Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

3 MONTHS OF SUNSHINE: Heatwave could last until AUTUMN claim forecasters

BRITAIN is about to enter one of the longest heatwaves in HISTORY with temperatures set to rocket from TOMORROW and stay sky high until SEPTEMBER.The mercury is expected to hit a scorching 81F (27C) by Tuesday with virtually the entire country bathed in glorious wall-to-wall sunshine.The heat will  be so extreme it will trigger spectacular thunderstorms towards the end of the week that will cause flash flooding across Britain.Forecasters  warned  it was just the start, with summer weather records dating back to 1910  at risk of being obliterated by the relentless heat to come.  A rare El Nino weather pattern, when warm deep waters on the Pacific equator rise to the surface, is thought to be responsible for the extraordinary weather being predicted.

Summer was fun whilst it lasted! The Daily Express has just cursed it!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all. Beautiful start to the day here. Weekend looks good with plenty of warm sunshine.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss alixzandra. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things to go through, especially if you were very close. From your posts it seems that you have a lot of fond memories and it's those good times which mean that they are never really gone as they live on inside us.

Hope you and your family are ok.

• Like 1

Posted

Well, the summers here, for a few days at least. slightly cloudy but certainly mild out there, temp already at 15C

Had bit of an adventure yesterday that ended with an ambulance ride to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital.  One of my hives swarmed and I thought it had gone (as they do) later inspection showed it was on the ground less than 3 meters from the hive.  To cu a long story short, I damaged my veil with a lot of angry bees about. Stung multiple time and overheated in my bee suit.  When I eventually got back to the house, I collapsed, wife called 999 and the rest is history.

Ok now but wasn't fun at the time.....

Posted

Well, the summers here, for a few days at least. slightly cloudy but certainly mild out there, temp already at 15C

Had bit of an adventure yesterday that ended with an ambulance ride to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital.  One of my hives swarmed and I thought it had gone (as they do) later inspection showed it was on the ground less than 3 meters from the hive.  To cu a long story short, I damaged my veil with a lot of angry bees about. Stung multiple time and overheated in my bee suit.  When I eventually got back to the house, I collapsed, wife called 999 and the rest is history.

Ok now but wasn't fun at the time.....

Nice warm morning, the sun has got hazy pretty quickly though! Did you suffer an allergic reaction to being stung so many times?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

After a mild night the day gets a head start with the warm temps and we are already at 18.1oC (in the shed anyway), little cloud, no wind but plenty of sun.

Looking good for this weekend and even a possible BBQ that is still on the cards either today or tomorrow.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend weather :)

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mid level cloud gone now. Some nice towering cumulus forming inland here by the Thames estuary.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Clouded over here. Great.

Posted

Sunny here, back door open and letting in the warm air, my male cockatiael loves it and is singing like a trooper, 23.4oC in the shed.

• Like 2

Posted

Afternoon All. :) I hope you're all having a pleasant Saturday :good: This sultry weather - plays havoc to my sleep. It is unbearable, little to no breeze. 2013 all over again... It has now clouded over, and it is very groggy and stagnant .

Monday is looking spectacular, astonishing cape -5. If this comes to fruition it could be explosive :clap:

post-19153-0-39153800-1400333538_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

after a lunchtime spot of cloud, it's now crystal clear blue skies, perfect for the beer, bbq with friends and of course the FA Cup final......22.6C currently

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted

Nice warm morning, the sun has got hazy pretty quickly though! Did you suffer an allergic reaction to being stung so many times?

Hi Lassie,

Thankfully, no allergic reaction, the main problem was I was in the bee suit too long and the only way I could stop them stinging was by cowering down into the suit and closing off the veil.  That caused me to breathe my own air  --  which is definitely NOT recommended,  --  as suits have to be thick enough to prevent stings penetrating.

I currently look like a Klingon from Star Trek, Lumpy forehead and deep set eyes.....,

Never mind,  (obligatory reference to weather  :closedeyes: ) the weather is lovely, about 22C and milky sunshine

Hope everyone out there is having a wonderful day

• Like 2

Posted

Hi Lassie,

Thankfully, no allergic reaction, the main problem was I was in the bee suit too long and the only way I could stop them stinging was by cowering down into the suit and closing off the veil.  That caused me to breathe my own air  --  which is definitely NOT recommended,  --  as suits have to be thick enough to prevent stings penetrating.

I currently look like a Klingon from Star Trek, Lumpy forehead and deep set eyes.....,

Never mind,  (obligatory reference to weather  :closedeyes: ) the weather is lovely, about 22C and milky sunshine

Hope everyone out there is having a wonderful day

Blimey! Sounds traumatic! Multiple bee stings and passing out. :( 23.4c here and cloudy.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

In the Garden by a paddock with the chickens and horses. About to have a bbq and no the local animals are not part of it.

Posted

The sun is back out here in the last hour or so and. a warm and muggy 23.8c was reached earlier at nearby Raf Northolt. Warmest spot in the Uk I believe.

Posted

BBC forecast has just said that it reached 24C somewhere in Suffolk.  That's warm enough, thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It was too warm. All I did was listen to Johnny Cash.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

It's been awhile, since I cared about the weather. My father passed peacefully last week, a long battle, but. Dignified and at home. I have been digging a new border in my front garden, up and down, but generally, reflective in our joint love of flowers. The warmth we had, the day he died, blue skies, was reflective, then it rained for a couple of days, I steeled myself and dug out a monster 10 year pampas grass today, he would have laughed his proverbial off.

Sorry for your loss, Alixzandra.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Phew that was a warm shock for me today. Helping my friend who was eventing at Aston Le Walls.. Wish is had my shorts on instead. Out there from 930 to past 1pm ooh and got slightly cooked. ( factor 30 on though so not burned just far too hot!) . Flipping lovely though. Got back to Newbury and it did look like the clouds were building and I thought it was the start of the build up to some TSs ... Then it all cleared again. Looking forward to the garden tomorrow and it all over again! Yaaaay.

• Like 1

Posted

Spent a lovely day in the garden, digging, planting, sowing and potting on. Even when it clouded over is was still warm, bliss.

The plus side of driving 80 miles to see my elderly mum tomorrow is ........she lives in a bungalow on a lovely sandy beach. And because there's no trains anywhere near her and only 6 shops it's almost empty. Busy would be someone sitting every 500 foot.

It will be a touch cooler than London but still warm and sunny. 

I hope this nice weather keeps up all summer.

Posted

hi all

had a few computer issues lately

tomorrow looks nice again

probably similar to today

monday i will do tomorrow night as too much uncertainty at present

to alix

my heart goes out to you and i am very sorry for your loss

i hope you are ok

best regards

john

• Like 2

Posted

What a day, weather was fantastic and whilst I did get some chores done it was a day to spend outside, chickens seemed happy, could hear the geese in the near by paddock, horse and foal in the rear paddock were content.

Really felt like summer had arrived, shame the weather is set to go mammaries skyward in the next few days.

• Like 1