Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Having trouble sleeping, the first real warm night of the summer, 16.8c at 3.38am and my fan is blowing warm air at me! Want to open my large window but it is right next to my hazelnut tree and I don't want a burglar climbing it and entering my bedroom whilst I sleep! :ninja: :ninja: :shok: ! Could happen, I suppose!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, lots of sunshine here and really warm already. Some quite impressive cloud structures.

Got high hopes for today. The hi-res models are showing a lot of heat and humidity down here along with high cape values. We also have an estofex level 1 (almost level 2) to boot. Good chance of seeing something brew up during the day. Cambridgeshire northwards to Lincolnshire looks the best bet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey skies here, wasn't expecting that and looks like loads more cloud pumping up towards us. Shame as some sun would really help storm chances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yeah what happened to the nice sunny morning we were forecast? Totally grey in Essex though very warm, 20C at 8am under cloud cover, could be a scorcher if the sun makes an appearance

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

That's if this cloud ever shifts! France has an MCS ( I know, already?) and we've got the northern end of cloud from it.  :angry:

Someone posted on the convective thread that the latest MO run show temps and precip struggling to get going over the SE now, we need a big fan to get rid of the clouds!!!!!, so much for an early start to the surface heating  :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just looking out of the office window, some of that high cloud is giving way to blue.... c'mon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That's if this cloud ever shifts! France has an MCS ( I know, already?) and we've got the northern end of cloud from it.  :angry: Someone posted on the convective thread that the latest MO run show temps and precip struggling to get going over the SE now, we need a big fan to get rid of the clouds!!!!!, so much for an early start to the surface heating  :closedeyes:

Yes that typical of recent years, our region of the UK getting all the clag and leftover rubbish from French storms whilst France gets slammed again and again. Though there is quite a lot of blue sky and the temps and humidity levels are responding, unless storms start developing further W in France then we ain't seeing anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Just looking out of the office window, some of that high cloud is giving way to blue.... c'mon!!

The sun has at last come out here (11.00 hours) so hopefully we will get a heat build up and convection to get going. It certainly felt very humid earlier under the cloud cover.Kind RegardsDave Edited by claret047

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I think there's a low chance of storms tonight/early hours in the south east, had lots of alto cumulus today which we didn't have on Friday and also plenty of mackeral skies this evening!

Better chance than Fri/Sat

There we go! Who needs experts when the weather conditions favoured storms

5am we had a thunderstorm :)

Posted

There we go! Who needs experts when the weather conditions favoured storms

5am we had a thunderstorm :)

Does that mean you'll stop complaining now?  :laugh:  (Meant in the nicest possible way)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Does that mean you'll stop complaining now?  :laugh:  (Meant in the nicest possible way)

Only if forecasters keep making mistakes :)

Get it right = Well done

Get it wrong = I'll let you know :p

Posted

Only if forecasters keep making mistakes :)

Get it right = Well done

Get it wrong = I'll let you know :p

On the whole, they do a very decent job, I think you're quite harsh on them!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

clouding over here, quite a strong breeze , feels warm and humid too. can see clouds building, but if anything heads my way is yet to be seen.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

That's if this cloud ever shifts! France has an MCS ( I know, already?) and we've got the northern end of cloud from it.  :angry:

Someone posted on the convective thread that the latest MO run show temps and precip struggling to get going over the SE now, we need a big fan to get rid of the clouds!!!!!, so much for an early start to the surface heating  :closedeyes:

It happens time and time again, we end up with the dreggy, mucky morning whilst areas further north are clear and free to navigate. Seeing "possible MCS" makes me want to punch something...

• Like 1

Posted

Still dull and murky, not a pleasant day at all really, very warm with high humidity and no breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone checked those storms in Netherlands? they are right turners!!!I called in sick at work today, lets hope it wasn't in vain! 

Posted

Following them easier but sat24 seems be have crashed. Any other link?

I can see blue skies to my west now, hopefully should clear the haze away and give us a nice evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can someone explain to me why we are in the Lvl 2 alert from Estofex, but people are saying theres no chance? Furthermore of we may see something is that likely to be in the evening?