Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Managed to stay dry here all day, no idea how we did that considering the scatter of the showers.  Anyway remains rather mild but windy, and looking at the track of that low we are in for some cooling in the next 24hrs as we pick up a more northerly air flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Was dry when I got home after 1am but now the wind has picked up and it is raining! Some heavy bursts on the radar in some places, especially Wales! Will it fizzle out by the time it reaches London?

• Like 2

Posted

Looking rather wet and windy out there this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all.

Overnight rain has partly stopped here. Cloudy and breezy ATM with very light rain falling.

Posted

Remains sunny and windy here, no rain so far this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

Rain cleared a little while ago, some threatening clouds already. Fingers crossed on some thunderstorms

Actually there has just been a heavy shower

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Ehh Up! Cloud has moved in now (no not a new pet) and it has turned a lot duller now, expect rain soon.

Posted

Rain appears to have arrived here, light for now though

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Posted

Just dropped off husband at Gatwick and it was SO windy out, my hair was almost vertical in the breeze at one point. Very grey and gusty back in Surbiton. Dog nearly got whacked by the door as it was buffetted by the wind; one of our garden chairs went over in yesterday's garden action, so all in all plenty of breeziness around.

Heading off to the Mermaid Theatre in London for Autisms Got Talent rehearsals ahead of the show tonight; my son is dancing this year, having sung last year, he is incredibly lucky to be performing. Kind of stuck between the love storms but not that convenient for wandering around Blackfriars, so I'm not sure what to wish for!

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 4

Posted

Wind has really picked up here (most of the garden it seems and spread it around) but still seeing some warm sunny spells and not much in the way of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Fierce shower, heavy downpour (like a gust front), on its way towards Norfolk and the coast, wonder if it will become stormy? No thunder or lightning and I don't think we will be getting much more today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Hope everything goes well with the performance this evening Reefseeker.

Jax sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know what it is like to lose a pet, which  is definitely one of the family.

I returned yesterday evening with the wife from a five day coach holiday up to Loch Lomond. It involved an awful lot of travelling up to the Highlands one day and to North Berwick on another for example. I doubt there was one day when we did not do at least 200 miles. We all felt absolutely exhausted, although everyone enjoyed it. The weather each day appears to have been the total opposite to what it was back home. On sunny days the Southeast had rain and on wet days you were having good weather,

This afternoon has been very windy here in Chelmsford and a heavy shower has just passed through. Our eldest son has recently moved out and purchased a house in another part of Chelmsford. Last autumn on  of a line of poplar trees to the rear of the row of properties fell during a windy spell and damaged the roof and guttering to his neighbours house and the one next door to him. There is uncertainty as to who owns these trees. I managed to lop the higher branches on some of the trees near to his garden using an extendable lopper from a ladder, but some of the other trees which are much taller are too big for us to do anything with. They look a bit unstable in full leaf in this wind and he has been attempting to find out who is responsible for them. Site plans are unclear, the developer who built the houses is unsure and my son's solicitor, believes it could be the developer but is not sure. He just hopes that the trees do not crash on his or any of the neighbouring properties whilst further investigation continues,

It is all rather worrying for him.

Kind Regards

Dave

PS apologies but I do not know why this posting has come out in emboldened text!

Edited by claret047
  • Like 2

Posted

Jax sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know what it is like to lose a pet, which  is definitely one of the family.

Thanks Dave.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Missed all the storm action as usual! Had a couple of heavy ish, showers. Breezy, 15.2c and now the sun is back out!

Posted

Dave I would keep your distance away from the unstable Trees

The wind is getting stronger, reports from Wales of fallen trees

http://www.xcweather.co.uk

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-weather-strong-winds-cause-7101015

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A very impressive squall feature battering us in Newbury right now, heads up to anybody else in West Berkshire right now as this beast heads towards Reading over the coming few minutes. :good:The rain was horizontal and has now reached the tipping bucket so the rain rate unfortunately registered ridiculously low as a result.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well considering it's supposed to be chucking it down all day here, we haven't had any rain despite the sky looking like it's going to fall on us.

Posted

Been watching Badminton Horse Trials all afternoon and looking very windy and a bit damp there.

Remains dry but very windy here.

Posted

Couple of brief spells of rain here during the day and some lovely cloudscapes, but no sferics.

Sun has put his hat on here ! Kids were fed up so we had our tent up from last weeks weather and sat in there listening to the rain was nice actually just so glad it didn't thunder or else I would have took the tent with me running inside :/

Looks like a damp week ahead

• Like 2

Posted

still dry but very windy here.

Posted

If anyone's short of showers you're welcome to some of mine. Been in and out of the shed all day avoiding the heaviest ones.

The wind keeps blowing over my fruit trees so I've tied them to the fence as a temporary measure and the grass is turning to mud again. I want my nice warm spring days back.

• Like 1