Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is trying to get through here, the issue isn't so much the low cloud now, but there is a lot of high and mid-level stuff. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Posted

looking  at  the  radar  the  rain seems  to be  getting  bigger  to west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Still no rain of note here today. If it wasn't so warm / mild (whatever you want to call it) I would class today as a late October / early November day... Not good for half term....On the up side the f**king gnats and other flying midges love it. I've been bitten all over running tonight. Not a happy itchy chappy.

looking  at  the  radar  the  rain seems  to be  getting  bigger  to west

dont have access to the radar mate! Is it heading our way then?
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

BLEEAARRGH to today's weather in SussexThankfully no "flash flood" rains here to dateGuinea piggies are happily dancing on their pawsxxxx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Watched Springwatch after going out earlier and paying a few bills, popped to the library and did a small shop (still have to go out again in the next few days as I am on the last water filter cartridge)

Have also had the small fan heater in for a short while this evening to bring the ambient room temp up a bit and lift the damp chill (dodgy joints these days  mean it is more required I am afraid).

Seems to have stopped raining out for now, but very very damp and chilly out, not an evening to be outside in if you can help it.

Posted

This weather is depressing. I'm fed up, my plants are fed up, the birds look fed up and even the local cat's must be fed up due to the fact that they've stopped using my veg patch as a toilet.

I've tried listening to Pharrel Williams Happy song but that hasn't helped, I need real warm sun and bright blue skies and soon too.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rain turning heavy again here, seems like it has rained non stop since Monday morning. Yuck. Bring on the sun! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This weather is depressing. I'm fed up, my plants are fed up, the birds look fed up and even the local cat's must be fed up due to the fact that they've stopped using my veg patch as a toilet.

I've tried listening to Pharrel Williams Happy song but that hasn't helped, I need real warm sun and bright blue skies and soon too.

At least the cats have stopped pooing in your vegetables, my cat uses the neighbour's garden, can't stop her!  14.2c, damp, dreary and tedious!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I was thinking about boring you all with some technical musings and analysis of the current weather we're having, but decided to save myself a whole lot of time by using one emoticon...

:bad:    (sums it up quite nicely!)

The good news is that the weekend's looking quite peachy with some nice sunshine and temps into the low 70's  :good:

• Like 4

Posted

Liked the 70's and early 80's

oh right not what you meant, and I liked beige too.

cool and damp here still, this carp weather seems to be set to continue for a few more days yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Liked the 70's and early 80's

oh right not what you meant, and I liked beige too.

cool and damp here still, this carp weather seems to be set to continue for a few more days yet.

you been on the Jamaican Woodbines again Jas?  :laugh:

tomorrow looks to the last of the crud days as we get a respite from this week's weather horrors.....model output though for next week doesn't look that great though....groundhog day

Posted

you been on the Jamaican Woodbines again Jas?  :laugh:

tomorrow looks to the last of the crud days as we get a respite from this week's weather horrors.....model output though for next week doesn't look that great though....groundhog day

shhhssss quiet, no one knows :laugh:  just saying with my parents that the weekend is looking far better, but then looks set to dive again next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, it does looks a little better today, quite bright though still a lot of cloud around. Hopefully the sun can break through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet another grey start (haven't seen the sun since Sunday!) but slightly warmer than of late at 14C (I know, get the Bermuda shorts out). Hopeful for the clouds to start breaking today but that could just be the effects of the Prozac. At least the weekend looks sunny and warm, oh, hang on, only Saturday does now! Doh!

Posted

Yet another grey start (haven't seen the sun since Sunday!) but slightly warmer than of late at 14C (I know, get the Bermuda shorts out). Hopeful for the clouds to start breaking today but that could just be the effects of the Prozac. At least the weekend looks sunny and warm, oh, hang on, only Saturday does now! Doh!

It's only the GFS saying it though, the others show the rain pushing through on Monday, though to have such a disagreement at only 3 days away really puts into perspective about how little confidence we have in how the weather will pan out next week. Those plumes in week 2 look a long long way away at the moment.

Posted

Well I walked out if my house share thinking ok I can see blue bits in the sky. All of that has now gone in a flash and Sundays glorious weather is just like a needle in a haystack!!!!!! It will get better but everyone smiles when the sun is out. Witnessed the funniest thing this morning. Whilst on way to station a lady was calling Lottie lottie, I thought strange, I see no other dogs as her one is on the lead!!!! And then scampering along was a young car bouncing after it's owner... Not seen that before. Did make me chuckle and put a smile on me face

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It's only the GFS saying it though, the others show the rain pushing through on Monday, though to have such a disagreement at only 3 days away really puts into perspective about how little confidence we have in how the weather will pan out next week. Those plumes in week 2 look a long long way away at the moment.

ECM doesn't look that great either at least to my eyes. Did actually see a small patch of blue sky half an hour ago here! But it's back to grey now lol. Sorry to be negative but this gloom and cold is so depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. After a couple of very wet and gloomy days, it's cheered up a bit in Ippy. Tuesday in Naaaaarich was horrendous. And apparently, there were flooded roads in Ippy.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Now I have definitely seen something that looked like a funnel cloud over Sheerness way. However it can't have been, what would make a cloud do that otherwise?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Warmer today, 18.2c but still breezy and cloudy! Threat of heavy showers this afternoon in some parts of the region, not sure if they will make it to London! West looks best if you like thunderstorms!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Quite nice here now, sun's out, feels a bit muggy, nice fluffy towers going up......

Posted

It has finally stopped raining :clap: sun is out, some patch cloud about but it has stopped bloody raining! :yahoo:

Feeling a lot warmer today also :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of lovely convective clouds popping up over Essex/Thames Estuary way.

Posted

Just been out in the garden to get something out of the shed and feeling rather pleasant in the warm sunshine, there is a bit of a breeze mind, but this is the best it has been out there all week.