Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a day, weather was fantastic and whilst I did get some chores done it was a day to spend outside, chickens seemed happy, could hear the geese in the near by paddock, horse and foal in the rear paddock were content.

Really felt like summer had arrived, shame the weather is set to go mammaries skyward in the next few days.

Mammries skyward :laugh: When is this going to happen? Stormy breakdown maybe? 15.3c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Mammries skyward :laugh: When is this going to happen? Stormy breakdown maybe? 15.3c!

Breakdown next week when we return to normal temps with rain possible.

Posted

This thread has gone from feast to famine post wise, such a shame so many left.

Anyway tis a warm start here and already 17.3oC out with calm conditions, high thin cloud is hampering the sunshine though.

Might post some more pics in a while too :)

Posted

Sunny and warm, nice cool breeze at the moment! 25c is a possibility! Cooling off midweek, thunderstorm risk seems to have been downgraded as usual!

• Like 2

Posted

Morning :)

Up to 21c here yesterday and already at 18.7c so hoping to beat that today! Be nice to see some storms later in the week but my thoughts on thunderstorms are the same as snow..until I see it I can't believe it'll happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning. Sunny and warm here. Looks like 25c should be possible today. Tomorrow could hit 80F if we see enough sunshine. Calling a thundery breakdown on Thursday. The set up looks better to me, just a question of whether we can pull the plume far enough west.

Posted
Posted

Good morning everyone... err, well Jax anyway!

Beautiful clear blue morning, really hoping for another hot sunny day. There was quite a lot of 'fair weather cloud' yesterday which led to a very muggy feel for the barbie at my sister's yesterday afternoon in Guildford but it was just lovely to sit out in it. Hoping to get a few rays under clearer skies today.

Thank you LeighD and Claret047 for your kind wishes for my son's performance last weekend; it was a long afternoon of rehearsals but their routine was beautiful and the performance was just lovely. Weather-wise we had quite a mix of sunshine and showers, some of them distinctly squally. We had a magical walk back through the City of London up Fleet Street and along the Strand back to Waterloo after the performance; we had rain driving in our faces once or twice but then stood on Waterloo Bridge and took in the views and people around us with my son on a post-performance high. It was lovely.

Some pics of the week as it has been, from squally sunshine and showers at St Paul's and in the garden last weekend, to a couple of rumbles of thunder during the week, and a sunbathing dog yesterday:) Hope everyone enjoys/gets the sunshine.

post-8993-0-81178900-1400405516_thumb.jppost-8993-0-83262000-1400405607_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-25336700-1400406579_thumb.jppost-8993-0-57701000-1400406636_thumb.jp

Edit: That post took so long (computer decided to restart right in the middle!), hello to other posters besides Jax now:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 6

Posted

And there was me thinking I would get double bubble :)

Posted

And there was me thinking I would get double bubble Posted Image

Jax I have no idea what that means! Anyway, lovely pics, but where were they taken? Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

Jax I have no idea what that means! Anyway, lovely pics, but where were they taken?

They were taken this week in Norfolk, the beach pics are just north of Gt Yarmouth between Caister and Hemsby, the horses are from the Redwings Horse Sanctuary at Caldecott.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ooooh, bit of hangover currently....big bbq yesterday with friends and I got bored of the lager after a few hours and hit the top shelf in my inebriated state...not the best move and am seriously paying for it now!

Was a beautiful day though weatherwise and today looks like more of the same with the bonus of  chance of overnight elevated thunderstorms breaking out over the far west of the region for a lucky few

Posted

Our family chickens (new ones all growing up now) and the mare and foal just out the back of the house/garden (not ours).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

23c in London now. 25c should be a breeze. Could get close to 80f under clear skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I've got 26 degrees in the shade of the garden. Could this be right ?

Glad I did my 7 mile country walk round the Esher area much earlier this morning in the cooler temps. Beautiful scenes, Britain really shines when it wants to.

Posted

Britain really shines when it wants to.

That is does, that it does indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A few more days of this first please! Stunning day in London, it's like a whole different city when the weather's like this with everyone out enjoying it

Potential there for a thundery breakdown but it's such a delicate setup that it's almost always a nowcast so no point reading too much into the models

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Stunning day here.

Went to London on my moped very early this morning, learning more new roads and points of interest. Got home saw the family for about 5mins as there where on their way out to enjoy the sun. Since then been sitting at my desk at home looking and studying the map of London. I can't wait to complete this knowledge, on cold days it's horrible on the bike, on warm / hot days I want to spend it with my family. But hey ho - no pain no gain.

Finished studying for the day, so of out now for a run, and a BBQ on my return. So all is not that bad....

Jax - pics are great. Carry on posting more....

AJ - hope the hangover is going. But in all honesty I have no sympathy for you... Haha

And to the rest of you, enjoy what's left of the weekend.

• Like 2

Posted

Nice photos Jax & Reefseeker :good:

A warm day, Summer has finally arrived. :) Even in Greater London we failed to hit 22C to be frank, Northolt always seems to have the highest maxima 23.5C, Today. Northolt is not the most built up area, yet seems to always record the highest temperatures. Why is this?...

• Like 1

Posted

Nice photos Jax & Reefseeker :good:A warm day, Summer has finally arrived. :) Even in Greater London we failed to hit 22C to be frank, Northolt always seems to have the highest maxima 23.5C, Today. Northolt is not the most built up area, yet seems to always record the highest temperatures. Why is this?...

make  the  most  of it!!  out look not looking  very good  to say the least  could  be start of the monsoon season!!!

Posted

The European Monsoon season usually kicks in come June, so I have just read! The so-called ‘European Monsoon’ is not actually a monsoon at all. It is more an ill-defined phenomenon that generally applies to a return of westerly winds in June and July following a possible weakening in the late spring of the more typical westerly winds we see in the UK.! 23.3c in the shade here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

What a great weekend, family time and BBQ love it

Posted

Been sat out in the garden with a beer and a book enjoying the warmth and sunshine :)

• Like 2