Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just rushed out to get the washing off the line I put there earlier  :crazy: . Still, clear and cool outside. And the washing wasn't even dry :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Oh the irony.........Posted ImageIMAG0108.jpg

Yes, I happened to be watching and saw this on the screen, amazing lightning fork. Wished they showed what the weather was doing more than the uncomfortable presenters trying to fill in the match delay/time. They showed heavy rain not long after.

Edited by cloudsabove
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

A bright sunny one here, feeling rather warm even inside out of the sun in the shade, not much of a breeze and looking SW a few minutes ago could not see a single cloud. 19.7oC in the shed and it is not in the sun either.

No signs of anything over night, be it rain or storms, here, which is a shame we called off the car boot for this morning, oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, gloriously sunny here, looks great for today, maybe an isolated heavy shower but that's all. Temperatures could hit 25C somewhere today. Maybe even higher tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

did anyone here get anything yesterday other than rain with the odd rumble or two? and it is certainly not feeling any fresher today, if anything it is feeling warmer.

Think your right Matt, today could see some high temps being seen and next week is not looking too bad either with temps in double digits most of the time day and night for our region if recent GFS output is anything to go by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I got 2mm of rain from the "Thunderstorms" and one distant rumble of thunder, so I can't complain! :laugh: Not heard of anyone getting any 'proper' storms, well not in London anyway and it does feel very muggy still. Thought it was meant to feel fresher today!

• Like 2

Posted

Glorious morning here, with a bit of convection. No more than a couple of rumbles and ten minutes' rain here yesterday, either. I was woken by what I thought might be rain at about 5, but it was just the fridge defrosting itself.

Posted

22.9oC in the shed now and not even reached the peak of the day yet.  Bit more cloud now but still plenty of sunny intervals, quite still and feeling close to being humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, gloriously sunny here, looks great for today, maybe an isolated heavy shower but that's all. Temperatures could hit 25C somewhere today. Maybe even higher tomorrow.

It's 24C already at Gravesend and 23C down here in Benfleet. Just some fair weather cloud drifting around now. Could get close to the warmest day of the year :)

Posted

In the kitchen baking again so rather toasty in there even with the doors and windows open.  24.2oC out in the shed now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Warmest day of the year so far here in Benfleet, max recorded this year was 24.8c, hit 25.2c just ten minutes ago :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted Image

1-4am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

BBC forecast looking good for the South and Eastern England.

Getting warm and humid overnight from the South with some rain or storms tomorrow into Tuesday.

Temps all week low to mid twenties.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Amazing weather here today. Mainly wall to wall sunshine, very warm with a nice breeze.

Tomorrow looks even hotter :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely day here with long sunny spells, a few fair weather cumulus and very pretty cirrus passing by. Currently 24C with a moderate S-SW breeze.

Posted

Cloudy here now, some rather dark clouds too, but still very warm and feeling still in the calm non-breeze, 23.1oC in the shed right now.

Posted

sun is back out now, and retired to the cooler lounge with a small cool breeze blowing through the house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I came across something peculiar and quite sad yesterday on my way back from Southampton, I was driving down the M3 on the fast lane when all of a sudden a mother and her ducklings walked into the fast lane!! Lucky I was able to swerve them but to make it all the way across to the fast lane in quite busy traffic was a quite a feat, unfortunately they still had the other side to navigate so I would imagine that they didn't make it. Quite sad really, it ruined my day.I was awoken at about 7am yesterday to distant rumbles of thunder, I watched the small storm pass to my west with intermittent distant thunder, I decided to go back to sleep for a few hours but I was awoken again at 8:15 to more distant rumbles of thunder but this time they were a lot more frequent, the storm didn't hit until about 8:45 and I could still hear the thunder at 9:30, It was a nice wake up for once. Glad I was down there.26.4c right now, it feels really nice, not that humid though.

Posted

23.1C perfect temperture for relaxing out in the garden, I do recall the possibility of storms for the SE overnight :)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

still hanging on to 23.1oC here, cloud also still cropping up but no rain, storms or much of a breeze.  Not complaining, been sat out in the garden with a beer, home made quiche and a book.

Posted

Cloudy here now, some rather dark clouds too, but still very warm and feeling still in the calm non-breeze, 23.1oC in the shed right now.

Same here mate - cloud rolling in now. Off out in a bit to the pub for our Sunday lunch... Bloody typical. Was looking forward to a Sunday roast sitting in the garden with the sun beaming down.

Posted

Same here mate - cloud rolling in now. Off out in a bit to the pub for our Sunday lunch... Bloody typical. Was looking forward to a Sunday roast sitting in the garden with the sun beaming down.

It is more sun than cloud so you may get lucky :)

Posted

Just seen your last post. Hopefully it will come out again... Ha
  • Like 1

Posted

23.1C perfect temperture for relaxing out in the garden, I do recall the possibility of storms for the SE overnight :)

I certainly hope so, though the bbc graphics are definitely showing some bias towards Belgium (as usual) :p