Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

The chances for parts of the SE and East to see something, has, in my opinion, gone up.

All the components are there, and the atmosphere will be so unstable anything could 'kick off' it will just take time to see what happens.

At this stage, there's not much point in relying on local forecasts from the likes of the METO, and it will soon come down to radar watching from tonight onwards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well, Afternoon all,,,,,Corking day today, Very much warmed up. Tomorrow looking very interesting (Indeed Storm wise). 21.C at present. Could be a rather sticky night. Decided to give the house a miss tonight doing it up as you do, Thought I would pop in here later for chats... Anyway speak later folks.

:)

• Like 1

Posted

EPeson downs a bit too far away for me unfortunately

You should be able to get some good views around Ashdown Forest?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Anyone know any good places to go that have a great view looking south in my area??

Crowborough Beacon Golf Club (on the balcony - can sometimes see right down to the sea)

Top of the Ashdown Forest B2026xx

Edit: snap!

Edited by PiggiePalace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Best place for me watching storms was beachy head. Nice view over the channel and all the surrounding area behind it, of course its high up and risky, so not somewhere i'd walk about in a thunderstorm, although I did see a group of people once get out and happily do so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Best place for me watching storms was beachy head. Nice view over the channel and all the surrounding area behind it, of course its high up and risky, so not somewhere i'd walk about in a thunderstorm, although I did see a group of people once get out and happily do so.

My bedroom window will be my view point tomorrow! Hope the large hail doesn't arrive, otherwise my young plants are toast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well stuck in the office all day missing out on the fantastic day of sunshine and warmth, but plan to change all that once showered and changed and will get out in the garden for a bit of light reading a bit later.

Thought I had better check in here though to see what the storm potential status is at, and still looking good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

thanks Tams, great post as ever.

Im leaving work now so will log in later on. Enjoy the Calm....before the storm (I hope)

x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolute beauty of a day, blue skies apart from a little bit of cirrus and some nice AcCas showing up in the last couple of hours. 24C with a lovely breeze. Need a lot more days like this lol. Hoping for a good bang later!

Posted

My bedroom window will be my view point tomorrow! Hope the large hail doesn't arrive, otherwise my young plants are toast!

We may not have long to wait, looking promising in the early hours. That 'feature' is been showed consistently, by the models. Please do not feel discouraged, on the Storm thread, it is largely IMBY. For us in the SE/EA looking superb, further E and N will be the sweet spot.

Posted

Absolute beauty of a day, blue skies apart from a little bit of cirrus and some nice AcCas showing up in the last couple of hours. 24C with a lovely breeze. Need a lot more days like this lol. Hoping for a good bang later!

Think you need to phrase that last bit differently! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Posted

Stunning day although stuck in the van delivering today looking forward to a beer in the garden later. Hopefully with the estranged if not my back garden will do. Is about time we were woken by some serious thunder. Tempted to say bang as stainesbloke did lol. Enjoy the evening and if everything goes to plan a large and ferocious banging noise!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Posted

Hoping for a good bang later!

Way too warm and muggy for that!

Just back in from the garden, had to take a break from the heat/sun, just not used to it I guess.  Doors and windows open with a nice warm breeze coming through, and decided to put the washing on and see if I can get it dry this evening.

cockatiel is calling to all the birds and people outside since the doors are open

• Like 1

Posted

whats the chances of tornados forming 

Low I hope, funnel clouds not touching down much better.

Posted

thats why im asking over the last week there as been few sitings on funnel activity and think was 2 weeks ago there was a touch down near alconbury cambridgeshire

Posted

I have no idea TBH, have not heard anything mentioned as of yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Should have said hoping for a good storm later lol. Though having started on the lime and mint mojitos a good bang wouldn't go amiss either! I blame it on being out working in the sun all day and getting my head rather roasted. My head head! I'll shut up now....

Posted

Weekend at last!

After a low of 8c last night we got up to 22.1c here this afternoon even in the breeze. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow with a cracking storm in the evening.

Posted

Should have said hoping for a good storm later lol. Though having started on the lime and mint mojitos a good bang wouldn't go amiss either! I blame it on being out working in the sun all day and getting my head rather roasted. My head head! I'll shut up now....

:shok::laugh: !

Weekend at last!After a low of 8c last night we got up to 22.1c here this afternoon even in the breeze. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow with a cracking storm in the evening.

Might be the other way round, cracking storms during the day, dry evening!

Posted

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If this storm does come to pass and I sleep through it, I shall kick myself.

Posted

Looking like an early morning wake up call for some in the south.