Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Ergh if I hear one more person tell me we are going to have the worst hail storms in 100 years because the express said so.. im going to scream!! Any hoo hey guys and ladies hope everyone is well, weather here is grey,damp and miserable just like my mother in law :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ergh if I hear one more person tell me we are going to have the worst hail storms in 100 years because the express said so.. im going to scream!! Any hoo hey guys and ladies hope everyone is well, weather here is grey,damp and miserable just like my mother in law :)

I WOuld Recommend not giving the STory of tHeirs Any credence, and the DaILy ExpresS Talk lOads of Rubbish MoSt of the time

Are you screaming yet?  :whistling:  :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted

Is anyone else suffering from a "muggy head" today? I've got one, the wife has got one and I've just been to a chemist to pick up some painkillers and the chap there said loads of people have the same complaint today. Is there a scientific reason for this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Is anyone else suffering from a "muggy head" today? I've got one, the wife has got one and I've just been to a chemist to pick up some painkillers and the chap there said loads of people have the same complaint today. Is there a scientific reason for this?

Yes, it's widely believed that changes in Barometric pressure cause headaches, I'm a bit sensitive to pressure changes - don't tend to feel it so much over here, but definitely in the US on the big Storm days I got a horrible 'Tornado Headache'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Been a dull, damp and dismal day again here, cooler this morning but calm with little or no breeze, as the day has progressed it has started to feel a bit more humid, sign of the coming end of week high temps and potential light and noise show?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Hands up who's excited about the weekend potential!? :D

• Like 2

Posted

Hands up who's excited about the weekend potential!? :D

I am keeping my hand down, may get struck if your not careful :D

• Like 1

Posted

Bit of a breeze building here now and still raining, the breeze has cleared the air a bit too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I honestly haven't seen such a bad run of forecasting from the BBC in a while. Today it is supposed to be heavy rain all day and other than a brief couple of light showers this morning, that's been it.

Not sure what's going on, it's normally fairly reliable.

Posted

As usual the cells to my west are going to pass north of me. Not had a good storm yet this year hope to get one at the weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all

What a crap start to the day. Wet gloomy and muggy. Thankfully that all cleared by midday. This afternoon has been dry bright and quite breezy. Just walking to my local now to watch the footie and we have 80% clear skies and nice warmth from the sun. If it wasn't for the breeze it would feel a whole lot warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi - yes I have. Not so much today, but over the last few days I have really been suffering.

Posted

Finally stopped raining here, felt a tad cooler but know that after a cool day today and a coming cool night (thurs) it should jump temp wise (along with the humidity) and looking possible for a stormy Sat morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Chucking it down and very squally outside, managed two rolls of thunder and one flash of lightning as I walked home from dropping son off at trampolining with the dark skies in hot pursuit. Wish I'd got a pic of the approaching storm looming in the distance over the A3 on the way, but here are the clouds that are now delivering the wild wet stuff:

post-8993-0-67799800-1401907479_thumb.jp post-8993-0-24562600-1401907553_thumb.jp

Edit: lightning, thunder and rain continue although the wind has dropped now.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hail stones falling and gusty winds now. All the signs of a typical wintry shower in... winter! Very cold wind it is too. No thunder yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Suddenly very windy with ominous clouds in west London though it's produced nothing more than a typical light/moderate shower so far, might get a rumble if we're lucky though it looks to have weakened looking at the radar

Edited by Harps

Posted

looking  nasty  later  on for  us if  it  comes our  way,there  storms  over  London at  the moment

Posted

Just caught the eastern edge of that storm over west London, but no audible thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Don't have the energy to moan about yet another ghastly 'summers' day here, but did recently have thunder and a bit of a wild wind event lol. It's coooooold, brrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today could have been worse. Had a little sun and any rain was mainly showery. The evening has been mainly clear and fresh, not a disaster by a long way.

Warmest place in the UK.... Great Yarmouth  :rofl: