from my temporary location here in Fairlight/Hastings, East Sussex.

What Fulham Snow describes in his post is a pretty accurate assessment of what I witnessed this afternoon.

Earlier this afternoon I sat on the seafront at Hastings and above me were mostly blue skies. Looking out to sea I could see the towers building over the French Coast, with a promising sign that they were rapidly heading our way.

I drove to the Firehills for a better viewpoint.

By the time I completed the 15 minute drive to the Firehills they were shrouded with a dull drizzly murk, and the temperature had dropped from 22c to 14c.

The sun is out again now so hopefully still a chance of some convection later, but I fear the South East is doomed to miss out despite all the promising signs from a few days ago. Still an outside chance for later today though hopefully.

Good luck to all, especially those who wish for storms and still regularly visit and post on this regional thread.

BB54

• Like 1

Posted

Bloody hot today, my house is like a sauna. Now need to look on developments regarding Storms :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely summers afternoon here, 26C in a light southerly wind. Not bad considering it was cloudy until early afternoon. Cloud starting to thicken up again now.

Some Thunderstorms would be nice though  :pardon:

Edited by Captain shortwave