Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

And the rain continues to fall. Been like it now for the past couple of hours. Was really hoping for a dry end to the bank holiday.

Posted

looks  like  its going to get  very wet  here  very soon!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

You're supposed to be in for a soaking tonight, tomorrow and maybe even into Wednesday!

Posted

Dreich, dull and wet, most of the day in Sussex and back here in London, too. 

• Like 2

Posted

Dreich, dull and wet, most of the day in Sussex and back here in London, too.

Same with me :) just arrived back from Winchelsea E.Sussex after a short break away... consistent light to moderate rain all day along the Coast, and this is set to continue in London the upcoming 24 hours looking decidedly wet. We have been fortunate to escape the wrath of the rain for this long.
  • Like 1

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm#t24

fax charts above

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo/royaume-uni/precipitations/6h.htm

rain to thursday

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo/royaume-uni/temperatures-sol/6h.htm

temps to thursday

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo/royaume-uni/vent-moyen/6h.htm

wind direction

basically no point being a broken record

wet and not cold but cool for time of year (chilly eastern side of uk in the cool wind)

very wet locally but mainly north of london ( flood warnings likely)

if not too late will update friday and saturday later

regards

john

• Like 3

Posted

Interesting i/c from Belgium / Holland coming up Thames estuary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

BBC were hinting that it looks worse for North Norfolk and East Midlands now than it does for Suffolk and the majority of Norfolk.

As lassie23 said, looking pretty damp or even wet for most of the week. Still, it's to be expected; it's the Suffolk Show this week (it's years since there's been a dry/warm one!!)

• Like 1

Posted

Bank Holiday Monday. Here in the north west London suburbs it's rained in 11 out of the last 12 hours and reached a blistering 12.4c.

Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe it. :sorry:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bank Holiday Monday. Here in the north west London suburbs it's rained in 11 out of the last 12 hours and reached a blistering 12.4c.

Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe it. :sorry:

Strange old day, in Eastern areas of the region we actually saw some decent hazy sunshine until mid-afternoon when the rain came in. The fact that Norwich and Great Yarmouth saw some of the highest temperatures today (18C) even with easterly winds is rather strange. 

Heavy rain is now pushing into the region again, actually saw a little hazy sunshine before sunset here in Saffron Walden.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Finally stopped raining here now. Bit late in the day though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bank Holiday Monday. Here in the north west London suburbs it's rained in 11 out of the last 12 hours and reached a blistering 12.4c. Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe it. :sorry:

Yes, an awful day here too. Really chilly, even thought about putting on the heating lol. Hoping tomorrow brings a drier day to this part of the SE as have the rest of the week off work and need to get stuff done outdoors.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well, it's a soggy return to the southeast! I can't knock it though, we've had two days of attempted thunderstorms, and I suppose it's not that much colder than the plains.

Not amused by all this rain though!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Posted Image

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

It's a miracle, or too good to be true and will be gone by tomorrow  :rofl:

I do think there is a good chance of a decent weekend weatherwise given the model output at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Strange old day, in Eastern areas of the region we actually saw some decent hazy sunshine until mid-afternoon when the rain came in. The fact that Norwich and Great Yarmouth saw some of the highest temperatures today (18C) even with easterly winds is rather strange. 

Heavy rain is now pushing into the region again, actually saw a little hazy sunshine before sunset here in Saffron Walden.

Was a lovely day at home, had to travel to Weybridge this evening was dry until half way around the M25, then it rained.  By the time I'd got to Weybridge the puddles were huge, half way across the road

Posted

Morning all

Weather - garbage..... that is all :p

At least the coming weekend still looks good weatherwise and even beyond looks a lot better now with higher heights trying to hang on.

Posted

Utterly hideous. Actually got wetter today than at ant points during all of those storms during the winter. Utterly crazy I know. Hoping for a much better end to the weekend. Yesterday was def the best day to decorate my daughters bedroom.... Although her mum/ the estranged wife is not happy with the colour pink lol. Have a good day all try and stay dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Still raining 24 hours later, miserable. Reminds me of the west coast of Ireland with the seemingly endless grey dampness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

What a truly miserable start to the (short) week.

Morning all,

So depressing that I have to wear a coat on my commute into town (not for the rain but to keep warm) in this NW wind......I see madden has now changed his forecast to go more in line with the current output......must mean the output is going to wrong.....

have a good day everyone and dont get too wet......

NB - does anyone know what Error 403 is when i try to upload a pic?

Edited by lloydyd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a truly miserable start to the (short) week.

Morning all,

So depressing that I have to wear a coat on my commute into town (not for the rain but to keep warm) in this NW wind......I see madden has now changed his forecast to go more in line with the current output......must mean the output is going to wrong.....

have a good day everyone and dont get too wet......

NB - does anyone know what Error 403 is when i try to upload a pic?

James Madden? If it is him, is he still forecasting a new ice age? Where's the pup pic? Oh! Just saw the Error 403 bit.....sorry :laugh: No I have never seen an error 403 before! :cc_confused:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Wet day here with slightly less wet interludes, cool and dull, this is not helping me with the many outside jobs I still need to get done.

403 is forbidden access.

As for Madden I only read his forecasts for their comedy value.