Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It showed me a glimpse of blue sky at 7pm does that count? It was a very small patch but at least I know it's there still, I was starting to wonder..........

You actually had a glimpse of something interesting, did that round, burning object in the sky appear? Legend has it, that it once shone on these shores! Thought this weekend was supposed to be sunny, before onions weather returns next week! :cc_confused:  Cold and rainy is still preferable to nothingy weather, I suppose!! :cold: :cold: My onions are growing well even though the weather is onions! :cc_confused: Typical, I complain about the lack of sun and suddenly at 11.30am, all the clouds have vanished and we have clear blue skys, 20.8c :laugh: That didn't last, back to cloud again! :rolleyes:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well after a very nice couple of hours earlier with some warm strong sun and blue skies, it's straight back to the dark gloom of the past week. Reached a sweltering 19C, now 18C. Hopefully more sun tomorrow.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Grey and gloomy for most of today so far; husband is gutted as he had believed weather forecasts promising us sunshine for his barbie for friends departing back to Ireland this afternoon. Ah well, barbie will still go ahead, just not quite in the sweltering heat...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some sun and some cloudy spells, the weather has been alright today. 

Posted

Sunny first thing and on and off during the morning and early afternoon. Cloudy since then, but it seems to be breaking up again now. Lovely and warm, compared to the last few days, though.

Posted

hi all

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

tonight looks mainly dry but there might be the odd dizzly bit around

temps

Posted Image

not cold but might feel a shade chilly in rural areas as could get into single digits

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

Posted Image

a weak variable flow

but again after lunch the east of the region have a chilly north-north east flow

looking at the above it looks like cloudy east of our region

sunny intervals the rest

rain

none :D

temps

Posted Image

14-16 east-north east-sout coastal regions

the rest 17-18 degrees

if you get a lot of the sun a 20 looks possible

------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

Posted Image

winds veering back more westerly and although not strong may get a shade breezy on coastal regions

rain = none :D

temps

Posted Image

12-13 degrees

mist locally possible

----------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

a weak west-south west flow but may get a shade breezy in the afternoon

rain

8am

Posted Image

dry early but rain moving into the south around this time

by 2pm

Posted Image

looks likely to effect most areas with a heavier burst of rain crossing the north of london and may stick there most of the afternoon

clearing up to the south and south east of our region in the afternoon but looks cloudy miserable rubbish

temps

Posted Image

around 15-17 degrees

==================================================================

monday night

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

rain

showers around but light and patchy but possible heavier bursts locally overnight

temps

around 12-13 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

holding this for now

if right we could see some heavy thundery showers with that set up but not committing to it for now

hope you are having a good weekend

john

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted

You actually had a glimpse of something interesting, did that round, burning object in the sky appear? Legend has it, that it once shone on these shores! Thought this weekend was supposed to be sunny, before onions weather returns next week! :cc_confused:  Cold and rainy is still preferable to nothingy weather, I suppose!! :cold: :cold: My onions are growing well even though the weather is onions! :cc_confused: Typical, I complain about the lack of sun and suddenly at 11.30am, all the clouds have vanished and we have clear blue skys, 20.8c :laugh: That didn't last, back to cloud again! :rolleyes:

The big yellow ball was in the sky this morning, jumped out of bed, quick shower, breakfast and out into the garden to check.

Yes it was blue sky, yes it had a yellow ball, yes the birds were tweeting and yes it was warm enough to wear a t shirt  :D 

Was nice whilst it lasted, then in the afternoon the yellow ball played hide and seek with the clouds  :(

I did have my first tasty raspberry today and a strawberry too  :D  need a bit more sun please to get the rest to ripen.

• Like 1

Posted

thursday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

not much point in commenting on that

off now goodnight all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

heres wednesday

Posted Image

Posted Image

yuk

Yuk indeed! Some interesting charts being thrown up by ECM showing hot thundery plumes etc affecting us later next week. We'll see, though fingers crossed everything backs W and we get some proper warmth.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yuk indeed! Some interesting charts being thrown up by ECM showing hot thundery plumes etc affecting us later next week. We'll see, though fingers crossed everything backs W and we get some proper warmth.

GFS on the game now too

Posted Image

Posted Image

80F if that comes off for this region. Shame it's more of a flash in the pan. Though the trend is good after that.

UKMO looks good too, as well as the GFS ens.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Lovely blue skies and sunshine this morning here. Looks like being a warm day. That cloud that affected England yesterday is moving down into northern France like a blanket on the satellite images. BBQ lunch today so lots of sun hopefully. Perhaps some very interesting weather to end the week....

Posted

Lovely sunny start here, though there is some cloud bubbling up to the north, hopefully only fair weather cloud. Should hit the low 20s today :)

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

A bright and rather sunny day so far here, at least this means decent weather for my only day off this weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

I get the feeling that things could get very interesting next weekend. June is setting itself up nicely I think. 

• Like 1

Posted

Been out in the garden, had a tidy/sweep up and also repotted the remainder of my current set of house plants, now have a couple of spare pots so potential to add a couple more. 

Remains bright, sunny, dry, calm and rather warm, all good stuff weather wise :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Been nice here today. Some cloud but the sun is staying out. Much more like it. 

As Captain said, next weekend is looking very nice indeed. Providing it stays on track, we could see temperatures of 26-27c maybe higher.

June is looking nice at the moment, people wrote it off very abruptly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon

Been a mostly bright day here. We have some really nice lengthy sunny spells. But as I'm now starting to get the BBQ ready, it's started to cloud over. Oh well..... It's still dry and warm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

we have a Friday the 13th next month coming up I see

Yep.... And I've booked it off work... Just to be on the safe side :-)

Posted

Evening All. :)

Taken a short break away from NW. Nothing interesting weather wise in my absence. Warming up nicely late next week :D I heard a possible 30c i think it's a little optimistic figure, we will see.

Posted

What a fantastic day today has turned out to be weather wise is anything else, warm and sunny, no rain and little cloud or wind.  Managed to do some gardening, shopping, picked up a couple of extra house plants, now back and doors and windows open, meaning a nice warm and fresh air is permeating the house.

I am glad that as today was my one day off this week that it was this very day, could not have asked for better :)

• Like 1

Posted

And small drawback off a doors and windows open policy is the tomcat from two doors up can stroll in and send the cockatiel nutty.

Edited by Jax