Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Got totally soaked helping my friend at the one day event. And walking the course got treated to some spectacular cloud formation.. Doesn't show so well I don't think in the photo maybe but impressive. After we walked back the heavens opened with some good lightning.. Slightly worrying though when you are stuck out in the middle of a field with trees n things. Then after we finished back to the yard in glorious sunshine! Not quite as humid though as it was at 630am this morn!post-2094-0-26061400-1402148691_thumb.jppost-2094-0-26061400-1402148691_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Got totally soaked helping my friend at the one day event. And walking the course got treated to some spectacular cloud formation.. Doesn't show so well I don't think in the photo maybe but impressive. After we walked back the heavens opened with some good lightning.. Slightly worrying though when you are stuck out in the middle of a field with trees n things. Then after we finished back to the yard in glorious sunshine! Not quite as humid though as it was at 630am this morn!Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

Interesting skies, certainly impressive and you can see it well enough in your photo! Sunny skies here now too, after the storms this morning.

Edited by cloudsabove

Posted

Interesting skies, certainly impressive and you can see it well enough in your photo! Sunny skies here now too, after the storms this morning.

Oh good.. Can't remember the name of them.. Ill have to look it up. Here's another.

post-2094-0-87849800-1402150381_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Got totally soaked helping my friend at the one day event. And walking the course got treated to some spectacular cloud formation.. Doesn't show so well I don't think in the photo maybe but impressive. After we walked back the heavens opened with some good lightning.. Slightly worrying though when you are stuck out in the middle of a field with trees n things. Then after we finished back to the yard in glorious sunshine! Not quite as humid though as it was at 630am this morn!Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

Mammatus?

Nice photo.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Mammatus? Nice photo.

Think you are probably right. Thanks . :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Oh good.. Can't remember the name of them.. Ill have to look it up. Here's another.

Where was your one day event held? (used to hold them here a few years ago, loved setting up the XC courses and then taking my mare of the time over them)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Think you are probably right. Thanks . :)

Look like altostratus undulatus :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

One thing I will say is that I need to learn how to forecast storms better. An important lesson out there this afternoon. Cape values  in this region are very high (for UK standards), yet there is barely a cloud in the sky now. Though to be honest I'd take 24C and mostly clear skies for a Saturday :)

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

perfect weather to get my washing on the line without the worry of showers. Warm, sunny and a breeze.

• Like 1

Posted

Where was your one day event held? (used to hold them here a few years ago, loved setting up the XC courses and then taking my mare of the time over them)

It was Tweseldown today. Typical weather lovely later. Last week was Farley Hall. How lovely for you on your doorstep. Do you still do them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A few distant rumbles, a couple of splodges of rain...Oh dear!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A few distant rumbles, a couple of splodges of rain...Oh dear!

Is the Triangle of doom still proving difficult to get exciting weather then  :rofl:

Posted

A warm muggy day. Took the lad up to the Brunel running track to prepare for a Special Olympics athletics event in Eastbourne tomorrow, and it felt very hot, car temp showing 22 degrees.

Not weather-related really, but here is a pic of a chap in Kingston who, when I took it, had been standing on his head for 24 minutes!

post-8993-0-82805800-1402163778_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Is the Triangle of doom still proving difficult to get exciting weather then  :rofl:

Of course!

Posted

It was Tweseldown today. Typical weather lovely later. Last week was Farley Hall. How lovely for you on your doorstep. Do you still do them?

I try and keep up with the Nag & Dog these days, no longer a horse owner myself after my last mare died, still follow the equestrian sports (except racing) when I can, and still in the family, my sister and parents have horses and ponies.  The local farm we used for hosting on is now in new private hands and no longer a working farm sadly.

Warm and sunny here still, my cockatieal is going mental in the kitchen as I have left the doors and windows open for him.

Posted

male cockatiel is driving me nuts now, may have to shut the doors and windows.

Posted

Ah bless you Jax.. Sorry to hear you lost your mare..:( Yep I don't compete as lost my boy two years ago but still ride my friends to keep him fit for eventing and then go with her to help... Up at 6am this morn.. . That cockerel sounds like is very pleased with himself! Wonder if he can hear the storms coming? Are there any more en route?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

4 rumbles of thunder and a couple of downpours around 10.30ish this morning. Cloud broke up around midday, and since then it has been a fantastic summers day.

Posted

Ah bless you Jax.. Sorry to hear you lost your mare.. :( Yep I don't compete as lost my boy two years ago but still ride my friends to keep him fit for eventing and then go with her to help... Up at 6am this morn.. . That cockerel sounds like is very pleased with himself! Wonder if he can hear the storms coming? Are there any more en route?

shame, gelding I guess?  glad your still riding, been a couple of years now that I have been out of the saddle, miss doing XC and Dressage with a bit of jumping in there for fun, used to spend days like today out on solo hacks.

Posted

shame, gelding I guess?  glad your still riding, been a couple of years now that I have been out of the saddle, miss doing XC and Dressage with a bit of jumping in there for fun, used to spend days like today out on solo hacks.

Yep gelding! Get back out there Jax.. Perfect for the weather watching! :)

Posted

Yep gelding! Get back out there Jax.. Perfect for the weather watching! :)

I want too :)

• Like 1

Posted

What a stunning evening tonight. Clear blue (holiday) skies, a bright sun, hardly no breeze and warmth. Quality...

Just watching the footie now. The game has been suspended for 30 mins due to an electric storm..... Hisssss rubbing salt into our poor wounds....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

What a stunning evening tonight. Clear blue (holiday) skies, a bright sun, hardly no breeze and warmth. Quality... Just watching the footie now. The game has been suspended for 30 mins due to an electric storm..... Hisssss rubbing salt into our poor wounds....

Oh the irony.........post-9147-0-12877900-1402176305_thumb.jp
  • Like 7

Posted

Oh the irony.........Posted ImageIMAG0108.jpg

Great timing to get that picture mate :-)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Great timing to get that picture mate :-)

Heh heh , the wonders of sky +
  • Like 2