Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Moderate westerly wind blowing the clouds away now. Seeing nice blue chunks of sky now.... Even managed to see the half moon a while ago. Current temp reading at 14c. No storms in this neck of the wood I think....

Hoping some of you guys are more lucky.

Edited by LeighD

Posted

Welcome to the new Southeast England, East Anglia and Central Southern England weather chat as per the discussions here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80194-regional-threads-changes-for-summer/?p=2965003

This is region 5 on the map - there is some overlap so those close to the borders please feel free to post in the discussion which suits you best :)

post-2-0-02104100-1399377716_thumb.jpg
  • Like 4

Posted

Welcome to the new Southeast England, East Anglia and Central Southern England weather chat as per the discussions here:http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80194-regional-threads-changes-for-summer/?p=2965003 This is region 5 on the map - there is some overlap so those close to the borders please feel free to post in the discussion which suits you best :)

Great decision to let the threads carry on Paul. Welcome to all the posters I have yet to meet in the central Southern England area. All of us will make this thread a roaring success. But one thing...... NO boasting about the the storms your getting, and the ones we are missing out on in the London area.... Hahaha
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm an overlapper by the look of things so I'll post in both this and the SW thread....well sadly today it seems cloud cover didn't break early to initiate strong convection, but there's plenty of summer ahead to get our storm fix

• Like 1

Posted

Great decision to let the threads carry on Paul. Welcome to all the posters I have yet to meet in the central Southern England area. All of us will make this thread a roaring success. But one thing...... NO boasting about the the storms your getting, and the ones we are missing out on in the London area.... Hahaha

Or, send them our way!

• Like 1

Posted

Or, send them our way!

Yes yes yes.... I'm storm hungry, and like most of us would love a spectacular one... (-:

Posted

I'm an overlapper by the look of things so I'll post in both this and the SW thread....well sadly today it seems cloud cover didn't break early to initiate strong convection, but there's plenty of summer ahead to get our storm fix

Hey fella..... Overlapper seems pretty harsh, and quite a sad thing to call yourself. You bring great knowledge and wisdom to this thread. So carry on doing that. It will be missed if you don't. (Ps) spend more time with our thead. Haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sky looks beautiful tonight. Blue, purple and pink swirls. Sadly my camera is on charge, so I can't get a picture, but take a look outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Hi all, as always it may not happen but I'm working at Yarmouth tomorrow so I'll be in good position if any storms fire up based on the latest run. Will post if anything happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hi all, as always it may not happen but I'm working at Yarmouth tomorrow so I'll be in good position if any storms fire up based on the latest run. Will post if anything happens.

Well I am not there any more so you have a good chance :p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well umm lets try and do a round up for the next few days

Tonight

Posted Image

Moderate westerly flow

Fairly mild and dry, maybe some showers later in the night spread in from the west.

Temperatures - 9-11C

Tomorrow

Day of 2 halves

Posted Image

Moderate to fresh westerly winds

Notice the weak ridge moving eastwards, this will kill of convection during the afternoon. The best bet for any storms will be around midday in the eastern half of the region.

Temperatures - At or slightly below par (14-16C)

Tomorrow night

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fronts move in during the early hours

Again not chilly in a fresh west/south westerly wind.

Temperatures - 8-10C

Saturday

Posted Image

Westerly, fresh to strong, rain clearing the far east by midday followed by showers.

Given the timing of the fronts, temperatures shouldn't be too bad as the early mild conditions should hold on during daylight hours.

14-18C

Sunday

Posted Image

Moderate to fresh north westerly

Again plenty of showers, some heavy and thundery.

Rather cool (12-16C)

Next week looks to see conditions become drier and warmer, but how dry and warm is up for debate. Punt at the moment is for a north/south split across the UK which shouldn't be too bad for here.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Well I am not there any more so you have a good chance :p

Norfolk has definitely had its fair share so I am happy living here where storms are concerned. Just thinking of the time when I had a much higher interest of severe weather I've been under at least 3 supercells. I can't think of them being anything less. I don't think however tomorrow will be a fourth :)

Posted

Oh no, no storms tomorrow please, at least not after 1pm in Croydon. Don't want to arrive for my job interview wet and with hair looking like it's been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Will I need a whole body brolly?

Edited by tadpole

Posted

Welcome All :good:

Frustratingly every time I try to attach a image, it spirals around then stops.

Quick solution would be appreciated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

been rather wet/damp dull and dismal evening here, feeling cooler too with it all, I did nip out earlier (had to get to the bank to do a reccy on how much was left (not a lot) and pop to the shop).

My female cockatiel is not well, she has a cold and is wheezing and sneezing a lot, added some tonic to their water (need to add energy in the form of sugar), she is not standing still though, very active.

Posted

Welcome All :good:Frustratingly every time I try to attach a image, it spirals around then stops.Quick solution would be appreciated.

We have a problem with jpeg images currently, but png and gif images should be fine :)

Posted

This related to the downtime this afternoon I wonder? (not a pop just an observation)

Edited by Jax

Posted

Yep, we were moving to new (faster!) servers this afternoon, and it looks like they have a small config problem when it comes to that type of images. Should have it fixed in the morning :)

Posted

Yep, we were moving to new (faster!) servers this afternoon, and it looks like they have a small config problem when it comes to that type of images. Should have it fixed in the morning :)

Karl is the person I guess to fix this then? :)

Posted

Yep, I've no idea what's causing it, but he's much cleverer than me :D

you and me both (and I run my own web server from the spare room :blink2:  )

err dark again (keeps happening every day, errr night)

Posted

Just looked out and it has stopped raining, had a cat eating the bread I put out for the birds though (very odd)

Posted

We have a problem with jpeg images currently, but png and gif images should be fine :)

That explains it, unfortunately I will not be doing my round up today. Going to catch some sleep. a general idea, showers will developed particulary over East England, Norwich looking the sweet spot cape 400 and Li of -2 favourable for Storms, but we need some UV light from the Sun to provide the trigger. by afternoon it will turn to sub standard showery rain. I expect nothing of note in the SE, maybe some heavy showers and turbulent skies sadly not ripe enough this time. Saturday has potential... For the wider region. More later :D

Posted

errr want warm and dry

still thinking of adding a few pierceings (and mayby a few small tatts)

Posted

still thinking of adding a few pierceings (and mayby a few small tatts)

:bad:

The only word to describe today's weather is "dreich".

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1