Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Morning all, well which forecasts do you believe, sons 18th tomorrow wants the family to go to Thorpe park on Saturday ,some forecasts stating sunny and warm and some heavy rain. Any ideas JP for the weekend. Many thanks.

Wouldn't even bother with Thorpe park on Saturday this weekend my god you would be stupid to do it! I can see Stealth from my Window I am that close.. And the queues will be silly AVOID! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

For us storm-starved SE'erners/E Anglians, who've looked on in envy at those in the west and even Scotland getting lively storms these last few days, there is some 'potential' overnight and also tomorrow afternoon. Don't shoot me if nothing materialises though! But have discussed what *may* happen over next 24-36hrs for us here: http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80355-convective-storm-discussion-21st-may-2014-onwards/?p=2972545

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

For us storm-starved SE'erners/E Anglians, who've looked on in envy at those in the west and even Scotland getting lively storms these last few days, there is some 'potential' overnight and also tomorrow afternoon. Don't shoot me if nothing materialises though! But have discussed what *may* happen over next 24-36hrs for us here: http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80355-convective-storm-discussion-21st-may-2014-onwards/?p=2972545

It's the people in the convective/storm thread who will hunt you down if nothing happens! :laugh: 20.6c Feeling fresh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

A bright, sunny and calm day here, nice warm and dry, some cloud moving in though.

Handy with the nice afternoon weather as I need to nip out in a while, should make for a nice (albeit short) walk :)

Hope your all having an enjoyable day and lets be keeping an eye out for them potential storms later this evening/tonight.

Posted

The French rain just clipped us here, but it was pretty uneventful. Several more bands to come over the next hours though, so we'll see how it goes. Saves me watering in the plants I put in at the weekend anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi all,

long time eh.....did ya miss me :-)

Well ive finally gotten a new contract and started yesterday. Also got a new puppy so any storms might be a concern for him, but tbh it doesnt look like anything will make it up as far as me.

I hope you are all well folks x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hi all,

long time eh.....did ya miss me :-)

Well ive finally gotten a new contract and started yesterday. Also got a new puppy so any storms might be a concern for him, but tbh it doesnt look like anything will make it up as far as me.

I hope you are all well folks x

All this time and I am still only on season 4 of Breaking Bad! :laugh:  New  pup, sounds cute! Storms a bit hit and miss at the moment for the SE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

hes very cute I will try to put some pics on when i get home....

Re BB, Im also on S4 E2 as its a Tube ride watch for me...still loving it.

Really hope to see some storm activity, would be so nice to see the sky light up with some action this evening or tomorrow eve.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well even if we don't get a storm, I'll be grateful of the rain so I don't have to water the plants, although Harry seems to reckon the rain will be more confined to the far East Coast now?

Posted

Afternoon :)

After a warm few days with highs of 23c today has been a bit of a change with a high of 19c. Rain moved in mid-afternoon as I left work (well timed as always!) and has had bursts off and on since then.

The radar showed the sea just off of Lowestoft getting some lively echoes a short while ago - any thunder for you guys up that way?

Posted

Think I am way too far west in the region to see anything from this system moving up from France.

nice and warm out, temps have not fallen as much this week as originally forecast and weekend is not looking so cool now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

No rain here so far.... Sky's are looking lead grey, and it fells awfully muggy outside.

Posted

No rain here so far.... Sky's are looking lead grey, and it fells awfully muggy outside.

Edit that..... Light rain is now falling

Posted

What's going on in this thread anyone seem the potential tonight might not be a huge amount but we need that spirit, Kent looks beat atm but we will soon see the 22:00 image looks good but we shall soon see

Posted

A few rumbles here now - out in the Channel between me and Calais :)

A technical question for people cleverer than I! Why is it that the weather system is moving up from the south but the low level clouds are moving south/south westerly very fast?

When there's a break in the low level stuff you can see the higher cloud is moving north but much slower..any ideas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Starting to properly cloud over here now. Been a decent day though the sun was very milky and weak this afternoon. Very intense rainfall is about to hit east Kent. Raintoday actually shows the rainfall intensifying over the channel. Good sign I think.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I just heard thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

See looking at the radars it seems things will clip the very SE, BUT BBC weather just forecast heavy rain and storms pretty much all the way along the South coast and upwards :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Edit that..... Light rain is now falling

Didn't come to much, did it? So far.... Off out to the Beefeater just over the bridge shortly. bound to be bucketing down then!

Posted

Still dry and quite bright here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well that stuff looks like hitting the east coast of East Anglia too, typical Great Yarmouth is going to get hit  :rofl:

Posted

Well that stuff looks like hitting the east coast of East Anglia too, typical Great Yarmouth is going to get hit  :rofl:

now your out of the triangle it was bound to happen :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Didn't come to much, did it? So far.... Off out to the Beefeater just over the bridge shortly. bound to be bucketing down then!

Na. Enjoy your dinner, and I hope you get to see a storm :-)