Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Grey, grey, grey, boring, dull, wet, grey, dull, grey, dull, wet, dull, dull, grey - all of them humid. Bah.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Blue patches of sky are readily filling up with grey merky clouds now.As for the storm potential for Saturday.... I think the MO early warning has put the kiss of death on it :-)It turning a lot breezier now, so hopefully tonight will be less humid / muggy and easier to sleep in....

BBC have the thunderstorm symbol for where I am, good thing I'm not here this coming weekend  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey, grey, grey, boring, dull, wet, grey, dull, grey, dull, wet, dull, dull, grey - all of them humid. Bah.

Yep, bored to tears with all this grey nothingness. It's June for God's sake! Not cold at least but the lack of sun recently is driving me crazy. Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hurrah looks like a sunny day for me Thursday! What's all this talk about some people with thunderstorm symbols for Friday/Saturday. I want one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sorry if I'm moaning a lot, I think I'm beginning to bore myself lol....could be some more exciting weather in a few days so fingers crossed, tho sun and 25C would do me just fine...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

dark now (allowed) and not raining

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Sorry if I'm moaning a lot, I think I'm beginning to bore myself lol....could be some more exciting weather in a few days so fingers crossed, tho sun and 25C would do me just fine...

moan, moan, moan  LOL :D

• Like 1

Posted

hi all

tomorrow

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

between 13-15 degrees

wind

Posted Image

a weak south westerly but increasing late pm

overall tomorrow looks yuk

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a breezy variable flow but as shown a north westerly

rain will clear overnight

temps around 10-12 degrees

thursday

Posted Image

Posted Image

a breezy westerly flow

rain

Posted Image

none

temps

Posted Image

between 16-19 degrees

and a better chance of some sun today

thursday night

Posted Image

Posted Image

winds quite light on a southerly flow

rain = none

temps

Posted Image

not cold but locally could see temps around 7 degrees

average around 10 degrees

friday

Posted Image

a slightly breezy southerly flow

rain in the day

looks like heavy rain moving in from our south west mid- late afternoon slowly moving north east

temps

Posted Image

around 18-20

if you get a lot of sun a chance of 22-23 is possible

hope your all good

john

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hurrah looks like a sunny day for me Thursday! What's all this talk about some people with thunderstorm symbols for Friday/Saturday. I want one!

Well according to the Daily Express, we can expect cricket ball sized hail, deadly lightining strikes, tornadoes, flash flooding, 32c heat and hell fire at the weekend. Unless it all drifts east, then it'll be more drizzle! :laugh:

• Like 4

Posted

saturday

Posted Image

looks good for storms

but not doing this yet

humid too

-----------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

actually looks dry and warm with a risk of pm thunderstorms

again will do these properly as they get into 72 hr timespan

regards

john

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

saturday late pm

Posted Image

:shok: :shok: :shok: :shok:

Counting down the days and Saturday still has the potential to be epic.

• Like 1

Posted

hi captain

the fax looks very good too

hopefully will stay the same tomorrow night when it gets to 72 hrs.

fingers crossed :) :)

Posted

Evening..up to 20c on the dot today, amid sunny spells this afternoon after a damp start to the day.

Interested to see what occurs this weekend, hoping for some sun and warmth this weekend as it is the Folkestone airshow but the Express appear to be forecasting the end of humanity! So if their previous form is to be believed then it'll be lovely with not a sniff of a storm or hail stone to be had :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Which slug pellets do you use if I may ask? I'm using the organic Growing Success ones that don't harm other wildlife. Not making much of a dent on the slug/snail population on the allotment, they are now attacking my potatoes. Think there must be much higher numbers this summer because of a mild winter.

That's the one I use, but I started back in February as winter had been mild and do it every week. They would work better if put out every night but I don't like to use them too much which is why I collect them and rehome in the nearby woods.

You may have more slugs than snails in which case I would use nematodes. Although they say use every 6 weeks when I've used them on other peoples gardens I find that it isn't necessary. 

Some spuds have tastier leaves than others, try different ones until you find which ones they don't like. I don't grow charlotte because I know I'll get a poor crop because the leaves will get munched before the spuds are grown.

I'd love an allotment, I put my name down on the local one in '06 and found i was 104 on the list, this feb I was 93. I'll have moved or be dead by time my they offer me one.

That is one successful garden you have there! The only thing growing well in mine are the onions, as slugs and snails don't seem too fond of them! Everything else has been chewed up! This crappy, damp humid weather really helps them thrive and as you say, a hot dry spell will make them disappear for a bit and give stuff a chance to grow!

Onions are something I don't grow, not enough space. Gardening is the one thing I find totally relaxing, just wish I had a bigger garden, it's small even by London standards.

This years challenge is watermelon grown without a greenhouse because I don't have one.  I do like to try something new each year, but get the feeling I should have picked last summer for this challenge because so far, bar a few nice days, it's been to cloudy and wet, but we'll see.

I've read every long range weather forecast I can find and they are all different this year so I'm guessing it's a wait and see.

Counting down the days and Saturday still has the potential to be epic.

Is that the sort of epic that says I don't want to be driving on the motorway for hours during the day? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I have grown a watermelon before, it was just a bit larger than a tennis ball but nice and sweet. Last year the bad end to the summer killed the plants and they had ten melons on them! A greenhouse would be best Tadpole! 13.5c here and cloudy!

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

Oh damn absolutely beauty, I hope the pub run verifies or is somewhat closer to reality.

Groggy sums up today, mild and still. Not at all summery.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Evening..up to 20c on the dot today, amid sunny spells this afternoon after a damp start to the day.Interested to see what occurs this weekend, hoping for some sun and warmth this weekend as it is the Folkestone airshow but the Express appear to be forecasting the end of humanity! So if their previous form is to be believed then it'll be lovely with not a sniff of a storm or hail stone to be had :rofl:

Thanks for the heads up on the airshow Lottie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Thanks for the update Mr P -....and for the "yuk" heads up!xxx 

Posted

Morning all a little rain when I woke up, but it has brightened up a little now with some blue sky appearing.

The ECM this morning has a spells of dry and increasingly hot weather developing from Monday, literal heat wave conditions if that came off.

Posted

Morning all,

I think the word bleugh sums up todays weather quite nicely!  Really hoping the storm potential for Saturday verifies - some exciting weather is much needed after the dross of the past couple of weeks.

Hope all are well

SR

• Like 2