Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Parts of the nearby continent (especially western parts of Germany in terms of severity) took the full brunt of the storms yesterday as we know - and the chart below shows the massive distribution of spherics up to the end of yesterday.

Posted Image

Of note for our region on that map is the line of activity which made landfall from the channel around Dungeness and then tracked due north through Kent mid/late yesterday evening. Whilst out to the shops yesterday evening between 9pm and 9.30pm I stopped to take these pics of that line of activity as seen to the east and south east of me in Hastings. Lightning flashes and a few forks could be seen every now and then as the sun set  - coming out of the dark bases of the clouds over the sea maybe some 20 miles or so away from me in the eastern most part of the channel.  A few further off rumbles of thunder were heard shortly after I was back at home - but the last of the storms  missed just to my east as the chart indicates.

The setting sun was reflecting on the cumulonimbus bases in the distances and gave the dusk sky some eerie glowing colours. The pics were taken at about 5 to 10 minute intervals from the first to the last one.

post-18450-0-08915600-1402410486_thumb.j  post-18450-0-96299200-1402410528_thumb.j

post-18450-0-57352300-1402410561_thumb.j

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Another warm day had here, aircon in the office comes in handy on days  like this, mainly sunny with some cloud about, more of a breeze too but dry still.  21.6oC in the shed.

Have a nice day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm still trying to get over my snow -starved depression lol

Over a year now since I've seen snow, can't wait for winter, surely we will get some this year, we can't go two winters in a row with sod all can we? :unknw::cray: 22.2c, a cool breeze is developing! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Over a year now since I've seen snow, can't wait for winter, surely we will get some this year, we can't go two winters in a row with sod all can we? :unknw::cray: 22.2c, a cool breeze is developing! :)

I moved to beds seven years ago from the southeast coast( which got snow when i moved) and we had snow every year apart from nothing at all last winter. I'm still getting over that and now i have my lack of big storms now. 

Beautiful day out there, very windy but warm. Where does this wind come from? By the sea i understand but it always windy here! :cc_confused:

Posted

Cannot say I noticed there to be wind all the time in this area, are you near open space or a large building?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day here, lots of sunshine with temperatures reaching 23C here.

Great Yarmouth was top dog today with a high of 24C

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day here, lots of sunshine with temperatures reaching 23C here.

Great Yarmouth was top dog today with a high of 24C

cannot believe it is already four weeks ago when I was there

Edited by Jax

Posted

Good evening all from a warm and sunny Hastings.

I really have been spoiled  by the weather since arriving down here last Thursday evening for a 2 week stay. Every day since then has seen at least a few hours of warm sunshine and the icing on the cake was last nights thunderstorm, the first night time display I have seen for some time.

I love it down here. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice day here, reached 23C despite an annoyingly strong wind this afternoon. Week ahead looks very acceptable :-)

Posted

Cannot say I noticed there to be wind all the time in this area, are you near open space or a large building?

I'm in the country side and it's quite open, as well as near a golf course. Where I live isn't quite as windy as where the school is, that's like standing in a wind tunnel at times, freezing in winter! :cold:

Posted

I moved to beds seven years ago from the southeast coast( which got snow when i moved) and we had snow every year apart from nothing at all last winter. I'm still getting over that and now i have my lack of big storms now. 

Beautiful day out there, very windy but warm. Where does this wind come from? By the sea i understand but it always windy here! :cc_confused:

Hi Dami! Typical, the snow turns up when you move from the coast! At least you got snow in your new area you moved into, that's a bit of luck! I think we just got used to regular snow falls, even here in London, I got snow five years in a row! So last winter was hugely dissappointing! Big storms seem to to do the splits when they hit my area, the main bit always moves off to the east or NW, leaving me with a one bit of lightining, two rumbles of thunder, if lucky and some medium rain! :laugh:! I did experience a thunderstorm a few years ago which bought flash flooding and marble sized hail, very rare event round here these days! Cooling off here, 19.0c, sunny!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Stunning day here also. Been very warm and sunny. That breeze today in my eyes had just helped it feel that bit more cormfortable to work in.

Currently have clear blue skies and a nice light breeze.

Just on last night. I woke around 1ish I think, had the windows open and we were in the middle of on proper torrential downpour.

• Like 1

Posted

Evening All :hi:

So we was unlucky this time, little bitter over it all. But it's silly to get concerned over something that is so insignificant, I hope you are all well - and making the most of the summery weather :good:

I concur BB - down there is refreshing and therapeutic for the mind

Posted

Good evening all from a warm and sunny Hastings. I really have been spoiled  by the weather since arriving down here last Thursday evening for a 2 week stay. Every day since then has seen at least a few hours of warm sunshine and the icing on the cake was last nights thunderstorm, the first night time display I have seen for some time. I love it down here.

Evening BB. Great to hear you are finally well enough to get out and about, and especially to one of the places you speak so fondly about. Have a great holiday mate.
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi Dami! Typical, the snow turns up when you move from the coast! At least you got snow in your new area you moved into, that's a bit of luck! I think we just got used to regular snow falls, even here in London, I got snow five years in a row! So last winter was hugely dissappointing! Big storms seem to to do the splits when they hit my area, the main bit always moves off to the east or NW, leaving me with a one bit of lightining, two rumbles of thunder, if lucky and some medium rain! :laugh:! I did experience a thunderstorm a few years ago which bought flash flooding and marble sized hail, very rare event round here these days! Cooling off here, 19.0c, sunny!

HI!My home town used to get snow, many happy winters on the downs, then it went snow-less for years..then one year happily told my now hubby that we don't get snow and we had half a foot and that was in later in the year as well!. Same with thunderstorms - loads when i was young -nothing- then the imports started and last one we had the drains couldn't cope and i almost had a flood in my bathroom. 

Roll on years later and i have noticed with great annoyance that where i live now, the storms look like they go out of their way not to hit, I don't think i've had a true direct hit yet.Take yesterday, cloud all around and a circle of brilliant sunshine. Where I used to work, amazing storms, but a phone call home and nothing but sun.

Gah....

• Like 1

Lol...us lot haven't had much luck lately have we?! All very boring. So you're an Aussie? Which part are you from? My OH is an Aussie too, from Port Maquarie. He's been glued to the hockey on Sky Sports all weekend....and definitely suffers from Nuclear Foot Syndrome lol. I get in trouble if I dare move the bedcovers near his feet!

I'm from adalaide :) and could pack my feet with some snow right now hot hot hot lol
  • Like 2

Posted

I'm from adalaide :) and could pack my feet with some snow right now hot hot hot lol

Stick them in the fridge for a bit! If that fails a minute in the freezer, you don't want to get frost bite! 15.8c, clear and mooney!

Posted

Crystal clear skies here still. It just has a dark blue tinge to it as the sun sets in the far west. Breeze has now dropped, and I have a funny feeling tonight's sleep will be pretty uncomfortable.

Think I may invest in a bedroom fan tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Warm, clear and mooney here too (how odd)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clear and calm here now. Though things are gettin heated with respect to next weeks weather. Anyway lets stick to the reliable.

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Gentle westerly wind on the whole, though sea breezes developing in some coastal locations

Rain none

temperatures

Posted Image

20-22C, though like today a 23 or 24 could occur in the longer sunny periods.

Thursday

Posted Image

Winds light and variable, sea breezes will be more evident than tomorrow.

Precipitation, none. Lots of sunshine on offer I think here

Temperatures

Posted Image

Probably 21-24C, though again favoured spots could be higher. 

Friday

Posted Image

Dry again and sunny, light north westerly wind, though again sea breezes will be evident in places

rainfall

Posted Image

Maybe some showers late in the day as a front approaches from the north

Temperatures

Posted Image

23-26C, warmest in the south.

The weekend keeps chopping and changing so lets leave that for now :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather 

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted

Great forecast Matt :)

where is JP and his thoughts on matters?

Posted

Clear and calm here now. Though things are gettin heated with respect to next weeks weather. Anyway lets stick to the reliable.

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Gentle westerly wind on the whole, though sea breezes developing in some coastal locations

Rain none

temperatures

Posted Image

20-22C, though like today a 23 or 24 could occur in the longer sunny periods.

Thursday

Posted Image

Winds light and variable, sea breezes will be more evident than tomorrow.

Precipitation, none. Lots of sunshine on offer I think here

Temperatures

Posted Image

Probably 21-24C, though again favoured spots could be higher. 

Friday

Posted Image

Dry again and sunny, light north westerly wind, though again sea breezes will be evident in places

rainfall

Posted Image

Maybe some showers late in the day as a front approaches from the north

Temperatures

Posted Image

23-26C, warmest in the south.

The weekend keeps chopping and changing so lets leave that for now :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather 

I need dry and warm Sunday AM

Posted

fax update and brief as pretty straightforward up to saturday

tomorrow

Posted Image

dry and warm with long sunny spells

wind flow variable but very weak

temps up to 24-25 degrees

reduce by around 5 degrees on coastal regions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a weak north west flow north of london

breezy south of london on a north west flow

rain = nil

temps

Posted Image

up to 25-26 degrees

again drop around 5 degrees on coasts

should see sunny spells but cloud may be an issue late pm mainly north of our region

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a breezier north west flow

rain = nil

temps

Posted Image

again around 25 degrees maybe a locally higher

cloud maybe an issue north eastern and coastal regions which would see temps around 16-18 degrees

friday night may get wet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a windy and much cooler north east flow

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

there are showers around but i am not convinced on this yet

maybe tomorrow will be more clearer

temps

Posted Image

around 23 degrees

however east-north east coasts look cold around 15 degrees

this forecast will likely be amended tomorrow

----------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

windy north east flow

so cloudcover looks likely

rain = nil

temps

Posted Image

around 22 degrees but feeling cooler in the wind

the warmer looks the further west and south west of our region

east coast and north east coast temps around 14-15 degrees and that wind likely to be a pain

anyway thats my lot

be back tomorrow

goodnight all

• Like 7

Posted

no rain Sunday, JP your a leg end :)

• Like 1