Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Beautiful sunset tonight after a mostly sunny day with plenty of cloud also, but in a pleasant way.

Some pics from the garden a few minutes ago:

post-8993-0-41993100-1401999674_thumb.jppost-8993-0-63483500-1401999696_thumb.jp

Plus after last night's storm, I took some pics of the 'sky of two halves' - raining above me with blue sky seemingly only yards away as I walked - or rather splashed - to pick up my son from trampolining:

post-8993-0-04693900-1401999765_thumb.jppost-8993-0-85222400-1401999796_thumb.jppost-8993-0-38501900-1401999829_thumb.jp

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted

Evening all, lovely pleasant day here, lots of sunshine and just some fair weather cloud.

So Saturday, not sure how things will go as at the moment I think we might be in a different situation to most of the UK, the front won't bother us until late on. So any showers might end up being home grown ahead of the front. 

My thinking, West cambridgeshire/Norfolk will see the highest chance of thunderstorms, these potentially severe in nature (so large hail, strong winds).

Somewhere in the London/Cambridge area will break the 80F mark on Saturday.

If that isn't enough then Monday could see us doing it all again, and in my opinion might see the better chance of night-time imports from France.

I hope so Captain ( and as you are in SW, Norfolk has a better chance :-)  )

I fear that it will run west of me, but I should see some lovely skyscapes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm making things worse as I'm in Benfleet this coming weekend (though I'm in Chelmsford on Saturday so maybe a chance there).

Posted Image

Impressive maximum temperatures, with all the hype there is a chance we could bag the warmest day of the year so far.

Now whilst I covered homegrown stuff, what hasn't been covered is the potential for imports (like what the west will see Saturday morning)

Now here is the surface and mid-level charts for Saturday evening

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seriously impressive amounts of Cape, now if we can drag up some storms from France then we could see a serious lightshow. It's a big if and this model is actually showing a large percentage of East Anglia with a grand total of 0mm of rain (oddly on the European viewpoint there is around 20-30mm)

So the question is, are you feeling lucky :p

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I fear Bedford is doomed for Saturday. I'm ever so loving the storm forecast for that day, although i'm sure it just needs to be updated.

I'm hoping that a cape of 2363j/Kg and an Li of -8 maybe quite good if it stays like that?

Just wondering why there isn't more warnings out there, if it could become quite bad in places. Still got the yellow in Met O but at least my light rain is now tah dah! Heavy showers.

• Like 1

Posted

CAPE values, from what I can gather from the Storm thread, have moved slightly more eastwards, which could help us.

I fear Bedford is doomed for Saturday. I'm ever so loving the storm forecast for that day, although i'm sure it just needs to be updated.

I'm hoping that a cape of 2363j/Kg and an Li of -8 maybe quite good if it stays like that?

Just wondering why there isn't more warnings out there, if it could become quite bad in places. Still got the yellow in Met O but at least my light rain is now tah dah! Heavy showers.

No more warnings yet, because, quite simply, even at this stage, you cannot be sure about where the storms could/are likely to be due to how difficult to predict they are. Updated warnings will certainly be published tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

My word, if the thunder is as loud as the sonic boom I heard earlier, I think my heart will pack up! Anyone else hear it ?

Wife told me she heard thunder today and I wondered how as no storms reported today.So after seeing your post, it makes sense now!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

CAPE values, from what I can gather from the Storm thread, have moved slightly more eastwards, which could help us.

No more warnings yet, because, quite simply, even at this stage, you cannot be sure about where the storms could/are likely to be due to how difficult to predict they are. Updated warnings will certainly be published tomorrow.

many thanks, here's hoping anyways! :D

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I am going to be in Southampton from tomorrow, Cape is not looking to good there. What a weekend I picked to sort out my house for the next renters.

Posted

I fear Bedford is doomed for Saturday. I'm ever so loving the storm forecast for that day, although i'm sure it just needs to be updated. I'm hoping that a cape of 2363j/Kg and an Li of -8 maybe quite good if it stays like that? Just wondering why there isn't more warnings out there, if it could become quite bad in places. Still got the yellow in Met O but at least my light rain is now tah dah! Heavy showers.

Quite good, you kidding? Ripe for something spectacular. Nice Photos Reefseeker.Well not much has been said about East Anglia but personally I expect it to be more rampant that a way. The situation is quite volatile. Hence the lack of definite words of Thunderstorms on the national forecasts, and so on. M25 northwards is looking sweet. Southern coasts minimal cape. Thus little activity. There has been a shift E, but nothing to be concerned, at this juncture.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Time for me to wake up weather wise I think :D  

I'm guessing that west might just be best on Saturday, that is, t'other side of the M11. My friends in Cambs have had some pretty good storms already this year, can't see it being any different at the moment. As usual it's all wait and see what happens in a couple of days!

Posted

sorry guys

no updates tonight as keyboard broken

saturday looks stormy but its how stormy is the question

also who gets what is the hard bit too

anyway monday

http://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_prognosis/PPVM89.gif?31415

that looks very interesting :-)

my system should be ok for tomorrow

anyway goodnight guys

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Seems to have been a definite downgrade for Kent overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all

Good posts in the storm thread. TIETS has a map of where he and others think the worst hit will be. Im right on the southern edge so fingers crossed we get something memorable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Morning all

Good posts in the storm thread. TIETS has a map of where he and others think the worst hit will be. Im right on the southern edge so fingers crossed we get something memorable.

Nice sunny day here, how is the pup?

Posted

A beautiful sunny day with some very high thin cloud not interfering at all with the warmth on the ground. Mixed feelings about the storm possibilities for the weekend. Haven't checked the experts' views yet in the storm thread, but I think SW London seems to be borderline for the storms. With a broken roof and no roofers available for at least a month, my love of storms is fighting with my practical side that doesn't want any rain to come pouring in. As we all know too well, these things will do what they do, and there is nothing we can do to change it.

Thanks Daniel and Snowlady for the nice comments about my sky pics. Have a nice sunny day everyone:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Nice sunny day here, how is the pup?

Hi mate,

He is doing really well thanks. Sitting on command and walking off the lead. I still cant upload a pic at work but with the pending action tomorrow i will probably be on line later so will put a pic on then.

A lovely day here in town so far, looking forward to something good tomorrow......

Posted

Not too many changes over night in regards to the South and East, but the minor changes that have occurred have put parts of the region into the firing line for some pretty decent storms tomorrow. 

Posted

Lovely day on Epsom Downs with a cooling breeze.

May get storms tomorrow but looks 50/50.

Will go to the Derby if it stays dry otherwise could be a bit dodgy with a steel tipped ummbrela.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

You never really know with convective weather, it's essentially chaotic so if things do start happening then a storm could pop up anywhere

Not really expecting much in London but keeping my hopes up, if we don't get anything at least we'll have a good hot summers day as a consolation

Posted

Anyone know any good places to go that have a great view looking south in my area??

I would go North to Epsom Downs,but maybe a bit of a battle as Derby day.

I live there so a small work.

• Like 1