Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well things have gone downhill here. Torrential rain here after what has been a fairly decent day.

Edit still going and even heavier now. This shower is barely moving

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

After a cloudy damp start to the day here, things have pickup quite nicely. Currently we have partly cloudy skies and good sunny spells.

Posted

After sunny spells during the day, it's now as grey as a grey thing and is unexplectedly muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a nice morning with sunny spells, the afternoon soon became yet another gloom-fest with horrid dark grey skies. That just sit there doing absolutely nothing apart from blocking out some lovely sun! Awful. But at least it's been warm. Still looking like an interesting weekend weather-wise...

Posted

Not getting excited about Saturday's storm potential. It's got the makings of one where a storm heads north until it hits the Channel and then heads off for supper in Belgium.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not getting excited about Saturday's storm potential. It's got the makings of one where a storm heads north until it hits the Channel and then heads off for supper in Belgium.

I think we need to rely on home grown convection on Saturday I think. The steering winds are NNE from the charts. So it all comes down to how far west the pattern is and we stay away from the cold front to aid convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still a ways off is the weekend.  Mild evening here, dry and calm, all good there.

Starting to feel this thread is too quiet now some of the posters have left, the added banter is really missed (even if it did involve pants on the line).

Anyway looks like a calm night ahead weather wise until the next system moves in.

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Eastern England will see heavy showers breaking out along the frontal boundary tomorrow afternoon. We could see some thunder from these along with some torrential downpours. looks fairly warm too, 18-22C

Wednesday looks absolutely awful with persistent rain and low maxima (12-16C)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not good

Thursday

Posted Image

Weak ridge of high pressure to the south east, scattered showers for west norfolk, otherwise dry and bright.

Temperatures 16-20C

Friday onwards, plume territory so details will be very sketchy. But Warm and humid with the risk of thunder sums it up.

The rain finally stopped here to reveal a little sunshine. Hope everyone ha a good Monday.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

hi all

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

the odd shower but mainly dry and feeling humid tonight

------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow but may get a shade breezy to the south coasts in the afternoon

rainfall

Posted Image

looks dry am

by afternoon

Posted Image

looks like widespread showers but not heavy except the far north of our region

there will of course be local areas who miss the rain altogether

later on there is a chance we could see some sunny spells

temps

Posted Image

anywhere between 17-20

maybe a tad higher if you get a long period of sun

----------------------------------------------------------

tomorrrow night

Posted Image

Posted Image

winds south westerly and light but may be a shade breezy on the coasts

rain

Posted Image

from midnight heavy rain moving in from the south west moving north east

looks pretty heavy and a rumble or 2 is possible

looks to effect all by 8am

Posted Image

could be a chance of some localised floods here today

temps not cold around 13 degrees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

Posted Image

a south westerly flow and in the afternoon could get quite windy in the afternoon for all southern and eastern coastal regions

could also effect more inland when you are getting showers

rain at 2pm

Posted Image

moderate rain looks to effect all but the heavier stuff easing but still effecting the far north of our region

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees but wont feel it

here comes a yuk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday night

Posted Image

Posted Image

all still under a breezy westerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

rain around effecting most and still some heavier bursts

most heavier stuff likely to the north of london

temps

around 12 degrees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

will update this properly tomorrow

however looks like am showers will clear to leave a mainly dry day

temps somewhere around 18-20 degrees

anyway be back tomorrow

nite all

• Like 9

Posted

the updated fax charts are in for friday and saturday

showing them only and will comment on them when they get to 72hrs

friday

Posted Image

saturday

Posted Image

there is a stormy potential with these but want them closer range

best regards all

john

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The big yellow ball was in the sky this morning, jumped out of bed, quick shower, breakfast and out into the garden to check.

Yes it was blue sky, yes it had a yellow ball, yes the birds were tweeting and yes it was warm enough to wear a t shirt  :D 

Was nice whilst it lasted, then in the afternoon the yellow ball played hide and seek with the clouds  :(

I did have my first tasty raspberry today and a strawberry too  :D  need a bit more sun please to get the rest to ripen.

Yes, the yellow thingy in the sky made a welcome return recently,  brief, but welcome. It has been cloudy today though, for much of the day and muggy too! It is 16c and it is past midnight! Did I read correctly that you are already eating fruit from your garden! :shok:  All I have in my garden are slugs and snails that keep eating everything I've planted! :cray:

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudy start here but bright. Hopefully there will be some warm sunshine today.

Posted

Morning. Grey and damp to start the day here. Feels on the muggy side.

Let's hope it brightens up like yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey skies again with drizzle for much of the morning. Has stopped raining just now and the temp is a thrilling 14C. Grim!

Posted

Morning all,

Much the same here - miserable, wet and dull.  Still quite warm and muggy out mind you!

Posted

Yes, the yellow thingy in the sky made a welcome return recently,  brief, but welcome. It has been cloudy today though, for much of the day and muggy too! It is 16c and it is past midnight! Did I read correctly that you are already eating fruit from your garden! :shok:  All I have in my garden are slugs and snails that keep eating everything I've planted! :cray:

Yep, had a few strawberries and raspberries, cherry crop is looking to be 50% of last year which is a shame, 1st baby green toms just formed and I've eaten 3 peas straight from the pod, didn't even make it to the kitchen with them, and more potatoes than we can eat at present. 

I have hundreds of snails, I go out at night, pop them into an old biscuit tin and take them to the nearby woods in the morning. I do this twice a week. The unlucky ones eat the organic slug pellets which I use once a week. I find copper tape very good for pots for keeping them away. I have lost a climbing courgette to them which miffed me. 

What we need now is months of wall to wall sunshine and temps around 25c, hot but not to hot. Too much gray sky and rain for me recently, especially as it's boring weather, damp, wet and mild.

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, had a few strawberries and raspberries, cherry crop is looking to be 50% of last year which is a shame, 1st baby green toms just formed and I've eaten 3 peas straight from the pod, didn't even make it to the kitchen with them, and more potatoes than we can eat at present. I have hundreds of snails, I go out at night, pop them into an old biscuit tin and take them to the nearby woods in the morning. I do this twice a week. The unlucky ones eat the organic slug pellets which I use once a week. I find copper tape very good for pots for keeping them away. I have lost a climbing courgette to them which miffed me.  What we need now is months of wall to wall sunshine and temps around 25c, hot but not to hot. Too much gray sky and rain for me recently, especially as it's boring weather, damp, wet and mild.

Which slug pellets do you use if I may ask? I'm using the organic Growing Success ones that don't harm other wildlife. Not making much of a dent on the slug/snail population on the allotment, they are now attacking my potatoes. Think there must be much higher numbers this summer because of a mild winter.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yep, had a few strawberries and raspberries, cherry crop is looking to be 50% of last year which is a shame, 1st baby green toms just formed and I've eaten 3 peas straight from the pod, didn't even make it to the kitchen with them, and more potatoes than we can eat at present. 

I have hundreds of snails, I go out at night, pop them into an old biscuit tin and take them to the nearby woods in the morning. I do this twice a week. The unlucky ones eat the organic slug pellets which I use once a week. I find copper tape very good for pots for keeping them away. I have lost a climbing courgette to them which miffed me. 

What we need now is months of wall to wall sunshine and temps around 25c, hot but not to hot. Too much gray sky and rain for me recently, especially as it's boring weather, damp, wet and mild.

That is one successful garden you have there! The only thing growing well in mine are the onions, as slugs and snails don't seem too fond of them! Everything else has been chewed up! This crappy, damp humid weather really helps them thrive and as you say, a hot dry spell will make them disappear for a bit and give stuff a chance to grow!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all, another mild day here, some sunny spells, more more cloud so they are few and far between, but still dry so far, which is handy as I need to do a couple of outside jobs.

I tried making something of the garden here but a combination of high fences, a tree and something in the soil means it has been a struggle to get much to grow and when it does to grow well, some better results with pots and planters though.

Posted

Currently having a shower now though it looks like it's died out a bit since leaving London. Had some sun today.

Posted

Evening

A poor start as I said this morning. A bright and sometimes sunny middle part of the day.... Now turning increasingly cloudy but still muggy.

Did anyone else find it really uncomfortable sleeping conditions last night?

Posted

Yes was quite warm last night. Changed to a thin summer duvet today.

Posted

Blue patches of sky are readily filling up with grey merky clouds now.

As for the storm potential for Saturday.... I think the MO early warning has put the kiss of death on it :-)

It turning a lot breezier now, so hopefully tonight will be less humid / muggy and easier to sleep in....

Posted

Yes was quite warm last night. Changed to a thin summer duvet today.

We don't have the luxury of winter or summer duvets.... ;-) so I was planning of going commando to give my wife a great surprise.... HahaOn a serious note, the breeze is picking up a bit and with the rain incoming it should be a lot less muggy tonight....
  • Like 1